SoCal Regionals 2013 Official Discussion V1

#21Nocturnal15Posted 1/17/2013 7:32:16 PM
Homecourt advantage doesn't mean a thing. West Coast doesn't have ANY notable MorriDooms. Chris G is going to Grand Finals....FREE
#22crondizzlePosted 1/17/2013 7:34:04 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
FChamp will win this tournament. ChirsG is the better player, but home court advantage is too big for California player in this major and evo. I said the same thing about F.champ has no chance of winning over Chirs G in the East Coast too.

the "home court" advantage isnt that big for Fchamp though, because even his own coast hates him.
#23Project5Boss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:38:19 PM
Nocturnal15 posted...
Homecourt advantage doesn't mean a thing. West Coast doesn't have ANY notable MorriDooms. Chris G is going to Grand Finals....FREE

Probably in losers, don't get me wrong. The probability of yet another Chris G victory is massive but someone is going to derp him out and he'll need to pull a UFGT8.

As for the dude who said Champ's own coast hates him, it applies to Chris G as well. The only guys who support him are JRosa, Flux, Sanford, maybe Yipes and She Honda.

Anyway.

If you haven't seen it yet my fellow stream warriors.

We got brackets YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

http://challonge.com/users/levelup
#24TheMoralessStarPosted 1/17/2013 7:42:04 PM
Home court advantage is irrelevant when Socal is full of happy tree huggers. East coast strong. Chris G stomp.
---
PSN: shakobe
Putting mark busters in their place since 2009.
#25NewuserPosted 1/17/2013 7:42:57 PM
Why does everyone sleep on PR Rog? He frequently bodies F Champ and you'll think that his team will be terrific against Morridoom.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#26Nocturnal15Posted 1/17/2013 7:47:36 PM(edited)
Project5Boss posted...
Nocturnal15 posted...

Probably in losers, don't get me wrong. The probability of yet another Chris G victory is massive but someone is going to derp him out and he'll need to pull a UFGT8.

As for the dude who said Champ's own coast hates him, it applies to Chris G as well. The only guys who support him are JRosa, Flux, Sanford, maybe Yipes and She Honda.

The probability of Chris G going to losers is rather slim. He often makes it to Winners side. In fact he's lost quite a bit even when he is in Winners. If he continues playing the way he is playing, he can't be stopped. The only West Coast player really studying MorriDoom is FChamp. The only other threat is Justin Wong.

The support Champ and Chris G get is so fickle like a woman. When East Coast has to defend it's turf, Chris G gets cheered. I'm sure vice versa will happen if Chris G does blow through the West Coast. People will cheer even the most hated of the West Coast just so they can stop the East from winning. It has always been that way.

Newuser posted...
Why does everyone sleep on PR Rog? He frequently bodies F Champ and you'll think that his team will be terrific against Morridoom.

PR Rog is easily in the top 5 elite, however his teams are always mostly composed of rushdown characters. His current team is Wolverine, Vergil, Doom. Unless he pulls a JWong and bodies Morrigan in the first 5 secs, he is going to lose.
#27PinkPikachuPosted 1/17/2013 7:47:40 PM
viscant will win it all
---
PSN: Tron_Carter
#28Project5Boss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:54:56 PM
The probability of Chris G going to losers is rather slim. He often makes it to Winners side. In fact he's lost quite a bit even when he is in Winners. If he continues playing the way he is playing, he can't be stopped. The only West Coast player really studying MorriDoom is FChamp. The only other threat is Justin Wong.

You're right, he's been blowing through brackets with the greatest of ease lately. He's worked out his tournament kinks that being that he didn't take his comp seriously and got bodied by surprise as a result. Chris G can lose to Champ and Justin if he's left with just Vergil. His Doom can make reverse OCV comebacks but his Vergil is his newest character and it is booty buttcheeks. He has not yet learned that derp controls everything.

The support Champ and Chris G get is so fickle like a woman. When East Coast has to defend it's turf, Chris G gets cheered. I'm sure vice versa will happen if Chris G does blow through the West Coast. People will cheer even the most hated of the West Coast just so they can stop the East from winning. It has always been that way.

Lol yes, these guys get cheered when its convenient. The difference is, that NorCal players dickrides Champ like no other, and you can count on Chen to ride that cowboy into the sunset. On the East Chris gets mild credit from Spooky and the like.

PR Rog is easily in the top 5 elite, however his teams are always mostly composed of rushdown characters. His current team is Wolverine, Vergil, Doom. Unless he pulls a JWong and bodies Morrigan in the first 5 secs, he is going to lose.

Rog is definitely top 5 and he plays his characters like a wild man. He's also a threat. The problem with Justin and Rog is if they lose Wolvy they are screwed.
#29pwned3xPosted 1/17/2013 7:57:53 PM
Helix plays MorriDoom and he's pretty good. He's no Chris G, but I think his Morrigan is much better than JRosa's. His Doom isn't all that though
---
PSN: Settai
UMvC3 Main Team: Magneto/Morrigan/Sentinel
#30Mirai_NakiPosted 1/17/2013 8:13:04 PM

the "home court" advantage isnt that big for Fchamp though, because even his own coast hates him

Not really.
---
Memento Mori