So trying to learn how to grapple reset with Dante...

#1MedicalGamerPosted 12/8/2012 11:30:27 PM(edited)
Prozac wasnt joking. That tech is obnoxious to do. I thinki have been at this for the pat hour or so. If I do it too slow, Dante will just jump. But if I do it too fast, the input leniency makes it into a SRK motion instead.

But I honestly feel like this is a piece of Dante tech that's just important not to do. After all, o think Dante is more build got resets and the like. I only got it ONCE so this is saying something.

Though if I can get this down...Dante and Ammy will so be ready.
---
Specialty:Diagnostics
The official calm guy of every board. UMVC3:Dante/Wright/Ammy P4A:Yosuke,Aigis TTT2:Asuka/Dragunov
#2TEHMAHZ_Posted 12/8/2012 11:41:33 PM
I assume you are going from Stinger to Grapple?

If so, make sure you go to neutral between the stinger and the qcf for hysteric, the timing for hysteric isn't hugely important due to the large amount of time you have to cancel into grapple. I like to tap forward for the stinger if I'm going for a grapple.
---
I'm on my period.
#3ZekiraPosted 12/9/2012 5:34:19 AM(edited)
I'm in the same position right now, but I don't have time to practice it because life is a dick right now.

I feel like this is one of the things that is preventing my Dante from becoming any better; much like my phases when learning Felicia, my resets are becoming too linear and people are starting to figure them out (though I still catch a lot of people off guard with the corner acid rain reset). I'm trying to improvise and put some of my Felicia-type resets alongside with Wesker-type resets using Vajra to add more reset options for Dante since resets are my most favorite technique in fighting games, and Dante seems to be really strong with it.

Inputting the BC Grapple reset is indeed a jerk, as there's like 4 different timings you have to all think about simultaneously:
1.) The wait for the correct height of the wall bounce
2.) The input of QCF
3.) The input of the A+S in the middle of QCF
4.) The input of H-H after the QCF
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#4ZekiraPosted 12/9/2012 5:36:07 AM
TEHMAHZ_ posted...
I assume you are going from Stinger to Grapple?

If so, make sure you go to neutral between the stinger and the qcf for hysteric, the timing for hysteric isn't hugely important due to the large amount of time you have to cancel into grapple. I like to tap forward for the stinger if I'm going for a grapple.

I always wait after the Stinger for a while, which ends up with me going neutral anyway

However that's actually where the problem lies; because of the wait, you have no leeway to input BC QCF Grapple in the same leeway you have in BCing Volcano (since you can use the Stinger1's duration in the combo to input BM and Volcano quickly)
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#5ProzacStylingsPosted 12/9/2012 3:22:02 PM
What Zekira said is, IMO, the correct way to do it.

I can do it very reliably(I mess up maybe ~10% of the time. The followup is harder, for me.)

If you try to do it like a normal BC, you'll get Jam Session too often, IMO.

A good test is this:

If you can do ( sH(wiff) xx BC Hysteric ), without leaving the ground, you can set up solo grapples.

Take your time with the cold shower -> stinger, wait as long as you like, and then do a fluid ( 2 -> 3 + S + Attack -> 6H ). Should feel like a roll/plink from the BC buttons to H.

Alternatively, you can just combo into Revolver, solo(BC volcano xx Jump Canceled Revolver) or with an assist, and then do an immediate grapple.

Once you get that down, it's a matter of being able to hit the opponent with an air normal before they can jump. A well timed crossup jH(jM on small characters) -> cL works 90% of the time on noobs, or great players who haven't seen you do it. You have to mix it up with better followups eventually on good players, though.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#6ZekiraPosted 12/9/2012 5:04:28 PM
....oh god but I use H to perform S+A motions D:
---
#7ProzacStylingsPosted 12/9/2012 5:11:22 PM
Zekira posted...
....oh god but I use H to perform S+A motions D:

Well, you may have to change that for BC Grapple.

Kappa.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#8KNITEMAREXPosted 12/9/2012 5:24:16 PM
I find Revolver > Grapple harder than Stinger xx BC Grapple. Once I learned the delay on the timing of the second H I just never had trouble with it
---
http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/knitemare-x
#9ProzacStylingsPosted 12/9/2012 5:45:42 PM
KNITEMAREX posted...
I find Revolver > Grapple harder than Stinger xx BC Grapple. Once I learned the delay on the timing of the second H I just never had trouble with it

Wut?

Revolver -> grapple is braindead if you set it up right, though(if the revolver juggles them high in the air.)

But, I mean, once you get the raw BC Hysteric motion down, everything else is easy. The 10% of the time I mess up it's usually 'cause I fat-fingered something, etc.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#10ZekiraPosted 12/9/2012 5:58:04 PM
Wait doesn't revolver need that you don't use your ground bounce?
---