X-23 Team Building

#1n0s2004Posted 11/30/2012 2:15:31 AM
I'm thinking of trying a point X-23. What are some BNBs I should learn for starters. What assist does she benefit from? I'm thinking of an assist to help her get in & apply mix ups, maybe something like Sentinel drones.
---
PSN: SSJ_Hasham
XBL: Darth Hasham
#2awesomeunoPosted 11/30/2012 2:16:35 AM
Missiles & drones

Beam assist
---
Apparently I'm an icon now...Hell yeah.
#3Halo EightPosted 11/30/2012 6:27:53 AM
X-23/Wesker/Akuma
X-23/Doom/Ammy
---
#4BlackEnergy11Posted 11/30/2012 6:33:46 AM
ask godhand he's got a solid x23 but when i used to use her i would put hulk mid anchor sent.... that teams got nasty synergy
---
psn: neogunz1985
5th Lord Mains: ????? not sure anymore ... still the official Sent yaw'll
#5GyudonKillerPosted 11/30/2012 6:41:31 AM
X23/RR/Skrull is surprisingly good. If I remember correctly you can hit confirm into over 1mil damage off of log trap for an easy combo.
---
XBL:GyudonKiller
UMvC3:Dormammu/Skrull/Doom, SSFIVAE:Chun/Cody, SG:Cerebella, P4A:Chie
#6nantomasterPosted 11/30/2012 8:55:11 AM
I've given up on optimal team builds for X-23 lol. Can't seem to cover everything.

Anyway, I'd like X-23/Sent/Dante myself. TAC infinite with Sent for the meter gain for Silent Kill. Both X-23 and Sent benefit from Jam Session. Drones gets X-23 in(but can lose to beam projectiles.)

There are other options, depending on your playstyle/character preference.
---
PSN: Otogi-Matsuri. MVC3: X-23/Dante/Trish SSF4: Viper/Cammy/Sakura/Juri/Oni
http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
#7sykilik101Posted 11/30/2012 9:36:49 AM
X-23 works best with an OTG, a lockdown assist (beam or drones or arrows or whatever) for mixups, or Dante (for dat unblockable incoming level 3).

Also, while she CAN do crazy damage, she's built as a reset character, so try to get used to that.
---
"No life should be born for the sole purpose of dying."
UMvC3: X-23 (b), Deadpool (b), Dante (a)
#8n0s2004(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:10:51 PM
Whoa Nantomaster from the SF boards! Last person I expected to see here. Any pro players to look out for? I think Tatsu was the only one I recall playing Laura.
---
PSN: SSJ_Hasham
XBL: Darth Hasham
#9KarsticlesPosted 11/30/2012 2:17:13 PM
I think subbing her in over Viewtiful Joe on Kusoru's team would be interesting.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#10Chat NoirPosted 11/30/2012 2:53:17 PM
Karsticles posted...
I think subbing her in over Viewtiful Joe on Kusoru's team would be interesting.

There's too much synergy between Joe and Frank to remove him IMO. Better THC, More hits on TAC combos, hard tag combos etc. Plus, Joe ability to jump and avoid opening gambits is essential to this team against the likes of Wolverine, Zero or Vergil.

On topic, I think there some interesting synergy between X23, Task and Dante. Both work well with Dante, so X23/Task/Dante provide her an horizontal assist and a AA both easy to combo into. You can switch the order if you need safe DHC, but you can also move X23 to second spot since both Dante and Task (mostly Task) can work with the other assists.

Three issues tho.
It's seem impossible to use Task Arrows to combo after OTG Ankle Slice, so whenever you use Jam Session for a mixup you need to go for a reset. Also, this team lacks a real anchor, so you can't afford getting HBDed. Finally, Dante is the most important character of the team, which isn't really a good thing.