#141alphame4Posted 1/13/2013 3:34:55 PM
Is there an archive up? Looked but I just found smash related vids
---
i5 2500k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus P8P67 Pro | 4Gb EVGA 670 SLI | 16GB Ripjaws 1600 Mhz
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow
#142superbot400Posted 1/13/2013 3:55:49 PM
alphame4 posted...
Is there an archive up? Looked but I just found smash related vids

It's going to be 80%Smash and 20% Marvel/AE. The Finals are in 8wayrun, but it's going to clustered with smash.
---
http://spinsulin.freeforums.org/the-fantastic-four-respect-thread-t4436.html, my huge ass respect thread. You won't see it.
#143DarkKirby2500Posted 1/13/2013 5:03:16 PM
Why do people talk as if Morrigan should have some kind of unfightable hard counter that beats her almost regardless of skill as long as that character is in the match for her to be fair, but they don't have that requirement for high and top tier rushdown characters. There is some serious double standard going on here.

It wasn't even as if ChrisG 3-0ed Champ, it was 3-2.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#144Nocturnal15Posted 1/13/2013 5:10:59 PM
People are also forgetting how awful the decisions were in this tournament. Marlinpie will stick with the same team composition to his dying days, Yipes decided to stick to a wesker based team, FChamp seems to have ditched his Mag/Dorm/Doom altogether since seasons beatings, etc etc. Chris G seems to be the only one making decisions to strengthen his team while everyone else is stubborn.
#145ih0tfireiPosted 1/13/2013 5:52:04 PM
Archangel2385 posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
Archangel2385 posted...
And to think people will probably STILL think Dorm is any sort of counter to Morrigan . . .

Without significant momentum (i.e. a Stalking Flare already on the screen), Dorm is just screwed.

You do know Phoenix was on champs team right?

Your point?

This is Morrigan we're talking about; she has like 3 or 4 different ways to prevent Dark Phoenix from rising. It is IMPERATIVE for a Phoenix player to kill a character like that at all costs if relying on Dark Phoenix is the game plan.

Sacrificing one meter to at least attempt to shift momentum is a helluva lot better than pointlessly hoarding all one's meters, especially when it's clear a Phoenix team can be chipped out before the player has a chance to hit 5 meters.

You don't get my argument. Champ handicapped himself by using Phoenix AND starting dorm.

This pretty much guaranteed that he wasnt gonna use meter...the thing Chris G would have to respect when calling missiles.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#146SkyrazerPosted 1/13/2013 5:58:43 PM
Why Champ continues to use Phoenix is beyond me. And then against ChrisG and his highly anti-Phoenix team of all things leaves me smh. I was suprised he was able to take 2 wins.
---
Life - A sexually transmitted disease that always results in death.
#147abcdWazzaHefghijklmnPosted 1/13/2013 6:09:56 PM(edited)
If you mean use Phoenix in general, then it's obvious: Champ has the best Jean and Dark Phoenix. People have a tough time getting to DP, let alone Jean, let alone usual Dorm, Doom, or Mags. She's still an incredible character.

But if you mean using her against Morrigan, then yeah. Bad decision. He's handicapping himself overall...out of pure luck/skill he beat out Dieminion and lolRosa. I would have preferred Dorm/Mag/Doom with beam and rocks/missiles backing him up.

Also would have triiiiiied to XF Morrigan. He looked intent on saving meter and XF and relied solely on the bird, which is actually uncharacteristic for him as a Phoenix player.

I think he got spooked a bit, or maybe tired after back to back to (almost) back Morrigans.
#148SadCubsFanPosted 1/13/2013 6:11:03 PM
I dont understand why champ played jean. Dorm is only good vs morrigan with meter, and morrigan is a hard counter to phoenix
#149abcdWazzaHefghijklmnPosted 1/13/2013 6:11:35 PM
Unless of course this is all a front/option select where Champ practices on Morrigan without some real tech to save it for the real tournaments, aka SCR.

lulz

ps. the stream was ass
#150SpotlessedenPosted 1/13/2013 7:27:49 PM(edited)
abcdWazzaHefghijklmn posted...
Unless of course this is all a front/option select where Champ practices on Morrigan without some real tech to save it for the real tournaments, aka SCR.

lulz

ps. the stream was ass

SCR is not going to be that big this year. probably just little bit more money than this tournament and no free trip to Video X Games