The Crappy Player Thread, Ver. 4

#451bmtripPosted 3/23/2013 11:56:17 AM
catkiller904 posted...
Skrull is a better anchor. Nova's a better point. But bad assists. Only thing you've got is Cart. Good luck with that.

well i could use skrulls tenderizer after a certain string of combos to level frank to 4 or 5. not a bad assist. i could see that nova frank skrull. im not any good with the assist enless ive practice them in a combo other than that im not sure if you randomly fire them off or strategically place them to gain an upper hand.
---
It's a fact im the seventh son.
PSN triptonious
#452bmtripPosted 3/23/2013 12:08:50 PM
catkiller904 posted...
What problem do you have with Nova? I was kidding when I said he was hard. He's very simple. The "hard" part with him is getting some good reset setups for your team to make him really shine.

the problem im having i believe is timing. after i do a v<h mhs mmhs i miss the >h to ground bounce him back up sos i can knock him back up and super out of it.
---
PSN triptonious
#453Neowulf13Posted 3/23/2013 12:23:23 PM
bmtrip posted...
catkiller904 posted...
What problem do you have with Nova? I was kidding when I said he was hard. He's very simple. The "hard" part with him is getting some good reset setups for your team to make him really shine.

the problem im having i believe is timing. after i do a v<h mhs mmhs i miss the >h to ground bounce him back up sos i can knock him back up and super out of it.

cr.LMHS, j.MMH, Fly, j.LMHS, 6H, S, j.H, Nova Force DHC whiffed Survival Tactics, Snapshot

Something like that. The fly/unfly in the middle should put the opponent at the right height for the 6H ground bounce.
---
Playing: UMvC3, Ni no Kuni, AirMech, others.
:3
#454catkiller904Posted 3/23/2013 12:30:08 PM
bmtrip posted...
catkiller904 posted...
Skrull is a better anchor. Nova's a better point. But bad assists. Only thing you've got is Cart. Good luck with that.

well i could use skrulls tenderizer after a certain string of combos to level frank to 4 or 5. not a bad assist. i could see that nova frank skrull. im not any good with the assist enless ive practice them in a combo other than that im not sure if you randomly fire them off or strategically place them to gain an upper hand.

No, assist calls should not be random. They should be called with specific purpose. And yes, Tenderizer helps you level, but it's not a good neutral assist. That's what I meant. It's not a bad team, I mean. There's lots of stuff you can do, and if all else fails, you have a powerful XF3 user rounding out the team.

bmtrip posted...
catkiller904 posted...

Your notation is weird. I don't know what v<h is supposed to be, but it doesn't matter. The reason your 6H isn't connecting is because you're 1) too slow (you can mash it out, no issue with it here) or 2) not properly connecting with his j.S to bring them down. Fix the latter by delaying your superjump, or by doing something like j.MMH > fly > j.LMHS to pop them up higher. Better yet, do both, and take the j.L out of it. You want j.S to hit 3 times.
---
TP~We do it for the lulz R.I.P J.R.M
Number of cats killed: 9000+ | http://i.imgur.com/5o47Ew6.png
#455bmtripPosted 3/23/2013 12:47:58 PM
Neowulf13 posted...
bmtrip posted...
catkiller904 posted...

cr.LMHS, j.MMH, Fly, j.LMHS, 6H, S, j.H, Nova Force DHC whiffed Survival Tactics, Snapshot

Something like that. The fly/unfly in the middle should put the opponent at the right height for the 6H ground bounce.

if i can figure this out. which i will. could bring skrull in right before the snap shot, "tenderizer and snap shot twice" get to a more comfortable level.
---
PSN triptonious
#456Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/23/2013 12:48:11 PM
catkiller904 posted...
Arthur is an okay anchor. Even if he is bad. If you want to use him, you could slap him on that team. Daggers is good. Are? Are good? One assist...is. Yeah.

Also Nova's crazy hard to use. For real. Ent can't use him. Pfft.

Nova is so easy even I can use him!

And Nova is a beastly anchor, his speed gets stupid good, he can go anywhere on the screen he wants, and his damage gets stupid good too.

But it's a Frank team so you need Nova (or whoever you use to level Frank) on point.

He can try Arthur on anchor, I mean, he's got the xf3 gold armor lance spam gimmick, and the best level 3 in the game, and daggers is a really good assist.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#457bmtripPosted 3/23/2013 1:19:55 PM
catkiller904 posted...
bmtrip posted...
catkiller904 posted...

No, assist calls should not be random. They should be called with specific purpose. And yes, Tenderizer helps you level, but it's not a good neutral assist. That's what I meant. It's not a bad team, I mean. There's lots of stuff you can do, and if all else fails, you have a powerful XF3 user rounding out the team.

bmtrip posted...
catkiller904 posted...

Your notation is weird. I don't know what v<h is supposed to be, but it doesn't matter. The reason your 6H isn't connecting is because you're 1) too slow (you can mash it out, no issue with it here) or 2) not properly connecting with his j.S to bring them down. Fix the latter by delaying your superjump, or by doing something like j.MMH > fly > j.LMHS to pop them up higher. Better yet, do both, and take the j.L out of it. You want j.S to hit 3 times.

im sorry this is the first fighter ive actually gotten into. im not sure how to type out movements and such so i improvised haha.
---
PSN triptonious
#458DreamSword(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 1:38:16 PM
When people use numbers in annotations, the numbers come from the number pad on your keyboard.

Anywho, GGs dude. You've got good movement, you just need a more solid team. Since you seem to know the basics of Vergil, just wanna letcha know that Vergil can level Frank up to 5 easy. Although if you wanna stick with the Ryu method, learn some more extensive Ryu combos, since Ryu can level Frank similar to Wolverine. I'd suggest a team of Ryu/Frank/Sentinel, or something akin to that.
---
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
UMvC3 Dream Team: http://i.imgur.com/9tgWm.jpg
#459DreamSword(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 1:40:23 PM
PSN:
Zacheart
zombie13579
TheVeldt
Scaler24
DanDx
TheRealKaji
PatronSa1nt
Thunder097
dilllikeg
BassVII
Toogaytofunction
CrossZX44
JoeBusta
TwistedSenseless
Entropy19
CrasHNBurN
patssi19
Jamel11207
Ramaalva
Jihad__Jack
SpandexWig
Ravensbaine
Crond1zzle
zslayer89
OrphanFromdabloc
Oreos74
Triptonious
Night_Ryder31

XBL:
Blak Th0ught
twistedsenses25
Vintage 3
Oceansouldog
---
Kelloggs vs Capcom: "There is no spoon."
UMvC3 Dream Team: http://i.imgur.com/9tgWm.jpg
#460Lord_Shadow_19Posted 3/23/2013 1:41:03 PM
DreamSword posted...
When people use numbers in annotations, the numbers come from the number pad on your keyboard.

Anywho, GGs dude. You've got good movement, you just need a more solid team. Since you seem to know the basics of Vergil, just wanna letcha know that Vergil can level Frank up to 5 easy. Although if you wanna stick with the Ryu method, learn some more extensive Ryu combos, since Ryu can level Frank similar to Wolverine. I'd suggest a team of Ryu/Frank/Sentinel, or something akin to that.

Oh, he uses Vergil? Well there you go, just stick Doom on the team somewhere and you got a team that can always win as long as the other person doesn't have Doom and Vergil lol.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19