SoCal Regionals 2013 Official Discussion V1

#11IarumasManPosted 1/17/2013 12:49:49 PM
Project5Boss posted...
@Omega - Champ won those 2 games due to Phoenix derp, Dorm and Doom were soul fist practice targets the entire set. He would have had a better chance with his EVO team.

You probably weren't watching the same Apex matches I was as Dorm was only zoned out in game 3 and even then Chris G had to rushdown when he saw Dorm was getting spells stocked.

With that said, I say FChamp wins SCR because it's a WC tourney, home court advantage tends to be a major factor for majors just because of all the distractions / internal clock adjustments involved.
#12Project5Boss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:53:03 PM
If you watched the Apex where Dorm and Doom barely did any damage to Chris' team then we were watching the same match. Champ's wins were all Dark Phoenix, BS, derp reverse OCVs.

He would have been better off with a non Phoenix team where he could keep Morri/Doom in check with Chaotic Flame.

And I think either F Champ or Justin take it on Sunday for the reasons you stated. I almost don't want Chris to win because of the dead sea level salt that will be produced in the aftermath.
#13OrosukePosted 1/17/2013 12:57:50 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
TruthAndJustice posted...
One day GameFAQs will realise that overall FChamp is better than Chris G. Chris G won't win.

How so?

Chris G is better than FChamp in multiple games.

There is no Morrigan in AE, SFxT, Skullgirls, Mortal kombat, KoF ... Chris has placed really high and/or won majors in those games.

People really need to stop trying to discredit ChrisG. He as the only top player in vanilla other than Combofiend that didnt rely on Phoenix, Wolverine or Dante.

He used vanilla ryu for christ sakes

Only Justin compares to Chris G in overall skill in America

Lmao.
---
Normally I would concede, but Tobi lies about everything. He even lied to himself in his own monologue. - GuideToTheDark
#14KNITEMAREXPosted 1/17/2013 12:58:47 PM
Thing is, Chris has also never brought a team as strong as his current one to the West. If Chris plays like his NEC/Apex self, Champ would need to pull off some ridiculous stuff (possible, since he's been grinding all week) or Chris would just have to screw up hard

I don't like Justin's chances since his teams just lose hard to MorriDoom. Especially now with Vergil in there, but Justin is Justin so who knows
#15IarumasManPosted 1/17/2013 1:03:45 PM(edited)
Project5Boss posted...
If you watched the Apex where Dorm and Doom barely did any damage to Chris' team then we were watching the same match. Champ's wins were all Dark Phoenix, BS, derp reverse OCVs.

He would have been better off with a non Phoenix team where he could keep Morri/Doom in check with Chaotic Flame.

And I think either F Champ or Justin take it on Sunday for the reasons you stated. I almost don't want Chris to win because of the dead sea level salt that will be produced in the aftermath.

I'm not disagreeing that Dark Phoenix won the matches (which was FChamp's theory fighter plan for months now) I was disagreeing with the entire "Dorm and Doom were soul fist practice targets the entire set" argument just because Dorm was actually bum rushed instead of zoned.

Edit: I also agree that his Mags / Dorm / Doom team would've been a much better option than his theory fighter team.
#16Project5Boss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:02:41 PM
IarumasMan posted...
Project5Boss posted...

I'm not disagreeing that Dark Phoenix won the matches (which was FChamp's theory fighter plan for months now) I was disagreeing with the entire "Dorm and Doom were soul fist practice targets the entire set" argument just because Dorm was actually bum rushed instead of zoned.

Oh I give you that sir, you have to concede that the key to said bum rushing was a combination of HM lock down and Soul Fist coverage. And that the combos themselves usually involved some Soul Fist action.
#17IarumasManPosted 1/17/2013 1:08:09 PM
Project5Boss posted...

Oh I give you that sir, you have to concede that the key to said bum rushing was a combination of HM lock down and Soul Fist coverage. And that the combos themselves usually involved some Soul Fist action.

I'll agree with that. I like how smart Chris' rushdown has become, the gimmicky up-close AV Soul Fist bait he's been doing always catches people who are too eager to punish Morrigan only to end up getting combobreaked by the clone's soul fist into a full combo.
#18Project5Boss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:44:07 PM
IarumasMan posted...
Project5Boss posted...

I'll agree with that. I like how smart Chris' rushdown has become, the gimmicky up-close AV Soul Fist bait he's been doing always catches people who are too eager to punish Morrigan only to end up getting combobreaked by the clone's soul fist into a full combo.

It really has become smart, his zoning has also gotten much better. He finds new patterns and ways to force opponents into SF. He's somehow melded rushdown and zoning where he can switch to either on a dime.
#19SkyrazerPosted 1/17/2013 7:18:35 PM
Tag for links
---
Life - A sexually transmitted disease that always results in death.
#20SpotlessedenPosted 1/17/2013 8:20:53 PM(edited)
FChamp will win this tournament. ChirsG is the better player, but home court advantage is too big for California player in this major and evo. I said the same thing about F.champ has no chance of winning over Chirs G in the East Coast too.