The Crappy Player Thread, Ver. 4

#111catkiller904Posted 1/22/2013 6:11:21 PM
I dunno. I should actually research Viper.

But, I'd say your options are: do it early/use an assist/have XF active/use EX Burn Kick
---
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://oi47.tinypic.com/xpd6x2.jpg
#112zombie13579Posted 1/22/2013 6:15:33 PM
catkiller904 posted...
I dunno. I should actually research Viper.

But, I'd say your options are: do it early/use an assist/have XF active/use EX Burn Kick

I've just been looking at some combo vids for basic ideas and I saw that. I wanna use an assist but not one that scales to hard.

Since I might use strider, my ender would be:

Strider assist, seismic hammer L, TK thunder knuckle H, seismic Hammer L, QCB 2AtK
---
PSN: zombie13579 and NsB-Z0MB1E
Playing: UMvC3, LBP series, League of Legends, L4D2
#113zombie13579Posted 1/22/2013 6:43:02 PM
I was watchin some more bnb vids and combo vids for viper,

Most used the meter for burning kick for the relaunch
The meterless used some type of beam assist to hold them up longer like dooms beam for example, so I guess IM can work too in your case if you choose too.

Another thing, to maximize damage, gotta learn them staircases or at least special cancel motions like thunder knuckle H, cancel, jump up etc etc.

I can't go on to practice but I'm gonna try to make a team as soon as I can.
---
PSN: zombie13579 and NsB-Z0MB1E
Playing: UMvC3, LBP series, League of Legends, L4D2
#114DreamSword(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:03:29 AM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
I do suck!

Very well, then you shall forever be categorized in LANDMINE! Tier.

@Everyone: My college semester has officially started, and thus my playtimes will limited a bit. I'll still try to hop on everyday to do a set or two, though.
---
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
UMvC3 Dream Team: http://i.imgur.com/9tgWm.jpg
#115KajinNinjaPosted 1/23/2013 1:09:14 PM
DreamSword posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
I do suck!

Very well, then you shall forever be categorized in LANDMINE! Tier.

@Everyone: My college semester has officially started, and thus my playtimes will limited a bit. I'll still try to hop on everyday to do a set or two, though.

Being a full time student sucks... thats why I coudnt play during the winter break or new year. The scheduale is going to get even worse now considering full work load this incoming semester xp. Ill keep my ear to the ground though for the thread though, and training mode will be my friend to prevent dat rust..
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <ViewtifulJoe/Assist/Anchor>
#116Neowulf13Posted 1/23/2013 6:21:02 PM
Hi guys, sorry I wasn't able to play anyone in the thread yet. Life has been keeping me pretty busy, haha.

Anyways, I was able to hop on training mode for about an hour today. I was messing around, trying to make a sub team, and I ended up using someone I didn't think I would: Wesker.
I ended up putting Spencer and Sentinel with him as well. Spencer's Slant Shot assist helps Wesker's combo game so much, and Drones assist benefits both Spencer and Wesker.

The way I play Wesker is definitely different though. I went to Arcade to test the team, and I found myself using his command grab a lot. Just feels so satisfying to land one, especially the H version.

Even made some fun tech/combos with the Wesker/Spencer duo. Still trying to refine them though.

But here's the problem: My Spencer and Sentinel are pretty bad. I used Spencer a bit in Vanilla, but never used him seriously. And I never really touched Sentinel. Anyone got any tips for Spencer or Sentinel? I could especially use Spencer combos.
---
UMvC3: Team "Red Zone" : Joe/Hawkeye/Doom
^_^
#117WiNdDeMoN150Posted 1/23/2013 6:47:35 PM
Neowulf13 posted...
Hi guys, sorry I wasn't able to play anyone in the thread yet. Life has been keeping me pretty busy, haha.

Anyways, I was able to hop on training mode for about an hour today. I was messing around, trying to make a sub team, and I ended up using someone I didn't think I would: Wesker.
I ended up putting Spencer and Sentinel with him as well. Spencer's Slant Shot assist helps Wesker's combo game so much, and Drones assist benefits both Spencer and Wesker.

The way I play Wesker is definitely different though. I went to Arcade to test the team, and I found myself using his command grab a lot. Just feels so satisfying to land one, especially the H version.

Even made some fun tech/combos with the Wesker/Spencer duo. Still trying to refine them though.

But here's the problem: My Spencer and Sentinel are pretty bad. I used Spencer a bit in Vanilla, but never used him seriously. And I never really touched Sentinel. Anyone got any tips for Spencer or Sentinel? I could especially use Spencer combos.

I dabbled in Spencer a little bit. My favorite BnB is c.LMH - grapple up/forward - j.M - j.MH - grapple down/forward - j.S - j.MH - grapple down/forward - j.S - j.MHS - grapple down forward - s.S - j.MMHS - jump grapple OTG to wall bounce - then finish however depending of screen position
---
The official Ghost Rider of the UMvC3 board by default.
The darkness in your soul disgusts me.
#118DreamSword(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 6:51:20 PM
GGs to Jamel! I saw what you were trying to do with your assists, and well, I'd advise against it. Hawkeye's' AA assist is really only used in very select combos, and I'm not sure that IF or Skrull can really capitalize off of it. Since you have Greyhound, perhaps Iron Fist can get a combo extension off of Stone Smite? Tets it in the lab.

I also found you these two videos that should help with your combos(ignore the Frank stuff obviously).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5RAzil2iuA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3De90efvus

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neowulf13 posted...

Wesker's' command grab is a great tool that I really need to learn how to use more often. I've seen the L version used the most, you you might wanna learn how to combo off of that one. It's just Dash > cr.MH if I recall right.

As for Spencer and Sent, well, ask Joe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as a random side note, I recently learned how to convert off of front throws with Doom! The timing is still a little tricky for me, but it's pretty simple really.
---
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
UMvC3 Dream Team: http://i.imgur.com/9tgWm.jpg
#119catkiller904Posted 1/23/2013 7:01:24 PM
Neowulf13 posted...

More specific questions would help.

Spencer combos depend on assists, but in general, zip loop is what you want. Youtube it. I think Wind got the notations right. Also, IIRC, it doesn't work on Sentinel, so make sure you remember that. There's some stuff I just posted here too: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/65263164
---
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://oi47.tinypic.com/xpd6x2.jpg
#120CrossDragonPosted 1/23/2013 7:06:36 PM
Slowly getting back into the hang of things in Marvel. A few more weeks and I should be back if not stronger. I have stopped using Zero, but my Magneto is so hurp right now.
---
"I am not a troll I am asking a simple question" - Earth_Feraligat