Fchamp confirmed umvc3 update

#131MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/15/2013 8:04:31 PM
Karsticles posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
felica posted...
Also to the people who claim nerfing misslies will make them useless (Which it won't but whatever) Even if it did. Are we forgetting he has 2 OTHER COMPLETLEY VIABLE ASSISTS?? There are characters who even benefit more from beam then they do from missiles. Doom does not have a bad assist. All 3 of them are VERY GOOD!(Rocks included)

Compare that to the other top assists in the game (Drones/Vajra/Shopping Cart/Tatsu/Wesker's otg etc) Those are the only good assists those characters have.

yeah lets get rid of another anti air assist so theres only like 2 in the game.

Good idea.

If you replace it with Photon Shot, you still have 3!

Also, there are a lot of potential anti-air assists that Capcom just refuses to utilize for some reason, like Energy Javelin, tracking Purification, tracking Typhoon that reaches superjump height, Hawkeye's good anti-air arrows (I forget their name), charged Voomerang, tracking Meteor Smash, and Gold Armor Crossbow. Blows my mind, really.

They aren't going to just change assists from one game to another.... Did they do that with ultimate? (Serious question)

Half of those assists would be wayyyyyyy too good.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#132ProzacStylingsPosted 1/15/2013 8:09:22 PM
Karsticles posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
felica posted...
Also to the people who claim nerfing misslies will make them useless (Which it won't but whatever) Even if it did. Are we forgetting he has 2 OTHER COMPLETLEY VIABLE ASSISTS?? There are characters who even benefit more from beam then they do from missiles. Doom does not have a bad assist. All 3 of them are VERY GOOD!(Rocks included)

Compare that to the other top assists in the game (Drones/Vajra/Shopping Cart/Tatsu/Wesker's otg etc) Those are the only good assists those characters have.

yeah lets get rid of another anti air assist so theres only like 2 in the game.

Good idea.

If you replace it with Photon Shot, you still have 3!

Also, there are a lot of potential anti-air assists that Capcom just refuses to utilize for some reason, like Energy Javelin, tracking Purification, tracking Typhoon that reaches superjump height, Hawkeye's good anti-air arrows (I forget their name), charged Voomerang, tracking Meteor Smash, and Gold Armor Crossbow. Blows my mind, really.

Uh, realtalk, Grounded Photon Shot would be even more broken than missiles.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#133MegamanRockX2Posted 1/15/2013 8:11:23 PM
F. Champ

Dormammu the same

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/46453L.jpg
---
CombaticusXY: Obama just won, Vajra and then an OTG confirm off of Ohio
#134MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/15/2013 8:17:05 PM
Oh, after all this talking does anyone have actual proof he said this stuff??
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#135felicaPosted 1/15/2013 8:24:22 PM(edited)
MK9_Prodigy posted...

I was at Apex. I didn't hear him say this exact quote but i was in a conversation with Champ/Yipes/Alucard/Demon Hyo/NYC Fab J Rosa/Persia/Footwurk/and Bum and Champ did say that Dorm is very good but not S tier.

Also there was a offstream match with Yipes and Alucard in pools. Alucard won first game. Then won 2nd game. In the 2nd game he was doing a spidey combo and added a taunt in the combo. Yipes then went on to win 3 straight. Alcuard proceeds to try to shake his hand afterwards and Yipes just brushed him off and said "F outta here"

I thought it was pretty funny. They were both cool about a half hour later after Persia ended up talking to both of them. Lol. I was in the same pool. Went 3-0 then lost to Yipes then lost to Alucard.
---
Patiently waiting for DmC,Tomb Raider,Last of Us,Stick Of Truth-UMvC3 team Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel XBL-Phillyrider8072 Black 2 FC-1034 9297 3420
#136PoltergustPosted 1/15/2013 8:32:30 PM
SGleader1 posted...
Poltergust posted...
Well, for Zero, I could think of two (only one should happen, though):

-More recovery on Buster.
-Zero cannot charge Buster during super-flashes.

This way, Zero would still have crazy mix-ups, but his combos are harder to perform and he's a bit more assist dependent.

I can see the first one being viable but the second one is dumb. If that was the case EVERYONE should have that nerf, and that would ruin the pacing of some characters along with Zero not being able to do lightning loops. Making a character more assist dependent is a terrible design choice.

OK, that's fine. I don't really think most other characters can utilize charging during super-flashes other than Vergil.

Besides, I think it's a glitch anyways. As fas as I can tell, you can charge during your super-flash, but you can't charge during an opponent's super-flash. Can someone test this?
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#137Blackzero123Posted 1/15/2013 8:35:05 PM
Hopefully they buff Hsien Ko so she has speed. Increase her damage a bit so she can be more viable. Also Ghost Rider should have chip damaging normals besides back+H.
#138MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/15/2013 8:37:08 PM
Poltergust posted...
SGleader1 posted...
Poltergust posted...
Well, for Zero, I could think of two (only one should happen, though):

-More recovery on Buster.
-Zero cannot charge Buster during super-flashes.

This way, Zero would still have crazy mix-ups, but his combos are harder to perform and he's a bit more assist dependent.

I can see the first one being viable but the second one is dumb. If that was the case EVERYONE should have that nerf, and that would ruin the pacing of some characters along with Zero not being able to do lightning loops. Making a character more assist dependent is a terrible design choice.

OK, that's fine. I don't really think most other characters can utilize charging during super-flashes other than Vergil.

Besides, I think it's a glitch anyways. As fas as I can tell, you can charge during your super-flash, but you can't charge during an opponent's super-flash. Can someone test this?

This is true.

However, they better not take this away. No more lightning loops

felica posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...

I was at Apex. I didn't hear him say this exact quote but i was in a conversation with Champ/Yipes/Alucard/Demon Hyo/NYC Fab J Rosa/Persia/Footwurk/and Bum and Champ did say that Dorm is very good but not S tier.

Also there was a offstream match with Yipes and Alucard in pools. Alucard won first game. Then won 2nd game. In the 2nd game he was doing a spidey combo and added a taunt in the combo. Yipes then went on to win 3 straight. Alcuard proceeds to try to shake his hand afterwards and Yipes just brushed him off and said "F outta here"

I thought it was pretty funny. They were both cool about a half hour later after Persia ended up talking to both of them. Lol. I was in the same pool. Went 3-0 then lost to Yipes then lost to Alucard.

I meant about the update. And sweet man I would have gone to Apex had my semester not just started. College is so annoying.
---
#139kikookPosted 1/15/2013 9:21:20 PM
I don't care if they nerf my main team, as long as I don't have to learn new combos I won't care. If they mess up Dante or Vergil I'm going to be mad. Vergil is OP for a reason that you can't just nerf, and if they do they'll ruin him. But coming from Fchamp I seriously doubt there's any truth to this matter. Who is FC to speak for a company who said they are done with Marvel? Capcom announced the SxT stuff waaaaaay before gameplay confirmed it.
#140Azumarill12777Posted 1/15/2013 9:42:01 PM
Zero AND Vergil NERFS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/6b457c2c82c3fd2978b7101e379a6358/tumblr_mfnp7bLY621qknffvo6_1280.jpg
---
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc236/Naples427/AzuFioves.gif
UMvC3: Zero May Cry. SCV: Maxi NFL: Jaguars(2nd pick in DAT Draft)Lakers(LEGIT 6 LYFE!!!)