The Crappy Player Thread, Ver. 4

#441DreamSword(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:42:34 PM
Good partners for Frank include Nova, Dante, Spider-Man, Skrull, Deadpool, Tron, Wolverine, and Wesker, among others.
---
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
UMvC3 Dream Team: http://i.imgur.com/9tgWm.jpg
#442Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/23/2013 9:35:42 AM
bmtrip posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
bmtrip posted...
DreamSword posted...
No offense, but that team seems really disjointed. No one there can really level Frank to my knowledge, Nemesis isn't that great of an anchor, and Ryu doesn't really benefit from any of their assists. Would probably be best to have different teams or each one, if you really like all three characters.

I do have alot of trouble with them ESP if I play someone that knows what's up. With ylryu I can level Frank yo 3 and only need yo bars to do it. Nemisis is gnarley with a level 3 xf. I've fooled around with other chars but I lack the skill to actually do well with top tier. But if I get ahold of you with my team I can cause havoc. But there in lies my problem

I have to ask, are you willing to drop at least one of those characters for the sake of team synergy? And if so, who would you be willing to drop? I, and likely anyone else here would be more than happy to recommend some characters and how to make them work for your team.

Also, how do you feel about your execution, mainly, how are you at learning combos? possibly difficult ones. Chances are, any characters I'd recommend for your team are fairly easy to use, but I'd like to know my options in recommending characters.

I really only like Frank west he is by far my best char, I'm ok with ryu, and nemisis is there just because I know enough with him to be comfortable. I wouldn't say I'm good with my.executions and combos but if I can get whole of you with Frank I will bring the pain. I'd be William.g to toss anyone but frank

Ok, I suggest you drop Nemesis then, he's not very good, and if its just about ease of use, there are plenty of other characters that are easy to use and perform much better than Nemesis.

Since you want to keep Frank, what you need to do is find a point character that can level Frank to 4 so that you can get those paddlesaws.

Dreamsword suggested some characters for you. I suggest going with Nova and practicing him. Basically what you want to do is do a combo with Nova that ends in his "power of the nova force" hyper. You dhc into Frank before the hyper finishes into his tools of survival hyper (the one where he dashes at you and combos at you with his tools), if done right, the tools hyper should miss, but you'll recover quickly enough to take a snap shot before your opponent recovers, this should get you to level 4.

If you want to keep Ryu, just put him last, he's not a great anchor but he's better than Nemesis and shinku hadoken is great for punishing assists and Ryu does a lot of damage in xfactor if you can land a hit.

Your team would be Nova, Frank, Ryu.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#443bmtripPosted 3/23/2013 10:49:09 AM
DreamSword posted...
Good partners for Frank include Nova, Dante, Spider-Man, Skrull, Deadpool, Tron, Wolverine, and Wesker, among others.

im down with the skrull, i just dont seem to be able to hit an opening with him, if i can land a hit and have 2 supers i can power level frank to 4 or 5. nova is alot of fun as well, i get so far into one of his combos and i just lose where to go, nothing a little practice wont fix though. i spend most my time with frank and im am mediocre at best. damn tools of survival L is giving me alot of problems.
---
It's a fact im the seventh son.
PSN triptonious
#444bmtripPosted 3/23/2013 10:58:12 AM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
bmtrip posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
bmtrip posted...
DreamSword posted...
No offense, but that team seems really disjointed. No one there can really level Frank to my knowledge, Nemesis isn't that great of an anchor, and Ryu doesn't really benefit from any of their assists. Would probably be best to have different teams or each one, if you really like all three characters.

I do have alot of trouble with them ESP if I play someone that knows what's up. With ylryu I can level Frank yo 3 and only need yo bars to do it. Nemisis is gnarley with a level 3 xf. I've fooled around with other chars but I lack the skill to actually do well with top tier. But if I get ahold of you with my team I can cause havoc. But there in lies my problem

I have to ask, are you willing to drop at least one of those characters for the sake of team synergy? And if so, who would you be willing to drop? I, and likely anyone else here would be more than happy to recommend some characters and how to make them work for your team.

Also, how do you feel about your execution, mainly, how are you at learning combos? possibly difficult ones. Chances are, any characters I'd recommend for your team are fairly easy to use, but I'd like to know my options in recommending characters.

I really only like Frank west he is by far my best char, I'm ok with ryu, and nemisis is there just because I know enough with him to be comfortable. I wouldn't say I'm good with my.executions and combos but if I can get whole of you with Frank I will bring the pain. I'd be William.g to toss anyone but frank

Ok, I suggest you drop Nemesis then, he's not very good, and if its just about ease of use, there are plenty of other characters that are easy to use and perform much better than Nemesis.

Since you want to keep Frank, what you need to do is find a point character that can level Frank to 4 so that you can get those paddlesaws.

Dreamsword suggested some characters for you. I suggest going with Nova and practicing him. Basically what you want to do is do a combo with Nova that ends in his "power of the nova force" hyper. You dhc into Frank before the hyper finishes into his tools of survival hyper (the one where he dashes at you and combos at you with his tools), if done right, the tools hyper should miss, but you'll recover quickly enough to take a snap shot before your opponent recovers, this should get you to level 4.

If you want to keep Ryu, just put him last, he's not a great anchor but he's better than Nemesis and shinku hadoken is great for punishing assists and Ryu does a lot of damage in xfactor if you can land a hit.

Your team would be Nova, Frank, Ryu.

im not sure what an anchor is, i assume its the third char place. i wouldnt mind trying aurther or firebrand.
---
PSN triptonious
#445Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/23/2013 11:36:30 AM
Yeah sorry.

Yes, anchor is the third/last character.

I suggested Nova because he's easy to use, and you get decent damage even off of his simpler combos and he has good mobility so he gets around the screen pretty easily.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#446catkiller904Posted 3/23/2013 11:38:34 AM
Arthur is an okay anchor. Even if he is bad. If you want to use him, you could slap him on that team. Daggers is good. Are? Are good? One assist...is. Yeah.

Also Nova's crazy hard to use. For real. Ent can't use him. Pfft.
---
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://i.imgur.com/5o47Ew6.png
#447bmtripPosted 3/23/2013 11:44:52 AM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Yeah sorry.

Yes, anchor is the third/last character.

I suggested Nova because he's easy to use, and you get decent damage even off of his simpler combos and he has good mobility so he gets around the screen pretty easily.

yea skrull, west, nova. sounds brutal.
---
PSN triptonious
#448catkiller904Posted 3/23/2013 11:50:49 AM
Skrull is a better anchor. Nova's a better point. But bad assists. Only thing you've got is Cart. Good luck with that.
---
#449bmtripPosted 3/23/2013 11:52:19 AM
catkiller904 posted...
Arthur is an okay anchor. Even if he is bad. If you want to use him, you could slap him on that team. Daggers is good. Are? Are good? One assist...is. Yeah.

Also Nova's crazy hard to use. For real. Ent can't use him. Pfft.

yea if im playing arthur he will be bad, i do like is defensive style that you have to come to me kinda fighting,'

nova's timing is what gets me. im still learning how to time alot of executions. like frank west tosL m tosL m tosL m s, i can never seem to hit him with the s after that string of combos.
---
PSN triptonious
#450catkiller904Posted 3/23/2013 11:55:17 AM
What problem do you have with Nova? I was kidding when I said he was hard. He's very simple. The "hard" part with him is getting some good reset setups for your team to make him really shine.
---