Got back from my first regional

#1PrinnyRaiderPosted 10/7/2012 10:40:03 PM
I went 0-2 cause I suck (0-2 in AE as well ;<), so I went ahead and played some casuals with some dood. Played like 20-30 games with some guy who was just serving me up free. Pretty sure he perfected me 3 times.

Anyway it wasn't until 10 games in did I learn this guy next to me was Mine, the guy who got top 8 at evo for vanilla. In the end I only took one game from him and it was his 2ndary team of mags/doom/vergil.

I had a lot of fun and I hope to do it again at the weeklies in my area. (PS I won a raffle for a TE stick, so it wasn't a total waste lol)

/blogfaqs
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmWlS7BT3HU
#2shaolinotterPosted 10/8/2012 5:07:12 AM
This is totallly normal for your first big tourny. The point is to play casuals, befriend the good players and ask questions, and have fun. Unless you are naturally gifted, experience is the only way to weed our tournament nerves.
---
PSN: MyBodyIsInfested
#3prindoPosted 10/8/2012 5:24:32 AM
I was there too!

Went 1-2 in Marvel (lost to the guy who got 3rd and someone else), but ended up taking a couple casual sets from Mine.

He's a super nice guy, just sat there and chatted with him for pretty much the entirety of the tournament after I got knocked out. He even invited me to play with him and his friends so he could help level me up.

Also congrats on winning the stick, all I got was a TTT2 poster. I don't even play the game >.>
---
# of STP's-6