I need your help Gamefaqs.

#1MK9_ProdigyPosted 11/18/2012 9:48:45 AM
So yesterday I was in a tourney and I got second. I went to winners then entire way and even knocked the guy who beat me into losers.

he switched his team a LOT to finally beat me, and he did. With Wesker/Cap/Strider. Strider destroyed me. Wesker zoning me out coupled with Strider was hard as hell to get by. I only took one match :(

So out of my secondary teams which should I work on for a counter to strider:

VJ/Wesker/Strider
Wesker/Doom/Strider
Magneto/Taskmaster/Doom
Spencer/Wesker/Doom
Taskmaster/Dante/Vergil

Or should I just stick to Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil?
---
Psn: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, TTT2. Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#2KarsticlesPosted 11/18/2012 10:09:24 AM
Hidden Missiles is the best answer to Strider.

You could also consider playing your team in a different order for that matchup. Zero has trouble with Strider, but Taskmaster handles Strider quite well if you play an offensive game. Maybe not the best option in the world, but I tend to prefer team order changes to using different teams.

Weren't teams locked?

Where did you play?
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#3MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:24:28 AM
Karsticles posted...
Hidden Missiles is the best answer to Strider.

You could also consider playing your team in a different order for that matchup. Zero has trouble with Strider, but Taskmaster handles Strider quite well if you play an offensive game. Maybe not the best option in the world, but I tend to prefer team order changes to using different teams.

Weren't teams locked?

Where did you play?

Teams are locked if you win. Maybe I should have used Task may cry..
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#4dehsooPosted 11/18/2012 10:33:09 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
So yesterday I was in a tourney and I got second. I went to winners then entire way and even knocked the guy who beat me into losers.

he switched his team a LOT to finally beat me, and he did. With Wesker/Cap/Strider. Strider destroyed me. Wesker zoning me out coupled with Strider was hard as hell to get by. I only took one match :(

VJ/Wesker/Strider
Wesker/Doom/Strider
Magneto/Taskmaster/Doom
Spencer/Wesker/Doom
Taskmaster/Dante/Vergil

Use the second, but switch Wesker for Zero, switch Doom for Dante and switch Strider for Virgil.
#5MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:36:16 AM
dehsoo posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...

VJ/Wesker/Strider
Wesker/Doom/Strider
Magneto/Taskmaster/Doom
Spencer/Wesker/Doom
Taskmaster/Dante/Vergil

Use the second, but switch Wesker for Zero, switch Doom for Dante and switch Strider for Virgil.

Creative.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#6catkiller904Posted 11/18/2012 10:49:57 AM
I would say the Mag team. Shockwave the ****er, make him bleed, scare your opponent from calling him too much (or even kill him if you can blow the resources), then move in with Missiles backing you. I don't think you need to worry about Cap's assist, whatever it is. Kill Wesker on touch, snap Strider in, then deal with Cap last.

Just my thoughts.
---
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://oi47.tinypic.com/xpd6x2.jpg
#7MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:04:53 AM
catkiller904 posted...
I would say the Mag team. Shockwave the ****er, make him bleed, scare your opponent from calling him too much (or even kill him if you can blow the resources), then move in with Missiles backing you. I don't think you need to worry about Cap's assist, whatever it is. Kill Wesker on touch, snap Strider in, then deal with Cap last.

Just my thoughts.

Good idea. Cap's assist isn't scary but Wesker IS scary. Shockwave is good to counter Strider. Very good idea.

I'll work on mags then. And doom. I was hoping I could use that team because my Taskmaster is great and probably my all-around best character. Might also run Task may cry.

I know doom can sphere flame as well.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#8SaggyMaggiePosted 11/18/2012 11:10:41 AM
Guess better next time XD
#9CaZbaR19Posted 11/18/2012 11:11:50 AM
how are you getting zoned out by Wesker with Zero?
and beat by Strider with Vergil?

You shouldn't even need to be in the air with Zero vs Wesker & Strider.
Buster + tk lightning & arrows or rapidslash own him free
---
PSN = SagaFX
The Dr Strange Guru
#10lol_whatPosted 11/18/2012 11:30:05 AM
everyone on your team should be able to stab vajra assist on reaction and kill him