A suggested Phoenix buff.

#31AWorldUnitedPosted 1/15/2013 3:07:31 AM
Ya'll are STILL salty about Phoenix after almost 2 years????? Hardly anyone picks here, anyone.

Be quiet.
#32KageNoSenshiPosted 1/15/2013 3:42:12 AM
Why not just stop playing her for DP, and use her built meter on healing field? She is extremely resistant to damage w/ that active. I'm pretty sure it more than doubles the amount of life she has.

If i had time i'd test how much damage you have to do to her to kill her w/ it active.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#33OMEGA RUGALPosted 1/15/2013 4:37:29 AM
Karsticles posted...
Apex made me sad, because it showed to be true what every Phoenix player already knows: she's goddamn easy to counter now. Between Spiral Swords, Ouroboros, Soul Drain, and TAC glitches, I laugh when I see people consistently let Dark Phoenix onto the field. As a Morrigan player, I've played Phoenix users in hundreds of matches, and maybe 20% of the time she gets to come out because I have so many Soul Drain set ups to make sure she dies once and never comes back.

So I suggest a new hyper for Phoenix:

Overload
0 Bars
Frames: 10 startup, 0 recovery, +15 on block, +40 on hit.
Input: rdp.AA
Deals 375,000 damage to Phoenix and creates an explosive sphere 25% larger than the one created by Dark Phoenix rises. Deals 200,000 damage to opponents caught in the blast and places them in a spinning knockdown.

In my mind, if you earned the 5 bars for Phoenix, your opponent should have to contend with that. It's one thing to have characters that have an easier time against Dark Phoenix, like Vergil and Strider, and it's another to have so many ways to prevent her from coming out at all that are built into the game engine. Ideally, TACs will be fixed in the future, but I still think this is a good idea that has a place in Phoenix's moveset.

Full disclosure: I am a Phoenix user.

YEa ... its so easy to counter ... that phoneix got second at Apex and was a HUGE HUGE part of Champ's Evo run as he MOSTLY used his Phoenix team and not his Dorm team to get to top 8.

YEa ... totally ... she needs a BUFF.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#34grandmaster192Posted 1/15/2013 5:26:28 AM
No.

Give her 750k health as regular Phoenix and keep her health 375k for Dark Phoenix. That would be better than giving her more derpy stuff. Let Phoenix players actually be Phoenix players and play the character. Maybe even build teams around her. No offence, but it sounds like you just want to take the easy way out with Phoenix. There's always Vanilla online if you want that.
#35Old_SodPosted 1/15/2013 5:57:24 AM
RagingRicans posted...
I wouldn't mind Zero having a self destruct move that did a decent amount of damage. That's a cool idea when Not attached to Dark phoenix lol

Edit: Give it to Sent I can imagine the lulz right now.

Yeah, and keep it where he glitches you on his death so you can't dash back across the screen to setup your incoming mixup.

(I hate that nonsense)
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#36MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/15/2013 7:02:43 AM
Old_Sod posted...
RagingRicans posted...
I wouldn't mind Zero having a self destruct move that did a decent amount of damage. That's a cool idea when Not attached to Dark phoenix lol

Yeah, and keep it where he glitches you on his death so you can't dash back across the screen to setup your incoming mixup.

(I hate that nonsense)

That is the most godlike thing in this game. I laugh so hard just thinking about it. SO STUPID.

And it occurs with the best point character in the game, rofl.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#37KageNoSenshiPosted 1/15/2013 7:36:37 AM
#34 grandmaster192 Posted 1/15/2013 7:26:28 AM
No.

Give her 750k health as regular Phoenix and keep her health 375k for Dark Phoenix. That would be better than giving her more derpy stuff. Let Phoenix players actually be Phoenix players and play the character. Maybe even build teams around her. No offence, but it sounds like you just want to take the easy way out with Phoenix. There's always Vanilla online if you want that.

If Phoenix had 750k health, healing field would be massively OP.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#38Old_SodPosted 1/15/2013 8:03:15 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Old_Sod posted...
RagingRicans posted...

(I hate that nonsense)

That is the most godlike thing in this game. I laugh so hard just thinking about it. SO STUPID.

And it occurs with the best point character in the game, rofl.

You know how when you KO someone, their corpse has to fall to the ground before you can walk over them? I can only imagine the developers didn't set his "corpsebox" to be where he explodes, but instead it fills the entire ******* screen.

I really don't understand how they let that one slip.

0_o
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#39Masta BlastaPosted 1/15/2013 9:01:02 AM(edited)
You have to keep in mind that these are still characters with personalities. Why would Phoenix want to turn into Dark Phoenix on purpose? Jean would rather die altogether than unleash DP.
---
Ay yo b. Lemme get a extra water.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7782/120339849739sn8.gif
#40DarkKirby2500Posted 1/15/2013 9:20:33 AM
RagingRicans posted...
Phoenix doesn't need any buffs. Get rid of DP all together and give her health. Top 5 Character right there.

For this reason alone she doesn't need any buffs. People constantly undermine how fantastic normal Phoenix actually is because she dies in 1 combo, but then again, there are a lot of characters with more health that still die in 1 combo, and Phoenix is still better then them.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>