SoCal Regionals 2013 Official Discussion V1

#31SlydeSlymPosted 1/17/2013 9:22:15 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
FChamp will win this tournament. ChirsG is the better player, but home court advantage is too big for California player in this major and evo. I said the same thing about F.champ has no chance of winning over Chirs G in the East Coast too.

There's no such thing as home court advantage for F Champ. He lives 500 miles away, that's like saying Chris G has home court advantage at Civil War. If anyone has home court it's Justin Wong.
#32NewuserPosted 1/17/2013 9:30:48 PM
Nocturnal15 posted...
PR Rog is easily in the top 5 elite, however his teams are always mostly composed of rushdown characters. His current team is Wolverine, Vergil, Doom. Unless he pulls a JWong and bodies Morrigan in the first 5 secs, he is going to lose.

And I honestly don't see why he can't body Morrigan in the first 5 secs. Plasma beam is a great counter for MorriDoom, Chris G has shown himself to struggle against it.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#33KappaMonsterPosted 1/17/2013 11:55:14 PM
Project5Boss posted...

Lol yes, these guys get cheered when its convenient. The difference is, that NorCal players dickrides Champ like no other.

Pretty bold statement to say. I'm pretty sure a good number of NorCal players like Champ either. Besides he's the one trying to invite players from the area to level up their game to his soon evicted household...I don't think that's really that's dickriding if you ask me.
---
Cookie Puss!
#34nite1017Posted 1/17/2013 11:56:23 PM
SCR twitch chat will be sub mode only... both lvlup stream.
#35NoJobBobPosted 1/18/2013 12:29:25 AM
home court advantage for video games....ive heard it all now
#36Project5Boss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 1:34:00 AM
KappaMonster posted...
Project5Boss posted...

Lol yes, these guys get cheered when its convenient. The difference is, that NorCal players dickrides Champ like no other.

Pretty bold statement to say. I'm pretty sure a good number of NorCal players like Champ either. Besides he's the one trying to invite players from the area to level up their game to his soon evicted household...I don't think that's really that's dickriding if you ask me.

Whenever you listen to Magus or most of the known NorCal players, they talk up Champ as a Filipino messiah. This is true of any big name in the community be it Justin, Yipes or Sanford. Especially among the clique of well known players who believe that top players should be beyond any criticism. They believe that pot monsters and especially stream monsters should love and praise everything they do. That criticism, valid or otherwise is forbidden(an attitude that seems to permeate every section of the entertainment society these days).

Don't believe me? Read through SRK's stream and commentary thread for the last year, nearly anytime players like Fanatiq, RayRay, OMG Itz Andre and others got criticized in the thread for bad play or bad attitudes, they showed up to spew venom.

I've probably gone off an a tangent here but there's also a defense used by sycophants that follows a line of reasoning such that because x top player is a nice person outside the game, this somehow puts them above criticism for their performance/choices in game. As if the two have anything to do with each other.

Anyway, Champ and Justin will be the favourites for the West Coast crowd this weekend.
#37KappaMonsterPosted 1/18/2013 2:19:39 AM
Project5Boss posted...
KappaMonster posted...
Project5Boss posted...

Whenever you listen to Magus or most of the known NorCal players, they talk up Champ as a Filipino messiah. This is true of any big name in the community be it Justin, Yipes or Sanford. Especially among the clique of well known players who believe that top players should be beyond any criticism. They believe that pot monsters and especially stream monsters should love and praise everything they do. That criticism, valid or otherwise is forbidden(an attitude that seems to permeate every section of the entertainment society these days).

Don't believe me? Read through SRK's stream and commentary thread for the last year, nearly anytime players like Fanatiq, RayRay, OMG Itz Andre and others got criticized in the thread for bad play or bad attitudes, they showed up to spew venom.

I've probably gone off an a tangent here but there's also a defense used by sycophants that follows a line of reasoning such that because x top player is a nice person outside the game, this somehow puts them above criticism for their performance/choices in game. As if the two have anything to do with each other.

Anyway, Champ and Justin will be the favourites for the West Coast crowd this weekend.

That's the current FGC for you....It used to be: *** this player because he beat my ass and I will do anything to beat him.

I get your point though, but yeah dickriding is pretty much everywhere these days.
---
Cookie Puss!
#38crybaby15Posted 1/18/2013 2:43:10 AM
go fchamp!!!!
---
i cry man i cryyy
psn - toilethumorr
#39Project5Boss(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 3:00:04 AM
KappaMonster posted...
Project5Boss posted...
KappaMonster posted...
Project5Boss posted...

That's the current FGC for you....It used to be: *** this player because he beat my ass and I will do anything to beat him.

I get your point though, but yeah dickriding is pretty much everywhere these days.

I give credit where credit is due, I respect guys like Chris G, Yipes, Champ and Justin for their talents IN GAME but when Chris G and Justin act like babies on twitter or on stream, everyone including myself has the right to criticize them as long as it is valid. And even though Justin and Chris could beat us all 1000x over, we can still point out the flaws in their play. The commentary does it and even the most skilled commentator(Yipes) gets beat by Justin and Champ a lot.

Nothing should be above valid criticism, you'd think people in general would be mature enough to understand such a basic concept.
#40NewuserPosted 1/18/2013 5:24:31 AM
Project5Boss posted...

They criticize F Champ all the time for not using his Mag/Dorm/Doom team and keep saying he's handicapping himself......
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus