X-23 Team Building

#11Pat33ablePosted 11/30/2012 3:18:28 PM(edited)
X23/Sent idc who else you throw on that team; the amount of things that she can do with that assist is just ridiculous...
Been putting some hardcore hours in the lab discovering stuff; getting a whole lot of mileage out of the robot...
Its reached the point where I don't even need to use meter; 3f inescapable cross up resets and some of the dirtiest left rights I've seen in a while...
Never been a fan of uploading vids. but if you want to mess around or need Laura/Sent ideas I might...
Sentinel seems to cover nearly all of the things X23 needs in an assist; even if that does apply for everyone...ha!
---
2-3 posts per thread...Small fish fry! "GT: Pat33able"
This one's for youuuuuu Morph...!!!
#12ANARCHYRULZPosted 11/30/2012 3:31:43 PM
i dont know i think her as anchor is so sick

by the time she gets in, she probably has some meter to work with

hits a character and builds more meter/kills them and might use a bar or might not

next character eats a dirt nap/gets comboed and character dies

if theres is one more character, shes still dangerous lol
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#13ProzacStylingsPosted 11/30/2012 3:43:26 PM
Pat33able posted...

Never been a fan of uploading vids

Or writing specific, informative things in text boxes

Kappa Kappa Kappa

On topic, X-23 needs meter-building. Dirt nap is too gdlk.

Dante is great for her. Outstanding meter-building resets, outstanding mixup assist, good air-control assist, which she has trouble with.dirtnap-lock assist, which is less necessary than people think but still good to have, etc.

Doom Missiles is also outstanding. Air control, combo extending, TAC into mega-meter, etc.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#14ProzacStylingsPosted 11/30/2012 3:45:18 PM
ANARCHYRULZ posted...

hits a character and builds more meter/kills them and might use a bar or might not

X-23 anchor is great against noobs, but she'll never catch a decent player hanging out at superjump height.

Someone mentioned X/Dante/Task was an anchorless team, though, and that's nonsense. Dante does well as an anchor.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#15Chat NoirPosted 11/30/2012 4:04:30 PM
ProzacStylings posted...
ANARCHYRULZ posted...

X-23 anchor is great against noobs, but she'll never catch a decent player hanging out at superjump height.

Someone mentioned X/Dante/Task was an anchorless team, though, and that's nonsense. Dante does well as an anchor.

Yeah, except when he doesn't.
#16ProzacStylingsPosted 11/30/2012 5:46:17 PM
Chat Noir posted...
ProzacStylings posted...
ANARCHYRULZ posted...

Yeah, except when he doesn't.

Yeah, but no.

If your Dante doesn't do well as an Anchor, it's because your Dante is bad.

Vortex is impossible to deal with in XF3, Thunder does massive, un-pushable chip, Jam Session is a self-looping full screen anti air, he can combo fully off his air throws into ToDs, his combos build massive meter for him to spam DT after XF3 runs out, etc.

Dante is a good anchor. Not the best, and probably not top 10, but miles better than X-23/Task on anchor.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#17nantomasterPosted 11/30/2012 7:10:14 PM(edited)
n0s2004 posted...
Whoa Nantomaster from the SF boards! Last person I expected to see here. Any pro players to look out for? I think Tatsu was the only one I recall playing Laura.

Yo!

To be honest, there's not much X-23 play in general anymore. You've got Tatsu, Traumatisch and a few other players but their vids aren't common.
---
PSN: Otogi-Matsuri. MVC3: X-23/Dante/Trish SSF4: Viper/Cammy/Sakura/Juri/Oni
http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
#18lol_whatPosted 11/30/2012 8:09:58 PM
try wolverine/frank/wesker, it works out really well
#19n0s2004(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:19:04 AM
Hearing all this synergy between Dante & X-23, but that would require me to play Dante on point. Or start X23 & get her out when she's low on health & then work as an assist. I think I'll try Dante/X23/Task or X23/Dante/Sent.
---
PSN: SSJ_Hasham
XBL: Darth Hasham
#20Chat NoirPosted 12/1/2012 3:49:23 AM
ProzacStylings posted...

Yeah, but no.

If your Dante doesn't do well as an anchor, it's because your Dante is bad.

Vortex is impossible to deal with in XF3, Thunder does massive, un-pushable chip, Jam Session is a self-looping full screen anti air, he can combo fully off his air throws into ToDs, his combos build massive meter for him to spam DT after XF3 runs out, etc.

Dante is a good anchor. Not the best, and probably not top 10, but miles better than X-23/Task on anchor.

Let me rephrase myself.
Dante is not an amazing anchor for this team because Task and X23 need each other assists in addition to Jam Session to function well. Task or X23 backed with Session alone will have trouble doing damage consistently w/o using DHC or XF, and by using those, you just lower your chance of making comebacks.