Fchamp confirmed umvc3 update

#141KarsticlesPosted 1/15/2013 10:05:06 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Karsticles posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
felica posted...
Also to the people who claim nerfing misslies will make them useless (Which it won't but whatever) Even if it did. Are we forgetting he has 2 OTHER COMPLETLEY VIABLE ASSISTS?? There are characters who even benefit more from beam then they do from missiles. Doom does not have a bad assist. All 3 of them are VERY GOOD!(Rocks included)

Compare that to the other top assists in the game (Drones/Vajra/Shopping Cart/Tatsu/Wesker's otg etc) Those are the only good assists those characters have.

yeah lets get rid of another anti air assist so theres only like 2 in the game.

Good idea.

If you replace it with Photon Shot, you still have 3!

Also, there are a lot of potential anti-air assists that Capcom just refuses to utilize for some reason, like Energy Javelin, tracking Purification, tracking Typhoon that reaches superjump height, Hawkeye's good anti-air arrows (I forget their name), charged Voomerang, tracking Meteor Smash, and Gold Armor Crossbow. Blows my mind, really.

They aren't going to just change assists from one game to another.... Did they do that with ultimate? (Serious question)

Half of those assists would be wayyyyyyy too good.

Assists got modified, but no one got an actual assist change.

I blame that on the development schedule, though. Pre-release, Seth Killian was talking about Wolverine getting Berserker Rage (aka Swiss Cheese) as an assist, and C. Viper getting Optic Blast. So, it's something Capcom has strongly considered, at least.

Ideally, every character in the game has good assists and is great on point. That's my dream.

Which of those assists do you think would be way too good? I'm pretty confident that they would all be fair.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#142SGleader1Posted 1/15/2013 11:31:58 PM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
SGleader1 posted...
Poltergust posted...
Well, for Zero, I could think of two (only one should happen, though):

-More recovery on Buster.
-Zero cannot charge Buster during super-flashes.

This way, Zero would still have crazy mix-ups, but his combos are harder to perform and he's a bit more assist dependent.

I can see the first one being viable but the second one is dumb. If that was the case EVERYONE should have that nerf, and that would ruin the pacing of some characters along with Zero not being able to do lightning loops. Making a character more assist dependent is a terrible design choice.

Also to the person that listed all of Zero's strengths? That's cute, but I said if you don't cover them correctly. His normals have great priority but his teleports and lightning dashes can be grabbed out of pretty damn easily.

I do however agree with you about everyone jumping on the Zero bandwagon. It irritates me alot especially since I'm pretty loyal to the character. I feel like he's got the potential to be nerfed because people flock to him instead of sticking to their own play styles. But just because you struggle fighting against him doesn't justify the almost extreme hatred. Just saying.

I agree. When I went to frosty faustings there were like 4-5 zeros in top 8 including me.

It's kind of pissing me off because they didn't even take the time to learn the character, and they aren't even that good with him... yet they made top 8. Made me mad. One of them couldn't even loop and just did Rekkoha (whiff) into doom's sphere flame.

ugh...

This. It pisses me off when I fight bad Zero's but everyone's crying nerf. It's just like...good Zero's a few and far between, but you all want to to whine. I bet money if people knew how to block better, they wouldn't cry about Zero nearly as much. Same with why everyone complains about Vergil, but that's beside the point.

If any type of nerf to Zero would be justified, it'd be his minimum scaling. If his lightning did 5,000 per hit instead of 7,500, it'd be cool. Like him getting less damage would be fine in my opinion.

JDM is a good Zero from what I've seen and that was a few months ago, I'm pretty sure he's improved now.

If anything I want Zero to become harder to play so he steers people away from him. I'm so sick of seeing everyone following the Zero trend. Even Viscant is playing him and he's using him as a reset character. That drives me absolutely insane, I just can't stand when people give away kills for meter. And yes, you can use loops with Zero on a phoenix team as long as you're smart about when you do them, but that's beside the point >_>

Well, that's it for my incoherent rant. Time to get some more sleep >_>
---
Done with Marvel for a VERY long time.
#143MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/16/2013 8:29:26 AM
SGleader1 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
SGleader1 posted...
Poltergust posted...
Well, for Zero, I could think of two (only one should happen, though):

-More recovery on Buster.
-Zero cannot charge Buster during super-flashes.

This way, Zero would still have crazy mix-ups, but his combos are harder to perform and he's a bit more assist dependent.

I can see the first one being viable but the second one is dumb. If that was the case EVERYONE should have that nerf, and that would ruin the pacing of some characters along with Zero not being able to do lightning loops. Making a character more assist dependent is a terrible design choice.

Also to the person that listed all of Zero's strengths? That's cute, but I said if you don't cover them correctly. His normals have great priority but his teleports and lightning dashes can be grabbed out of pretty damn easily.

I do however agree with you about everyone jumping on the Zero bandwagon. It irritates me alot especially since I'm pretty loyal to the character. I feel like he's got the potential to be nerfed because people flock to him instead of sticking to their own play styles. But just because you struggle fighting against him doesn't justify the almost extreme hatred. Just saying.

I agree. When I went to frosty faustings there were like 4-5 zeros in top 8 including me.

It's kind of pissing me off because they didn't even take the time to learn the character, and they aren't even that good with him... yet they made top 8. Made me mad. One of them couldn't even loop and just did Rekkoha (whiff) into doom's sphere flame.

ugh...

This. It pisses me off when I fight bad Zero's but everyone's crying nerf. It's just like...good Zero's a few and far between, but you all want to to whine. I bet money if people knew how to block better, they wouldn't cry about Zero nearly as much. Same with why everyone complains about Vergil, but that's beside the point.

If any type of nerf to Zero would be justified, it'd be his minimum scaling. If his lightning did 5,000 per hit instead of 7,500, it'd be cool. Like him getting less damage would be fine in my opinion.

JDM is a good Zero from what I've seen and that was a few months ago, I'm pretty sure he's improved now.

If anything I want Zero to become harder to play so he steers people away from him. I'm so sick of seeing everyone following the Zero trend. Even Viscant is playing him and he's using him as a reset character. That drives me absolutely insane, I just can't stand when people give away kills for meter. And yes, you can use loops with Zero on a phoenix team as long as you're smart about when you do them, but that's beside the point >_>

Well, that's it for my incoherent rant. Time to get some more sleep >_>

I couldn't agree more.

The entire premise of a Zero that resets pisses me off.

YOU'RE ZERO. You should be killing the entire team in one hit with these unblockable mixups in the corner. **** Phoenix. >:(
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#144SGleader1Posted 1/16/2013 4:32:18 PM
I can understand situational resets like when you over extend yourself for some combos and you get a drop, but going for resets over kills is just a bad policy >_>

Looks like me and JDM see things the same x)
---
Done with Marvel for a VERY long time.
#145SSF2FanPosted 1/17/2013 7:56:24 AM
I wish they can not update the game so that I can see my Marvel vs. Capcom 4, with the cast being:

MARVEL: Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Deadpool, Captain America, Super-Skrull, Doctor Doom, Thor, Dormammu, X-23, Spider-Man, MODOK, Magneto, She-Hulk, Shuma-Gorath, Storm, Phoenix, Venom, and Taskmaster

CAPCOM: Ryu, Morrigan, Chris Redfield, Dante, Felicia, Trish, Chun-Li, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Tron Bonne, Albert Wesker, Nathan Spencer, Arthur, Zero, Jill Valentine, ,C. Viper, Haggar, Mega Man, and Akuma

Either that or add some new DLC characters.
#146MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/17/2013 8:11:54 AM
All this and still no video evidence of him saying this... and what about MarlinPie as well??
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#147Masemune_100Posted 1/17/2013 8:16:36 AM
You guys do know that you couldn't really nerf Zero without neutering him as a character, right? His entire kit is too ****ing good. Plus, even if they did get rid of Lightning Loop, he can still loop your ass in Sougenmu without it.
Same goes for Vergil. Even if you get rid of his loop he'd still be an extremely dominant character, unless Capcom when out of their way to make him useless.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade