I need your help Gamefaqs.

#11Chat NoirPosted 11/18/2012 1:33:23 PM
Magneto/Task/Doom is your best shot, assuming you're using Missiles.

Magneto/Missiles basically don't give a **** about Vajra, and Magneto will keep Wesker at bay. Also Shockwave xx Secret Move is a great (and generally safe) DHC, especially against Cap.

Dunno about Task may Cry tho. Might work.
#12shaolinotterPosted 11/18/2012 1:39:35 PM
I don't think counter picking is the answer. you would have got bopped by strider with any character. just work on that blocking.
---
PSN: MyBodyIsInfested
#13RagingRicansPosted 11/18/2012 1:42:41 PM
What tournament was this?
---
PSN: RagingRicans. "Rican's who rage are spicy chalupas". - Fictional Hispanic man.
#14MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 1:48:23 PM
RagingRicans posted...
What tournament was this?

Our local Ranbat.

shaolinotter posted...
I don't think counter picking is the answer. you would have got bopped by strider with any character. just work on that blocking.

Wait, why? Strider is a hard counter to Zero.

Wesker rarely was ever on the ground, he would Jump, Shoot, Jump, Shoot with Strider raining down on me.
---
Psn: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, TTT2. Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#15MrFruitPunchPosted 11/18/2012 2:37:05 PM
With zero I'm pretty sure you can just backdash to avoid vajra. Right when you see him coming down back dash then S.h or s.
---
GT: xMR FRUIT PUNCH
#16MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 2:43:24 PM
MrFruitPunch posted...
With zero I'm pretty sure you can just backdash to avoid vajra. Right when you see him coming down back dash then S.h or s.

Good advice. I'll try that.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#171TruKingPosted 11/18/2012 2:55:00 PM
year later and people still don't know.

any move that has a hit box that extends higher than the hurt box can hit strder assist out of vajra. zero's launcher I would assume will do it on reaction easily. Dooms hard kick is one of the easiest counters. Magneto launcher etc.. If he's trying to zone you then just hit strider. its really really easy if you practice it. Go to training and see what you have that hits strider on reaction. use headphones to hear the assist call. time your reactions based on assist call. build a kill combo that you can do when wesker is trying to zone you on strider. If wesker's trying to zone you there's a good chance you can kill strider and not much he can do about it.
---
Build a man a fire and he's warm for hours. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
#18justcusimasianPosted 11/18/2012 3:49:37 PM
I always thought Zero could j.8H and hit Strider out of Vajra...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_au-qancp_4&feature=related
GT-EXjohn
#19MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:02:34 PM
1TruKing posted...

any move that has a hit box that extends higher than the hurt box can hit strder assist out of vajra. zero's launcher I would assume will do it on reaction easily. Dooms hard kick is one of the easiest counters. Magneto launcher etc.. If he's trying to zone you then just hit strider. its really really easy if you practice it. Go to training and see what you have that hits strider on reaction. use headphones to hear the assist call. time your reactions based on assist call. build a kill combo that you can do when wesker is trying to zone you on strider. If wesker's trying to zone you there's a good chance you can kill strider and not much he can do about it.

Thanks dude, will try that.

And I actually did try to see if 8H would work and it does. I can take out like 70 percent of Strider in one touch.
---
~~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#20Chat NoirPosted 11/18/2012 4:28:58 PM
1TruKing posted...

What kind of vajra users have you been facing?
There're three ways to use Vajra efficiently. Call it while attacking to extend the opponent blockstun, call it during a mixup to force the opponent down and/or bait him into punishing you so you catch him while he does so, or call it against an airborne opponent to force him down or to stop his movement There's no safe way to punish Vajra in any of those situations. All you can do is make a guess. Also, the guy had Cap. Using Charging Star or Shield Slash to prevent a grounded Zero from getting in is also effective.
The only thing you can do against it as Zero is jump then quickly do qcbL (downwards command dash) to bait the assist call, then hit S to punish it. But it's a long shot. Not mentioning that he can use teleports to prevent you from comboing Strider to death.

So waiting to punish the assist call is a pretty bad idea if the guy knows what he is doing... You'd better fill the screen with stuff to prevent the him from calling Vajra and challenge Wesker assistless, which is also kinda risky given Zero's low health.
That's why mobile zoner w/ Vajra is usually the easiest way to counter Zero. He can deal with it, but it's hard.