Can someone explain how TK motions work in Zero's LL?

#1jolteonsockPosted 11/20/2012 8:51:35 AM
A friend of mine who plays Zero said you have the TK motion the DP to get his LL consistently. I was messing with Zero in the training room a bit yesterday and didn't understand how exactly it applied.
---
XBL GT: F apachino
#2OrosukePosted 11/20/2012 8:53:07 AM

Etc
---
Normally I would concede, but Tobi lies about everything. He even lied to himself in his own monologue. - GuideToTheDark
#3AegisIkanaPosted 11/20/2012 9:15:28 PM
jolteonsock posted...
A friend of mine who plays Zero said you have the TK motion the DP to get his LL consistently. I was messing with Zero in the training room a bit yesterday and didn't understand how exactly it applied.

Figure it out yet?
---
Add TheVeldt on PSN. Spencer/Morrigan/Doom
I've got Bionic Arms for days!
#4Herr_EdgeworthPosted 11/20/2012 9:45:26 PM(edited)

This game's motions are pretty lenient.
---
Known by the KH Boards as Scaler24.
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Teams: http://www.tinyurl.com/zewram or http://www.tinyurl.com/dofrde
#5ProzacStylingsPosted 11/21/2012 11:25:32 AM
Herr_Edgeworth posted...

This game's motions are pretty lenient.

Actually, the motions in this game are pretty strict, and require every direction, diagonals included, to be there along the way. Games like AE have rather lenient motions, and can get away with stupid stuff like 2864 360s and 323 DPs.

That said, here's a baby's first combo explanation, incase TC needs a little more.

With Zero, you just need to do an L Raikozen very close to the ground, so you recover quickly enough to do another one.

"Up, Dragon Punch + L" will generally be too slow. So, you need to do..

"Dragon Punch, Up, L" instead, quickly. This is called "Tiger Knee"ing it, or TKing it, etc.

So, do a dragon punch motion, press up, wait a split second, and press L, all done quickly.

If you look at your numpad on your keyboard, the directions for this look like 632369, like Herr pointed out.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#6jolteonsock(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 3:45:32 PM
I haven't had a chance to practice just yet (Full time student+ full time job= not much playtime) but I think I get the general concept and how to approach it. Since I'm on topic, can you go into the LL straight from a MMHS OTG TK DP hyper? or is it necessary to have the assist thing pros do with dante or other characters?
---
XBL GT: F apachino
#7koga_wolf_demonPosted 11/21/2012 3:51:05 PM
jolteonsock posted...
I haven't had a chance to practice just yet (Full time student+ full time job= not much playtime) but I think I get the general concept and how to approach it. Since I'm on topic, can you go into the LL straight from a MMHS OTG TK DP hyper? or is it necessary to have the assist thing pros do with dante or other characters?

Zero can go into the LL solo. It's just assists make it easier.

Blah blah basic combo, air QCF M/H, Lv.3 buster, DP L, Sogenmu, jump, Lv.3 buster, LL.
---
Official Zero of the UMvC3 boards. PSN: ichikoga
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2, Tales of Graces F(2nd playthrough)
#8wariudePosted 11/21/2012 4:32:13 PM
koga_wolf_demon posted...
jolteonsock posted...

Blah blah basic combo, air QCF M/H, Lv.3 buster, DP L, Sogenmu, jump, Lv.3 buster, LL.

Are you sure that's correct? There's not a lot of time between the two Lv.3 busters.
---
PSN: gfgalvao
SSFIVAE - Balrog, Ibuki, Cody; UMvC3: Vergil/Wesker/Hawkeye, Wesker/Mr. Wright/Dormammu, Dante/Frank/Dormammu.
#9SGleader1Posted 11/21/2012 4:52:11 PM
wariude posted...
jolteonsock posted...

Are you sure that's correct? There's not a lot of time between the two Lv.3 busters.

Yeah that's correct. You have to hold down L durring the DP and use M + H to use your hyper.
---
Done with Marvel for a VERY long time.
#10wariudePosted 11/21/2012 5:12:25 PM
SGleader1 posted...
wariude posted...
jolteonsock posted...

Yeah that's correct. You have to hold down L durring the DP and use M + H to use your hyper.

Yeah, but is there enough time to use a second Lv.3 buster after only a Raikousen and Sogenmu? Guess Zero can charge his buster faster than I thought...
---
PSN: gfgalvao
SSFIVAE - Balrog, Ibuki, Cody; UMvC3: Vergil/Wesker/Hawkeye, Wesker/Mr. Wright/Dormammu, Dante/Frank/Dormammu.