Fchamp confirmed umvc3 update

#121jaganshi2Posted 1/15/2013 6:19:45 PM
Jinkininki posted...
I'm sorry, but Vergil and Zero DO need nerfs. I'm not saying make them low tier. Revert Zero back to the way he was in MVC3.

But i like doing the lightning stuff.

He doesn't need a nurf.
---
Be a part of Jaganshi-mania! Just text to 2334
#122ProzacStylingsPosted 1/15/2013 6:34:01 PM
Alom_o_mola posted...
I'd like RR to be buffed

more damage or more speed

More hitstun on just about all of his normals would make him competitively playable. I'd like to see cH xx Logtrap combo as an anti air, and jS stun until ground-roll from jump height.

He already has a good deal of speed, almost too much to consistently control at optimized offense, and giving him more damage would be reasonably difficult; short of dramatically upping his scaling/base damage values, anyway.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#123Archangel2385Posted 1/15/2013 6:36:19 PM
If HM were changed to disappear on hit, you'd render the assist practically useless, particularly given the lengthy startup it has before the missiles fall back down. Pretty much only Viper could always protect the assist to get missiles in play if that nerf occurred. The only way I could see that being fair is if the startup / launch of the HM was noticeably shortened, and even then, I don't think it'd work.

If HM is ever nerfed at all, it should be that if Doom is tagged, one of 2 things should happen (in addition to Doom not launching any more missiles of course):

a) the missiles already in the air fall down in a random pattern (total guidance loss); they can still cause damage and/or interrupt combos, but the randomness means it's not something one should count on

b) the missiles fall on the opponent's last location before Doom was interrupted

Personally, I think the latter option is the more reasonable one, but I could accept either . . . I'll say this though, Drones should definitely persist even if Sentinel is hit.
---
Words mean nothing if logic doesn't back it up.
#124Alom_o_molaPosted 1/15/2013 6:39:17 PM
ProzacStylings posted...
Alom_o_mola posted...
I'd like RR to be buffed

more damage or more speed

More hitstun on just about all of his normals would make him competitively playable. I'd like to see cH xx Logtrap combo as an anti air, and jS stun until ground-roll from jump height.

He already has a good deal of speed, almost too much to consistently control at optimized offense, and giving him more damage would be reasonably difficult; short of dramatically upping his scaling/base damage values, anyway.

oh yes, hitstun, i hate it that his combos are so tight
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#125felicaPosted 1/15/2013 7:06:42 PM(edited)
Also to the people who claim nerfing misslies will make them useless (Which it won't but whatever) Even if it did. Are we forgetting he has 2 OTHER COMPLETLEY VIABLE ASSISTS?? There are characters who even benefit more from beam then they do from missiles. Doom does not have a bad assist. All 3 of them are VERY GOOD!(Rocks included)

Compare that to the other top assists in the game (Drones/Vajra/Shopping Cart/Tatsu/Wesker's otg etc) Those are the only good assists those characters have.
---
Patiently waiting for DmC,Tomb Raider,Last of Us,Stick Of Truth-UMvC3 team Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel XBL-Phillyrider8072 Black 2 FC-1034 9297 3420
#126cloud805erPosted 1/15/2013 7:34:10 PM
felica posted...
Also to the people who claim nerfing misslies will make them useless (Which it won't but whatever) Even if it did. Are we forgetting he has 2 OTHER COMPLETLEY VIABLE ASSISTS?? There are characters who even benefit more from beam then they do from missiles. Doom does not have a bad assist. All 3 of them are VERY GOOD!(Rocks included)

Compare that to the other top assists in the game (Drones/Vajra/Shopping Cart/Tatsu/Wesker's otg etc) Those are the only good assists those characters have.

lolololo wut his other assist are NOT combo breaking tracking assist they're average at best you have no clue what youre takling about and yes nerfing missiles will make them useless outside of combo extension
#127MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/15/2013 7:44:32 PM
felica posted...

yeah lets get rid of another anti air assist so theres only like 2 in the game.

Good idea.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#128MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/15/2013 7:50:59 PM
SGleader1 posted...
Poltergust posted...
Well, for Zero, I could think of two (only one should happen, though):

-More recovery on Buster.
-Zero cannot charge Buster during super-flashes.

This way, Zero would still have crazy mix-ups, but his combos are harder to perform and he's a bit more assist dependent.

I can see the first one being viable but the second one is dumb. If that was the case EVERYONE should have that nerf, and that would ruin the pacing of some characters along with Zero not being able to do lightning loops. Making a character more assist dependent is a terrible design choice.

Also to the person that listed all of Zero's strengths? That's cute, but I said if you don't cover them correctly. His normals have great priority but his teleports and lightning dashes can be grabbed out of pretty damn easily.

I do however agree with you about everyone jumping on the Zero bandwagon. It irritates me alot especially since I'm pretty loyal to the character. I feel like he's got the potential to be nerfed because people flock to him instead of sticking to their own play styles. But just because you struggle fighting against him doesn't justify the almost extreme hatred. Just saying.

I agree. When I went to frosty faustings there were like 4-5 zeros in top 8 including me.

It's kind of pissing me off because they didn't even take the time to learn the character, and they aren't even that good with him... yet they made top 8. Made me mad. One of them couldn't even loop and just did Rekkoha (whiff) into doom's sphere flame.

ugh...
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#129KarsticlesPosted 1/15/2013 7:53:52 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
felica posted...

yeah lets get rid of another anti air assist so theres only like 2 in the game.

Good idea.

If you replace it with Photon Shot, you still have 3!

Also, there are a lot of potential anti-air assists that Capcom just refuses to utilize for some reason, like Energy Javelin, tracking Purification, tracking Typhoon that reaches superjump height, Hawkeye's good anti-air arrows (I forget their name), charged Voomerang, tracking Meteor Smash, and Gold Armor Crossbow. Blows my mind, really.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#130felicaPosted 1/15/2013 8:03:37 PM
cloud805er posted...
felica posted...

lolololo wut his other assist are NOT combo breaking tracking assist they're average at best you have no clue what youre takling about and yes nerfing missiles will make them useless outside of combo extension

Beam is average at best??? Smh ok. The hitstun alone on beam makes it great.

Every top player i talk to on a normal basis all want missiles patched.
---
Patiently waiting for DmC,Tomb Raider,Last of Us,Stick Of Truth-UMvC3 team Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel XBL-Phillyrider8072 Black 2 FC-1034 9297 3420