Who is the better character, Dante or Wesker?

#1DX1900Posted 1/25/2013 5:08:52 PM
Better character OVERALL, Dante or Wesker? - Results (202 votes)
Dante
56.44% (114 votes)
Wesker
43.56% (88 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Early in this game's life the community would have said Wesker. Do we still agree?
#2ProzacIsBackPosted 1/25/2013 5:14:42 PM
Kind of a big assumption there.

People are only just now starting to accept that Dante isn't top tier anymore, and people were crying that Wesker wasn't top tier even when he was taking 7 spots in a top 8.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#3DX1900(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:19:26 PM(edited)
ProzacIsBack posted...

People are only just now starting to accept that Dante isn't top tier anymore, and people were crying that Wesker wasn't top tier even when he was taking 7 spots in a top 8.

Yes, I realize that and I agree. But what is your point?

EDIT: and who did you vote for?
#4ProzacIsBackPosted 1/25/2013 5:23:10 PM
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...

My point is that the community would not have said wesker was better than dante.

And I voted for Wesker. Better damage, better mixups(Same game + command throw and better air throw), better normals, equivalent zoning, better XF3. The only thing Dante has on him is a great assist.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#5Lord_Shadow_19Posted 1/25/2013 5:52:29 PM
ProzacIsBack posted...
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...

My point is that the community would not have said wesker was better than dante.

And I voted for Wesker. Better damage, better mixups(Same game + command throw and better air throw), better normals, equivalent zoning, better XF3. The only thing Dante has on him is a great assist.

That asist will get him on more teams than Wesker making him the preferred character and thus better... even though I agree with everything you said.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#6DX1900(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:55:32 PM
ProzacIsBack posted...
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...

Dante has better mobility with his air dashes and flight in DT, better DHCs since Wesker's are complete ass, better assists as you said, and damage. Wesker has easier damage. Dante has much harder combos that will give you more damage. I recall seeing a video with 0 starting bar, using 2 assists, that got him to level 3 killing Thor.
#7Lord_Shadow_19Posted 1/25/2013 6:12:22 PM
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...

Dante has better mobility with his air dashes and flight in DT, better DHCs since Wesker's are complete ass, better assists as you said, and damage. Wesker has easier damage. Dante has much harder combos that will give you more damage. I recall seeing a video with 0 starting bar, using 2 assists, that got him to level 3 killing Thor.

Dude, it's Prozac, he knows everything about Dante, he's literally the go to person when anyone wants to know anything about Dante including little stupid useless crap that no one else could possibly know.

And I don't think Dante does more damage, but typically both require two hit confirms to kill, and Wesker has a much easier time getting those hit confirms because his normals are awesome, quick, and safe, while Dante's are huge, but slow.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#8Zanmato555Posted 1/25/2013 6:13:59 PM
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...

Prozac is THE Dante to go to for tips and advice. He knows what he's talking about.
---
http://puu.sh/12RIW http://puu.sh/13ywD
http://puu.sh/12BS1 http://puu.sh/13yfX
#9ProzacIsBackPosted 1/25/2013 6:22:14 PM
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...
DX1900 posted...
ProzacIsBack posted...

Wesker's ground dash is twice as fast as Dante's, his teleport is Air-OK, and 3-directional. He definitely has better mobility.

Dante cannot ToD thor starting with 0 bars. His combos that build 3 meters and end in a L3 do ~1mil, and they're entirely impractical. Wesker does pretty much identical damage with glasses on, and considerably more damage with glasses off(Match-viable ~850 for one bar and 1.1m+ for 3 bars). He definitely does better damage.

DHCs weren't important enough for me to mention, IMO. But for what it's worth, I'd consider them equal. Wesker's does less damage on DHC-In, but it also removes his glasses.
---
Prozac is a dick.
#10MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/25/2013 6:27:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]