Using Wesker's L Command Grab midscreen?

#1ExSoldierCl0udPosted 12/8/2012 11:50:58 AM
Should I be doing it midscreen at all? I can't seem to combo off it, is there some sort of trick?
---
Official Golduck of Pokemon Black/White.|Official Black Widow of Marvel vs. Capcom 3.|Official Blackwings of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Over the Nexus.
#2PoltergustPosted 12/8/2012 11:58:06 AM
You should always be using his L command grab. You can follow up with a dash -> c.M.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#3DoctorTitorPosted 12/8/2012 10:45:48 PM
YOU ARE BEATEN

dash

HOO HAHA HNNNG
HA OUT OF MY HAHAHA MORTALS ARE SO YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME
---
The Official Mascot of the UMVC3 PS3 Boards
Jill / Viewtiful Joe / Doctor Strange
#4KingandqueensPosted 12/8/2012 10:52:07 PM
Always use the L command grab, unless you are definitely going to kill with the other grabs.
When you pull off the grab, just dash as soon as possible and use s.L -> whatever.
---
Want to body me in UMVC3? PSN: rad_russian
http://tinyurl.com/7ksbmk2 - http://tinyurl.com/buofm5m
#5Phara0hManPosted 12/9/2012 6:04:10 AM
You can dash out of the command grab a lot sooner than it looks; basically the moment you see the impact flash, be dashing.

I usually follow up with dash -> s.M, s.H xx Ghost Butterfly, dash -> c.M, c.H, S, air MMHS, land, call Vajra + OTG to mixup. Damage and hit stun scaling off the grab are too high to make ending with Max Wesker worth the bar you earn.
---
NP: Skyrim, Dishonored, Civ 5, UMvC3
UMvC3: Hawkeye/ Iron Man/ Akuma
#6Old_SodPosted 12/9/2012 6:30:28 AM
Follow up the command grab with cr. M...it does more damage than s. M.

Def. don't follow it up with s. L like one person said. Everytime I see someone who does that (unless they are using Phoenix) I die a little bit inside.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#7chidori411Posted 12/9/2012 7:03:21 AM
when u follow up the command grab do you need to buffer the manual dash mid animation (-> ->) or can u use two atk buttons (my preffered method of dashing)
---
GT: Pwnergod411
Psn: Pwnergod