What happens to Gamefaqs Level players that go to majors.

#81Crimson_RexPosted 11/8/2012 7:49:50 AM
Old_Sod posted...
The whole superiority complex that comes with the FGC is complete garbage. Competition is great driving force for the existence of video game tourneys, but the trash talking and "earning respect" aspect that comes along with the FGC (at least Marvel's) is just plain stupid.

As for CORN...

serpentaurus posted...
Those CORN dudes are terrible people with terrible sportsmanship. I hope they all get banned somehow from future tournaments.

I can't believe I actually agree with Serp on something...

All of that.

Jesus Christ, this video is god awful. For one that guy was stupid for getting on camera. The sterotypical nature of both this video and user makes me facedesk so damn hard. Oy vey...
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#82KNITEMAREXPosted 11/8/2012 9:53:55 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
I see. I don't heckle people or anything but I do find it hilarious. I got heckled by CORN and you know what I did? Got better and then they recruited me. You're not going to get very far playing in tournaments if you let yourself get heckled and then quit. It happens EVERYWHERE, this is not a CORN-only thing.

I wasn't there when the match went down, but they probably talked trash the entire time, that kid had to get used to it. You don't go to someone else's city and MM their best player without getting trash-talked. Come on now.

ZTS is right. If you guys want to go to majors and tourneys and expect NOT to get trash talked, this will be you.

The trash talk is all well and good, but when you CORN dudes (well not you specifically) start threatening violence over games, bumping into random people on the street, and starting crap for no reason, just makes them seem idiotic
---
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/knitemare-x
#83OranejoPosted 11/8/2012 10:41:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUNIeGFNiZo

Full vid of the matches in case anyone has not seen it yet.
---
SuperNiceDog keeps that Guru Jeep ridin'.
#84Telly2588Posted 11/8/2012 12:42:46 PM(edited)
Old_Sod posted...
This is one of the reasons I don't got to tournaments. The whole superiority complex that comes with the FGC is complete garbage. Competition is great driving force for the existence of video game tourneys, but the trash talking and "earning respect" aspect that comes along with the FGC (at least Marvel's) is just plain stupid

Trashing talking and earning respect is NOT exclusive to the fighting game community, it comes with participating in ANYTHING competitive. And I mean anything from basketball to dog shows, it's the nature of the beast and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

9/10 it's all in good fun, but when you get hella sensitive people WILL make fun of you, the only thing you can do is take your lickings, take the heckling on the chin, and counter act with snappy comebacks of your own. Take FChamp for example, most people hate his attitude, but the people who actually know him say he's a really cool guy. It's just a game, but somewhere along the lines people allow their egos and pride to get involved and this is the end result.

And as for CORN putting up the video, so what? Lemme tell y'all something, I could've been balling my eyes out, the moment I saw a camera phone come out I would've wiped my tears and pretended everything was fine. We live in a technology infused age, if you do some wild s*** expect people to videotape it and post it up somewhere, plain and simple.

At the end of the day, someone who is old enough to know better is crying over a video game, I said it before and I'll say it again, he needs to grab his balls and man up. Ain't nobody got time for that! *Sweet Brown voice*
---
PSN: BksOnlyHoP3
Yeezy taught me.
#85NoizyChildPosted 11/12/2012 12:36:06 PM
How is asking for something whining?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491441&highlight=nintendoland

Read that and tell me if it's worth a topic.
---
In America businesses don't need profits to survive. - llaW_Enots
The SFxT boards in a nutshell: http://i.imgur.com/9ECXm.gif
#86ih0tfireiPosted 11/12/2012 1:14:09 PM
Telly2588 posted...
Old_Sod posted...
This is one of the reasons I don't got to tournaments. The whole superiority complex that comes with the FGC is complete garbage. Competition is great driving force for the existence of video game tourneys, but the trash talking and "earning respect" aspect that comes along with the FGC (at least Marvel's) is just plain stupid

Trashing talking and earning respect is NOT exclusive to the fighting game community, it comes with participating in ANYTHING competitive. And I mean anything from basketball to dog shows, it's the nature of the beast and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

9/10 it's all in good fun, but when you get hella sensitive people WILL make fun of you, the only thing you can do is take your lickings, take the heckling on the chin, and counter act with snappy comebacks of your own. Take FChamp for example, most people hate his attitude, but the people who actually know him say he's a really cool guy. It's just a game, but somewhere along the lines people allow their egos and pride to get involved and this is the end result.

And as for CORN putting up the video, so what? Lemme tell y'all something, I could've been balling my eyes out, the moment I saw a camera phone come out I would've wiped my tears and pretended everything was fine. We live in a technology infused age, if you do some wild s*** expect people to videotape it and post it up somewhere, plain and simple.

At the end of the day, someone who is old enough to know better is crying over a video game, I said it before and I'll say it again, he needs to grab his balls and man up. Ain't nobody got time for that! *Sweet Brown voice*

Especially in Brooklyn. Growing up in the 90's taught me that crying over anything other than a family member passing away is a big no no.
---
360 tag- I Hotfire I
#87dcm217Posted 11/12/2012 1:24:12 PM
Geez I feel for the guy. 1. You lose the fight. 2. You lose the cash 3. You start crying
4. Someone throws a camera in your face and starts talking trash

Sure, he got himself into the situation, however you don't need to film him crying.

On another note, why $90?? Why not 100? Did he just money match everything in his pockets?