What happens to Gamefaqs Level players that go to majors.

#71Bigezzay08Posted 11/7/2012 11:39:22 PM
I can settle the whole autism thing right now....He doesn't have it. I've worked with kids that are autistic for over three years now and just from that video alone I can tell he doesn't suffer from it.

He just simply doesn't know how to lose and has paper thin skin. He's simply an adolescent sore loser. I mean there's no shame in wanting someone to take you seriously in game and even putting up money, but when you lose you shouldn't hang your head and cry about it. Granted that a lot of those guys were a*holes and are like sharks that smelled a tear as if it were blood and completely humiliated the guy. If he would've just taken his lickings and learned from this experience instead of letting his emotions get the best of him then there wouldn't be this controversy.

This is the FGC. Man up and get better or gtfo.

And as far as MK9 goes...dude is a nice guy. Just because your surrounded by dbags doesn't necessarily make you one.
---
GT: I AM ONSLAUGHT
#72RobIsntDrunkPosted 11/7/2012 11:44:06 PM
Has Kotaku been called yet guys?
---
People complain about lag when the connection is flawless.
#73SadCubsFanPosted 11/7/2012 11:53:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#74MK9_ProdigyPosted 11/8/2012 12:15:44 AM
deltamirage posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
deltamirage posted...
There are some really hateful people in this topic. Let the dude take the loss however he wants to, as long as he doesn't get physical with anyone.

All that video really does is further prove that team CORN is just a bunch of scumbags.

How so? They didn't make him cry. He did it of his own merit. Only thing they did was film it. allcaps even tried to calm him down and told him to stop crying. Not their fault at all.

No offense, but I could careless about what you have to say about it. You are part of team Scumbags after all.

Scumbags? They bring hype. What the hell is the kid money matching for if he is going to cry when he loses? Heckling comes with the game. I get heckled when I go places, it's not only CORN. You guys need to get out and play offline for money (either in tournaments or in MM's) and see if you don't get heckled. It's not purely CORN.
---
Psn: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, TTT2.
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#75MK9_ProdigyPosted 11/8/2012 12:16:11 AM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
deltamirage posted...
There are some really hateful people in this topic. Let the dude take the loss however he wants to, as long as he doesn't get physical with anyone.

All that video really does is further prove that team CORN is just a bunch of scumbags.

How so? They didn't make him cry. He did it of his own merit. Only thing they did was film it. allcaps even tried to calm him down and told him to stop crying. Not their fault at all.

I used to have some respect for you, but you being in league with those guys...

I see. I don't heckle people or anything but I do find it hilarious. I got heckled by CORN and you know what I did? Got better and then they recruited me. You're not going to get very far playing in tournaments if you let yourself get heckled and then quit. It happens EVERYWHERE, this is not a CORN-only thing.

I wasn't there when the match went down, but they probably talked trash the entire time, that kid had to get used to it. You don't go to someone else's city and MM their best player without getting trash-talked. Come on now.

ZTS is right. If you guys want to go to majors and tourneys and expect NOT to get trash talked, this will be you.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#76MK9_ProdigyPosted 11/8/2012 12:18:34 AM
Bigezzay08 posted...
I can settle the whole autism thing right now....He doesn't have it. I've worked with kids that are autistic for over three years now and just from that video alone I can tell he doesn't suffer from it.

He just simply doesn't know how to lose and has paper thin skin. He's simply an adolescent sore loser. I mean there's no shame in wanting someone to take you seriously in game and even putting up money, but when you lose you shouldn't hang your head and cry about it. Granted that a lot of those guys were a*holes and are like sharks that smelled a tear as if it were blood and completely humiliated the guy. If he would've just taken his lickings and learned from this experience instead of letting his emotions get the best of him then there wouldn't be this controversy.

This is the FGC. Man up and get better or gtfo.

And as far as MK9 goes...dude is a nice guy. Just because your surrounded by dbags doesn't necessarily make you one.

^^This. Thank you.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#77Strider HienPosted 11/8/2012 5:43:25 AM(edited)
Also,while checking the NEOGAF thread,I stumbled unto this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdsY9-5sUKg&feature=player_detailpage#t=25s

Hmmm.....>_>
---
Defender of Justice.Destroyer of Evil.Eternal Goody 2 shoes and friendly rival to everyone I encounter.PSN:DJSTRIDER
#78Old_SodPosted 11/8/2012 6:26:51 AM
This is one of the reasons I don't got to tournaments. The whole superiority complex that comes with the FGC is complete garbage. Competition is great driving force for the existence of video game tourneys, but the trash talking and "earning respect" aspect that comes along with the FGC (at least Marvel's) is just plain stupid.

As for CORN...

serpentaurus posted...
Those CORN dudes are terrible people with terrible sportsmanship. I hope they all get banned somehow from future tournaments.

I can't believe I actually agree with Serp on something...
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#79TruthAndJusticePosted 11/8/2012 6:55:47 AM
Bigezzay08 posted...

You could be Mr. Autism himself that has lived on planet Autism for thirty years for all I care, one does not simply give out a diagnosis from a video clip of one minute twenty three seconds.

I'm not saying he's definitely on the spectrum, I'm just saying it's pretty silly for anyone who concludes this kid either having autism or not on the basis of a short youtube video.
#80Lord_Shadow_19Posted 11/8/2012 7:45:12 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
deltamirage posted...

I used to have some respect for you, but you being in league with those guys...

I see. I don't heckle people or anything but I do find it hilarious. I got heckled by CORN and you know what I did? Got better and then they recruited me. You're not going to get very far playing in tournaments if you let yourself get heckled and then quit. It happens EVERYWHERE, this is not a CORN-only thing.

I wasn't there when the match went down, but they probably talked trash the entire time, that kid had to get used to it. You don't go to someone else's city and MM their best player without getting trash-talked. Come on now.

ZTS is right. If you guys want to go to majors and tourneys and expect NOT to get trash talked, this will be you.

Talking trash is all well and good but putting the video on youtube is pretty messed up. Otherwise, I agree with you, I've been to majors so I'm well aware of the scene.
---
Need partner to carry me in RE6 mercenaries. PSN: Entropy19