What if Capcom made Zeros Lightning Loops useless.

#1UmbraGreenPosted 1/3/2013 1:09:03 PM
Discuss what you think would happen to the game without Zeros lightning loops.
#2MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/3/2013 1:09:51 PM
I'd have to find a new career ;_; Kappa
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#3koga_wolf_demonPosted 1/3/2013 1:18:14 PM
At least we still got dive loops

And Buster Cancels
---
Official Zero of the UMvC3 boards. PSN: ichikoga
UMvC3: Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye, Felicia/Dante/Ammy P4A: Akihiko/Narukami
#4Bigezzay08Posted 1/3/2013 1:18:32 PM
He would still have good damage output and almost nothing would change.
---
GT: I AM ONSLAUGHT
#5UmbraGreen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:20:29 PM
Bigezzay08 posted...

No, his matches would be much more entertaining LOL

Watching his matches now is like

"Oh cool Zero I wonder what he's gonna d-
Oh.
Lightning Loops.
Alright."

It's just like ChrisG's MorriDoom, it's good, but it isn't fun to watch, and kinda just drains the entertainment of the game.
#6SlydeSlymPosted 1/3/2013 1:21:38 PM
Zero May Cry can do over 1 million starting from 0 meter using just a rekkoha. It's not like he's hurting for damage.

IIRC Zero/Doom/Dante can kill Thor with just 2 meters for a net of about -0.25 meters. Zero/Skrull/Dante can kill She-Hulk, don't know if they can get Thor though.

Or you could play him as a reset character like the Zero/Phoenix legion used to do (PZ Poy, Flocker and all their clones).
#7SlydeSlymPosted 1/3/2013 1:24:12 PM
UmbraGreen posted...
Bigezzay08 posted...

Oh.
Lightning Loops.
Alright."

It's just like ChrisG's MorriDoom, it's good, but it isn't fun to watch, and kinda just drains the entertainment of the game.

No people would just find the easiest and most efficient way to kill you for low meters and do that exclusively. It's like you don't know how games break down over time.
#8UmbraGreen(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 1:28:02 PM
SlydeSlym posted...
UmbraGreen posted...
Bigezzay08 posted...

Oh.
Lightning Loops.
Alright."

No people would just find the easiest and most efficient way to kill you for low meters and do that exclusively. It's like you don't know how games break down over time.

I guess. But still.
Try watching a match of a Zero that just does Lightning Loops. It just feels like a waste of entertainment after seeing like your how many'th Lightning Loop.

I know they'd find a way to re-break Zero if they removed Lightning Loops, but I can only hope it's a way that's entertaining to watch, I.E. Weskers combos, Wolverines combos, so on so forth.

What if Capcom actually tried balancing MvC is a better question.
#9SlydeSlymPosted 1/3/2013 1:32:43 PM
^
This game is really well balanced. 25 characters have won majors. You can't do much better than that in Marvel. This is the best balanced Marvel game ever.
#10MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/3/2013 1:36:45 PM
off of random hit confirms, yes lightning loops are useful.

ZMC may be able to do 1.x mil off of a good hitconfirm like Cr. M but off of a random lightning hit or something I don't think you can reach quite that high. Yes it would change the character. >_>
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel