Strange is about to win a major

#41ZTS_vs_DeckPosted 11/4/2012 7:13:43 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Spotlesseden posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Spotlesseden posted...
FireflyV_ONE posted...
Strange just won a major. GG, Zero.

I like Yipes, but this is not a major. IF this is a major then Zero also won a major too. Just ask Mihe
This is just a normal tournament in an anime con.

Yea ... a "normal" tournament that featured 4 of the top 6 Marvel players in the world.

Only people missing was Chris G and maybe Flocker.

Chris G
Flocker
Yipes
Justin
FChamp
PrRog

in any order are the top 6 players playing atm ... if 4 of these guys are at a tournament ... it is pretty much a major by default.

No, i don't know where you get this idea. Canada Cup is much harder than this one. They only have few top players, then most of them are below average.
This is a new tournament that just throw it out there.
In Tennis , even if 6 of the top 10 players in the tournament, it can still be not a major. if that's not a major, it's not a major, it doesn't matter who enter.

Except this isn't Tennis ... and there is no one structure that has complete and total control over how things work or an official ranking system.

So nice try ...

You're right Tennis has structure and legit majors. FGC can put "Major" on any tournament. This tournament was a regional, not a major.

NEC and SoCal Regionals are the only rwo majors coming up anytime soon for Marvel after that you have to wait till Final Round for anther Major tournament. As in one of the Top 10 tournaments of the year.

You can not have 40+ Majors a year, then they are not majors. That defeats the whole purpose of the term, Major. What is even sadder is that there have been like 40+ Majors since UMVC3's release and Zero hasn't won a single one.

Give it up. The "Majors" are NEC, SoCal Regionals, Final Round, EVO, ECT, Seasons Beatings(No Long exists), and CEO. Winning those tournaments means FAR more than winning SummerJam or T13 or Revelations or any of these out tournament. These are legitimate Nation wide caliber tournaments where people travel from all over the US to compete and not just 1 or 3 guys come from out of state.
---
"If I could use one word to describe you it is Tactless."
#42KajinNinjaPosted 11/4/2012 7:24:31 PM
1Scream1 posted...
Newuser posted...
NEC
SCR
Winter Brawl
Final Round
NCR
UFGT
ECT
CEO
Summer Jam
Season's Beatings

Only events that has the reputation to be considered a major.

This just in, EVO is not considered a major.

Whelp... saw that coming.
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <?????/?????/?????>
#43KajinNinjaPosted 11/4/2012 7:25:39 PM
zombie13579 posted...
Where art thou Titor! nova won!!

Rolling in his grave somewhere...
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <?????/?????/?????>
#44NewuserPosted 11/4/2012 7:55:28 PM(edited)
1Scream1 posted...
Newuser posted...
NEC
SCR
Winter Brawl
Final Round
NCR
UFGT
ECT
CEO
Summer Jam
Season's Beatings

Only events that has the reputation to be considered a major.

This just in, EVO is not considered a major.

EVO is not a major, EVO is EVO which is above any major.

Also, Combofiend won that Arizona tourney, so today is 2 wins for team Nemo.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#45smasher61Posted 11/4/2012 7:56:02 PM(edited)
KajinNinja posted...
zombie13579 posted...
Where art thou Titor! nova won!!

Rolling in his grave somewhere...

strange was on the winning team so it actually balances out
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
#46OMEGA RUGALPosted 11/4/2012 8:01:00 PM
resonte_delmont posted...
So basically your all saying that big2 and maybe thursday runbacks are basically weekly majors, since top level players are always there right?
Face it, it was just a regular tournament. You guys are seriously delusional if that's how you think major tournaments work. Next thing you know you'll start saying that charity tournaments are majors, huh?

Name how many times a Big 2 or Runback had 4 of the top 6 players playing ...
I'll wait ...
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
#47resonte_delmontPosted 11/4/2012 8:31:11 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
So basically your all saying that big2 and maybe thursday runbacks are basically weekly majors, since top level players are always there right?
Face it, it was just a regular tournament. You guys are seriously delusional if that's how you think major tournaments work. Next thing you know you'll start saying that charity tournaments are majors, huh?

I'll wait ...

The only players on that list I consider to be at the top are Chris, flocker, and champ. The other three are close but they can lose to a lot of the other top players. Top players list are most always opinions, so whatever list your getting names from is irrelevant.
Also, while i can't speak for the runback(although there Is usually top level talent there), I do remember when fanatiq and champ were at big 2. Also there wad chrisG, marlinpie, rayray, Noel, and maybe yipes among others. I don't remember if he was there or not. Either way that is already 6 top level players at a local. The big2 Im talking about and this youmacon are similar by standards if top players. Do you think they are the same calibur tourney? Didn't think so.
---
PSN: ShellShock_V2
#48NewuserPosted 11/4/2012 9:07:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A65kHvDCEAASvUX.jpg
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#49HipsterrrPosted 11/4/2012 9:18:58 PM
^ hehe
#50OMEGA RUGALPosted 11/5/2012 12:25:55 AM(edited)
OMEGA RUGAL posted...

I'll wait ...

The only players on that list I consider to be at the top are Chris, flocker, and champ. The other three are close but they can lose to a lot of the other top players. Top players list are most always opinions, so whatever list your getting names from is irrelevant.
Also, while i can't speak for the runback(although there Is usually top level talent there), I do remember when fanatiq and champ were at big 2. Also there wad chrisG, marlinpie, rayray, Noel, and maybe yipes among others. I don't remember if he was there or not. Either way that is already 6 top level players at a local. The big2 Im talking about and this youmacon are similar by standards if top players. Do you think they are the same calibur tourney? Didn't think so.

No one with any sort of intelligence would rank ray ray, noel brown or marlin pie one justin wongs level.

Those guys can maybe take a set here or there but Justin would be the CLEAR favorite against them. Dont lie to urself.

N no. Yipes was not a part of that Big 2. If you really knew what u were talking about, u would have known Yipes did not play that day and there is a reason why he never plays at Big 2 at all anymore. Clearly u dont know why.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip