Why do people like when PW wins?

#31Herr_EdgeworthPosted 12/8/2012 2:11:20 PM
serpentaurus posted...
his gameplan is not just linear, its extremely non viable. Like seriously, there is a 80/20 chance ur character gets killed when in phase 1 from random stuff, and then a 90/10 chance somebody else gets killed with hardtags. And his 2nd and 3rd phases are not even worth the risk. I find the point Hsienko strategy of going hyper armor, then gong and hard tag more viable, more rewarding and less risky

I love defensive/zoning characters in videogames, and i find PW extremely boring.

And the argument goes back to the same thing: Let's pick the Top Tiers because they can do everything, but better. The only reason to not use a Top Tier is because you like your lower tier character.

And you obviously will find his gameplay to be boring if you haven't played the games. His whole character is based on references to the series.
---
Known by the KH Boards as Scaler24.
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Teams: http://www.tinyurl.com/zewram or http://www.tinyurl.com/dofrde
#32serpentaurusPosted 12/8/2012 3:07:09 PM
only like 4 characters are not viable at high level play. PW is one of those, so you dont need to pick "top tiers" to win, just dont pick those 4 chars
---
Now playing: UMvC3
#33dawnsetPosted 12/8/2012 3:12:13 PM
serpentaurus posted...
JMBoote posted...
They support the character because he's fun as hell to play as

lol

1. summons maya shield
2. picks evidence
3. change mode to another *** mode
4. repeat A+S for ever

yeah sounds fun

If that's wrights plan, amuse us and tell us what's thor's?
---
It is time to unleash the Wrightness
HG Friend code: 4211 6295 5027 Kagome. PSN: HeroFangGhetz
#34serpentaurusPosted 12/8/2012 3:14:48 PM
dawnset posted...

thor plan is getting a hitconfirm and kill, then destroy your next two characters with 2xmixups+command grab guard breaks. In other words winning
---
#35dawnsetPosted 12/8/2012 3:20:45 PM
serpentaurus posted...
dawnset posted...

thor plan is getting a hitconfirm and kill, then destroy your next two characters with 2xmixups+command grab guard breaks. In other words winning

Hmm you forgot one for pw:

Land a objection and destroy your opponent, and repeat, unless your oppoent is not stupid lol
---
It is time to unleash the Wrightness
HG Friend code: 4211 6295 5027 Kagome. PSN: HeroFangGhetz
#36Tommy2GoGoPosted 12/8/2012 10:56:48 PM
serpentaurus posted...
JMBoote posted...
They support the character because he's fun as hell to play as

lol

1. summons maya shield
2. picks evidence
3. change mode to another *** mode
4. repeat A+S for ever

yeah sounds fun

As much as I hate to admit.
A majority of PW players do just that.

Teleporters can easily get in to wright because of this reason alone.
I'll admit, I myself tend to do this at times.

I switch it around though.
If I keep getting bad evidence, I just stop getting evidence all together and go to the offense. It's surprising how many people tend to fall for that.
#37PoltergustPosted 12/9/2012 3:15:45 AM
l3lue0ni posted...
Twenty real seconds of turtling and finding evidence isn't significant to you? Also, your assists may be the one taking the damage, but that depends on the the player's discretion. But your assist attacking while you aren't seems like it would lead to more assist punishes than both you and your assist attacking in tandem.

Why are you assuming that turtling is all he's gonna do? He's gonna be watching what the opponent is doing and react accordingly. You don't just gather evidence willy-nilly. You get it at times where you know you won't be punished for it, and even then it would take an very low amount of time as long as you're playing smart. Notice how I'm saying that 20 seconds is usually the maximum amount of time it takes to gather 3 pieces, and that's only when your luck is bad.

Also, Maya's shield is usually more than enough to cover assists as long as Wright himself is also free to act. You basically have two characters covering one assist.

serpentaurus posted...
his gameplan is not just linear, its extremely non viable. Like seriously, there is a 80/20 chance ur character gets killed when in phase 1 from random stuff, and then a 90/10 chance somebody else gets killed with hardtags. And his 2nd and 3rd phases are not even worth the risk. I find the point Hsienko strategy of going hyper armor, then gong and hard tag more viable, more rewarding and less risky

I love defensive/zoning characters in videogames, and i find PW extremely boring.

Come on, those numbers are extremely exaggerated and you know it. Getting evidence with Wright is the easy part. Even if you don't get to Turnabout Mode, you should almost always get three pieces of good evidence in every match. Even Chris G, who really doesn't know how to play Wright, often gets three good pieces before dying.

Also, stop assuming that unsafe hard tags are the only way Wright can switch in characters. When it comes to hard tags alone, Wright has like 3 different ways where he can safely tag out to another character (Cell Phone, Maya's shield, Steel Samurai Maya Smelting, all of which are far better options than the gong). This is of course not including DHCs, which are another way to safely tag out. If you're gonna be hard tagging with Wright, you better be sure to use one of the great options he has to cover them.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#38LordRattergunPosted 12/9/2012 4:41:13 AM
Why do people take serp seriously? He literally plays Thor, who is worse than Wright.

Yes, I said it. Thor is just so garbage that it's difficult to comprehend how ****ing useless he is. He'd be rock bottom if Hsien-Ko and a few others like She Hulk and Shuma didn't exist.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#39JinkininkiPosted 12/9/2012 8:10:50 AM
But I don't.

I love it when I see him getting his ass kicked into the ground.
#40serpentaurusPosted 12/9/2012 10:47:08 AM
LordRattergun posted...
Why do people take serp seriously? He literally plays Thor, who is worse than Wright.

Yes, I said it. Thor is just so garbage that it's difficult to comprehend how ****ing useless he is. He'd be rock bottom if Hsien-Ko and a few others like She Hulk and Shuma didn't exist.

GR > HK > PW > Thor
---