Morridoom vs the two burning heads (plus missiles)

#1InuyazeiahPosted 12/2/2012 11:25:13 PM
When reading this, keep in mind that Im not very knowledgeable when it comes to this game. I feel that if there is anyone that can stop morridoom, it's ghost rider with hidden missiles. I know many doubt this, because Ghost rider is free to zoning, but the thing is that Ghost Rider has the perfect tools. Spam S with missiles is one of them, keeps morrigan in place and can easily hit doom before the missiles arrive. As we all know, Chris G is very good at both keep away and rushdown, but one thing that Ultimate has is that a character can not block while airdashing, which is what Chris G uses alot when trying to get in on opponents. Chris G is also very good at air grabbing, so attempting to air grab him while he's dashing is nearly impossible, but has anyone ever tried using his QCB M, which is untechable? That and the hidden missile might cause an OTG where the combo can be continued. Also, if morrigan is hit by the QCB M, during this time, Ghost rider can not be hit by the missiles until the animation ends. Super jumps? Prevented by missiles and Rider's jump H with it's reach. Morrigan can finally get closer? Heartless spire. If the Morrigan player uses soul fist to try to get, QCB M or Chain of rebuttal L or M. All this mentioned plus hidden missiles is deadly. The title says two burning heads, meaning Dormammu but we've already seen F. Champ use the dormammu method, maybe it can be improved on, or continuous ly used. Purification assist can help out for a rushdown morrigan as well. Spamming purification + missiles is deadly as well. Just my thoughts. Could be wrong about the whole thing, since maybe I might be missing something. Anywho, your thoughts?
#2GuyCarlPetersonPosted 12/2/2012 11:33:03 PM
I like Ghost Rider. He seems too easy to use though which makes me feel bad that he is who I am best with.

On topic though... He is just so helpless in certain situations. All it would take is that one second of daylight and he would be in trouble. He would probably be better off with Doom and then maybe Dantes Jam Session or Akumas electric spinning kicks to push the person back. Or maybe even Strider with Vraja to keep the enemy on the ground in front of him.
---
Ghost bigot and proud.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0g1BoL5hT7B
#3serpentaurusPosted 12/2/2012 11:35:58 PM
Morrigan vs GR = 7-3 matchup in morrigan favor
Morrigan vs Dorm = whoever has momentum gets an edge, 5-5
Morrigan vs Doom = can improve the matchup vs morridoom, on point = 6-4 in morrigan favor
---
Now playing: UMvC3
#4Patrick7286Posted 12/2/2012 11:40:50 PM
GR is free to all other zoning, especcially morridoom. Dorm with missles is a great counterpick, but if dorm goes down this team is done.
#5NoJobBobPosted 12/2/2012 11:45:18 PM
stop trying to throw out ratios like you have any idea what you are talking about. is there even competition in Zimbabwe or wherever it is you live
#6DuuuDe14Posted 12/2/2012 11:48:21 PM
NoJobBob posted...
stop trying to throw out ratios like you have any idea what you are talking about. is there even competition in Zimbabwe or wherever it is you live

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm91/Django117/2r70zuv.png?t=1251040424
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of the UMvC3 board
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#7NoJobBobPosted 12/2/2012 11:51:48 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
NoJobBob posted...

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm91/Django117/2r70zuv.png?t=1251040424

its not trolling. who are these people to just randomly throw out numbers like "oh its an 8-2 matchup" with no facts to back it up?
#8serpentaurusPosted 12/2/2012 11:52:49 PM(edited)
NoJobBob posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrjMkeXGfGM
---
Now playing: UMvC3
#9K-dizzlePosted 12/3/2012 12:16:44 AM
Inuyazeiah posted...
When reading this, keep in mind that Im not very knowledgeable when it comes to this game. I feel that if there is anyone that can stop morridoom, it's ghost rider with hidden missiles. I know many doubt this, because Ghost rider is free to zoning, but the thing is that Ghost Rider has the perfect tools. Spam S with missiles is one of them, keeps morrigan in place and can easily hit doom before the missiles arrive. As we all know, Chris G is very good at both keep away and rushdown, but one thing that Ultimate has is that a character can not block while airdashing, which is what Chris G uses alot when trying to get in on opponents. Chris G is also very good at air grabbing, so attempting to air grab him while he's dashing is nearly impossible, but has anyone ever tried using his QCB M, which is untechable? That and the hidden missile might cause an OTG where the combo can be continued. Also, if morrigan is hit by the QCB M, during this time, Ghost rider can not be hit by the missiles until the animation ends. Super jumps? Prevented by missiles and Rider's jump H with it's reach. Morrigan can finally get closer? Heartless spire. If the Morrigan player uses soul fist to try to get, QCB M or Chain of rebuttal L or M. All this mentioned plus hidden missiles is deadly. The title says two burning heads, meaning Dormammu but we've already seen F. Champ use the dormammu method, maybe it can be improved on, or continuous ly used. Purification assist can help out for a rushdown morrigan as well. Spamming purification + missiles is deadly as well. Just my thoughts. Could be wrong about the whole thing, since maybe I might be missing something. Anywho, your thoughts?

if im not mistaken, morrigan players fly before they air dash. so should anything happen, she can cancel what she's doing into unfly, which i believe is 1 frame, and immediately block.

And in that case, bait out QCB M, which doesnt go into animation because it doesnt hit, and is forced to either block or eat the missiles upon recovery. Which gives morrigan enough time to approach and do a combo and grant her enough meter to start her bullet hell.

i think typically characters that have success dealing with morridoom are ones with high mobility. Something GR lacks in comparison to say, magneto, or a teleport character.

furthermore, if morrigan has already begun her assault, its usually best to stay clear of the soul fists and block or eat missiles at super jump height anyway, rather then being floored and forced to block everything. Which is what morridoom wants you to do, because that's more meter for them.

GR is too much at risk when he's on the ground in this case imo. And his chain doesnt reach as far if he high in the air. (like i said, its better to super jump and block a few missiles than to be where all the fire is at) Of course, accordingly, morrigan can jump and send soulfists your way if you become jump happy, but i think the same applies. be on the ground at that point..

I'm not saying that's the only way of dealing with bullet hell, but one way to theoretically "fight" it is by not being on the ground so much or where all the raw chip (or hit) is being dealt, so your opponent is granted with the least amount of meter gain, forcing them to rely on a different approach for the time being until they can get that 1 or 2 bars of meter again.

I'm not proficient in dealing with morridoom by any means, but that's just my 2 cents
#10OMEGA RUGALPosted 12/3/2012 1:50:52 AM
Patrick7286 posted...
GR is free to all other zoning, especcially morridoom. Dorm with missles is a great counterpick, but if dorm goes down this team is done.

That goes both ways ... Dorm can beat Morrigan and if Morrigan dies ... Doom on point will struggle big time against Dorm with Missiles.

The biggest difference in the Chris G/F Champ match up was Hawkeye. Hawkeye outzone both Doom and Dorm.

If Champ put Dorm against morrigan first ... he would have a better chance and even without the switch ... it was tied 9 to 9 at one point. Champ's team can still beat Chris G ... he just can't allow Hawkeye to be matched up against his Doom and Dorm ... he needs Magneto to be matched up against Hawkeye.

Chris G risked using Morrigan on point to beat Magneto ... then switched over to Hawkeye for Dorm and Doom ...
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
MW3 > MW2 > BO1 > B02