The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I think I may be done with online.

#1MK9_ProdigyPosted 10/10/2012 11:56:50 PM
This isn't about salt. This isn't about people using online tactics. I've come to terms with losing online. I don't mind it anymore.

But I was playing online ten times better then I play offline in my last tournament (in my eyes). That's unacceptable. I think a lot of it has to do with me being used to the hint of lag in my combos from online. That's why I randomly drop links like:

(Zero)

St.MH (Call Assist Task Arrows) Cr.M St.H

I will randomly just drop Cr.M because I guess I'm used to the online delay. I've been playing Online because I've started back at school and so has my friend. So my execution offline has been going downhill.

Playing perfectly today really opened my eyes about how I should be playing offline.

Does anyone think the online delay really messes up my execution offline like I perceive? Or am I just overreacting to a couple of off days?
---
Psn: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, TTT2.
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#2serpentaurusPosted 10/11/2012 12:03:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-fSrFZf6M&feature=g-u-u
---
Now playing: UMvC3
#31TruKingPosted 10/11/2012 12:04:53 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
This isn't about salt. This isn't about people using online tactics. I've come to terms with losing online. I don't mind it anymore.

But I was playing online ten times better then I play offline in my last tournament (in my eyes). That's unacceptable. I think a lot of it has to do with me being used to the hint of lag in my combos from online. That's why I randomly drop links like:

(Zero)

St.MH (Call Assist Task Arrows) Cr.M St.H

I will randomly just drop Cr.M because I guess I'm used to the online delay. I've been playing Online because I've started back at school and so has my friend. So my execution offline has been going downhill.

Playing perfectly today really opened my eyes about how I should be playing offline.

Does anyone think the online delay really messes up my execution offline like I perceive? Or am I just overreacting to a couple of off days?

It does/did for me. Second I quit online my doom movement improved dramatically. I was doing a lot more with wolverine and coming up with new tactics and mixups. I talked to knives about this before and he said he used to play a lot online but he was being hurt offline by it.
---
Build a man a fire and he's warm for hours. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
#4RagingRicansPosted 10/11/2012 12:09:16 AM
Like you said on links. I feel like I pressa medium ,but nothing comes out. Timing is a little off and sometimes when I think I jump I stay on the ground. You can adjust after a good amount of days.
---
PSN: RagingRicans. "Rican's who rage are spicy chalupas". - Fictional Hispanic man.
#5MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 12:15:43 AM
RagingRicans posted...
Like you said on links. I feel like I pressa medium ,but nothing comes out. Timing is a little off and sometimes when I think I jump I stay on the ground. You can adjust after a good amount of days.

So it probably is online then. And yeah you and I have very similar team composition and you use the kind of combo I do with the Trish assist. Is that what you're talking about?

So yeah I think I just need to stick to offline but If I have no one to play with, what should I do? PRACTICE Constantly? That's boring :<
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#6KromagnumPosted 10/11/2012 12:19:15 AM
I only recently started attending tournaments. I've been to two. And yes, I've thought the same thing. Online timing is actually detrimental to my offline game. I dropping the simplest combos, literally the MMHS magic series.

Another specific example:

If I connect with a falling j.H with Tron, I'll confirm into air Bonne Strike H, land, s.M, Gustav Fire, j.MHS, which results in a ground bounce for further combo. When I play this offline, my j.M doesn't come out, and I get a whiffed j.H instead. This happened literally every time I tried the combo, both during casuals and tournament matches. But I land it online like every time.

I go into training mode and get it down, and I think I have it, but then I just can't get it. I dunno if it's "tourney nerves" or whatever, cause I really don't get that nervous.

I do occasionally play offline at home (I only have 1 person to play against), and when I do, I can get this combo. When I go to tourneys, the game feels faster. I dunno if its the lag-free monitors or what, but I've changed my tv to game mode and all that jazz, and it still doesn't feel as fast as those.

I've considered quitting online completely. The only reason I play online is because single player is boring, and I just love playing Marvel. I've heard rumblings of a weekly being started up in my city, though. So once that happens, I'm hoping to convert to 100% offline.
---
PSN: glenn220
Have you ever tried just turning off the TV, sitting down with your children, and hitting them?
#7KarsticlesPosted 10/11/2012 12:26:08 AM
Yeah, online can really mess with your timing. I'm almost only an online warrior, but I went to a tournament about six months ago. My timing was so off that I dropped Purification OTG -> Chaotic Flame once.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#8shaolinotterPosted 10/11/2012 12:30:45 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...

You are not overreacting at all, it's dumb. Playing Zero is sort of like a buffer though, because even though your combos aren't doing max damage online, you're still getting a good percentage of it off a hit that your opponent likely blocked. So if you dropping your combos at 70% damage, but getting twice as many hits for being able to do full screen crossups that are unblockable online, that's still 140% of your offline damage.

Not to mention you're way too good at lightning loops online.
---
PSN: MyBodyIsInfested
#9KawasakininPosted 10/11/2012 12:59:54 AM
Kromagnum posted...
I only recently started attending tournaments. I've been to two. And yes, I've thought the same thing. Online timing is actually detrimental to my offline game. I dropping the simplest combos, literally the MMHS magic series.

Another specific example:

If I connect with a falling j.H with Tron, I'll confirm into air Bonne Strike H, land, s.M, Gustav Fire, j.MHS, which results in a ground bounce for further combo. When I play this offline, my j.M doesn't come out, and I get a whiffed j.H instead. This happened literally every time I tried the combo, both during casuals and tournament matches. But I land it online like every time.

I go into training mode and get it down, and I think I have it, but then I just can't get it. I dunno if it's "tourney nerves" or whatever, cause I really don't get that nervous.

I do occasionally play offline at home (I only have 1 person to play against), and when I do, I can get this combo. When I go to tourneys, the game feels faster. I dunno if its the lag-free monitors or what, but I've changed my tv to game mode and all that jazz, and it still doesn't feel as fast as those.

I've considered quitting online completely. The only reason I play online is because single player is boring, and I just love playing Marvel. I've heard rumblings of a weekly being started up in my city, though. So once that happens, I'm hoping to convert to 100% offline.

dude its the tv. I have to practice on my computer monitor before real tournaments so i'm used to it before I get there. even a 1/2hour is enough.
---
psn: kawasakinin http://www.youtube.com/user/kawasakinin
Taskmaster Dante Deadpool http://www.twitch.tv/kawasakinin
#10MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 1:27:34 AM
shaolinotter posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...

You are not overreacting at all, it's dumb. Playing Zero is sort of like a buffer though, because even though your combos aren't doing max damage online, you're still getting a good percentage of it off a hit that your opponent likely blocked. So if you dropping your combos at 70% damage, but getting twice as many hits for being able to do full screen crossups that are unblockable online, that's still 140% of your offline damage.

Not to mention you're way too good at lightning loops online.

Ha, no actually I'm getting more damage online because I drop too many things offline! D:

Not including all the blocking and whatnot that you factored in I'm playing better online combo-wise. That's what makes me mad. :(
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~