What if Capcom made Zeros Lightning Loops useless.

#11SlydeSlymPosted 1/3/2013 2:39:30 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
off of random hit confirms, yes lightning loops are useful.

ZMC may be able to do 1.x mil off of a good hitconfirm like Cr. M but off of a random lightning hit or something I don't think you can reach quite that high. Yes it would change the character. >_>

You can get to 920 off of a random buster into lightning. One air combo, then the Vergil extension then the Dante extension into dive rekkoha. It's plenty of damage. Pretty sure if you do Zero/Doom/Dante you can get right to the edge of 1.1 million. Too lazy to break out training mode and test but it's not like Zero would go to Wesker levels of not being able to do enough damage.
#12Nintendo guyPosted 1/3/2013 2:45:37 PM(edited)
UmbraGreen posted...
No, his matches would be much more entertaining LOL

Watching his matches now is like

"Oh cool Zero I wonder what he's gonna d-
Oh.
Lightning Loops.
Alright."

It's just like ChrisG's MorriDoom, it's good, but it isn't fun to watch, and kinda just drains the entertainment of the game.

You say this as if every single match ever isn't just both players attempting to get a hit confirm and then doing the most optimized combos.

The whole game is that. I actually find Chris G's team to be a breath of fresh air since it's one of the few matchups where you're watching someone do the same long-ass combos you've seen thousands of times for considerably less of the match.

Not bashing the game for it, but to say that any one team's combos are more boring than another's doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Watching combos in general is pretty dull once you've seen them all.
#13MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/3/2013 2:42:25 PM
SlydeSlym posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
off of random hit confirms, yes lightning loops are useful.

ZMC may be able to do 1.x mil off of a good hitconfirm like Cr. M but off of a random lightning hit or something I don't think you can reach quite that high. Yes it would change the character. >_>

You can get to 920 off of a random buster into lightning. One air combo, then the Vergil extension then the Dante extension into dive rekkoha. It's plenty of damage. Pretty sure if you do Zero/Doom/Dante you can get right to the edge of 1.1 million. Too lazy to break out training mode and test but it's not like Zero would go to Wesker levels of not being able to do enough damage.

Well obviously not.. But his loops are a definitive part of Zero for a reason. My team can't get to 1.1 Million without loops, and ESPECIALLY not off of a stray hit.. Sometimes my combo only does like 400k before I start the loop up, depending on what I hitconfirm from.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#14SlydeSlymPosted 1/3/2013 2:45:42 PM
Well that's the thing that would change, you'd have to actually put Zero on damage specific teams and keep Dante close to him like in vanilla.

As it is you can put Zero up front on basically any team and be sure you'll get a kill off any hit because of loop.
#15KNITEMAREXPosted 1/3/2013 3:36:26 PM
His game would be more reset based since he'd lose the ability to kill off stray hits. That being said he has some of the better reset options in the game, and I'm sure a lot of undiscovered stuff that'll stay undiscovered because he can kill off any hit anyway
#16Holy_Cloud105Posted 1/3/2013 4:00:38 PM
It's just like ChrisG's MorriDoom, it's good, but it isn't fun to watch, and kinda just drains the entertainment of the game.

Speak for yourself. I love watching Chris G's Morridoom. Besides, every team does the same exact combos every single time.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens, lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"