Is Phoenix holding Fchamp back?

#11Scott_Stapp_Posted 1/28/2013 7:59:23 AM
Anybody voting "no" is delusional. Fchamp doesn't have to concern himself with beating most people. He only needs to worry about Chris G. Phoenix doesn't even exist for Chris anymore. That tournament before Socal regionals where it was the two of them in grand finals proved it. Fchamp essentially tried to fight Chris with a 2 character team.
---
When my name was Kentai, my family would travel...down to western RI, where my name was Kentai.
#12MK9_ProdigyPosted 1/28/2013 8:07:48 AM
Scott_Stapp_ posted...
Anybody voting "no" is delusional. Fchamp doesn't have to concern himself with beating most people. He only needs to worry about Chris G. Phoenix doesn't even exist for Chris anymore. That tournament before Socal regionals where it was the two of them in grand finals proved it. Fchamp essentially tried to fight Chris with a 2 character team.

Actually. At Apex Phoenix did 99% of the work against chris G.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#13Archangel2385Posted 1/28/2013 8:37:33 AM
Meh, F. Champ's real problem IMHO when he plays Phoenix (like many other Phoenix players) is that he's WAY too conservative with meter.

Wanting Dark Phoenix is fine & dandy, but if you KNOW there's a "problem" character for Phoenix/Dark Phoenix on the other side (Morrigan, Vergil, Strider, etc.), you should do all within your power to kill that character first, then you can worry about Dark Phoenix.

That's what made his actions against Chris G at Apex so puzzling. By that point, he should have KNOWN that Chris G has Soul Drain combos. He should also know (from his matches with Ailoune) that Morrigan has non-XF double TAC ability. Morrigan is indisputably the single greatest threat to Dark Phoenix (in terms of having the largest number of ways to make sure she doesn't even come out), and F. Champ still uselessly hoarded his meter, despite it being made abundantly clear that a meterless Dorm is nothing more than target practice for Morrigan.

Hell, if he was so dead-set against using meter for Dorm, he might as well have gone with Magneto/Doom/Phoenix . . .

Seriously, wanting Dark Phoenix is fine, but foolishly wasting opportunities to kill problem characters is not.
---
Words mean nothing if logic doesn't back it up.
#14OMEGA RUGALPosted 1/28/2013 8:37:56 AM
Phoenix is definitely NOT holding him back but he should stay away from Phoenix against people who definitley have a team with anti phoenix tech like anyone with a upwards command grab or hyper like Spider-Man.

I think CHAMP himself knows how easy or difficult his match ups are more than you guys do since he is the one playing the best Dorm in the world and the best Phoenix in the world and he feels more confident using Phoenix against most people.

Even his Evo run ... the vast majority of his wins were his Phoenix team not his Dorm team.

As great as his Dorm team is ... it also has bad match ups. Champ knows this ... you guys just fail to see it.

Dorm struggles against faster projective zoners like Hawkeye or out of control random rushdown like Wolverine backed by a get in assist.

Champ knows what he is doing ... he choose the team he feels gives him the absolute best option against ur team.

My only suggestion to him would be ... even with Phoenix on the team ... spend the meter against characters that can give Phoenix trouble if they have meter or Xfactor like Spencer. When he took on Combofiend's Memo team ... he had chances to kill Spencer with Meter but choose not to ... I would have spent it and just faced Xfactor level 3 Dr Strange with my three characters.

Other than that ... it's hard to tell the best Dorm and best Phoenix player what to do.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#15Scott_Stapp_Posted 1/28/2013 1:13:59 PM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
Phoenix is definitely NOT holding him back but he should stay away from Phoenix against people who definitley have a team with anti phoenix tech like anyone with a upwards command grab or hyper like Spider-Man.

I think CHAMP himself knows how easy or difficult his match ups are more than you guys do since he is the one playing the best Dorm in the world and the best Phoenix in the world and he feels more confident using Phoenix against most people.

Even his Evo run ... the vast majority of his wins were his Phoenix team not his Dorm team.

As great as his Dorm team is ... it also has bad match ups. Champ knows this ... you guys just fail to see it.

Dorm struggles against faster projective zoners like Hawkeye or out of control random rushdown like Wolverine backed by a get in assist.

Champ knows what he is doing ... he choose the team he feels gives him the absolute best option against ur team.

My only suggestion to him would be ... even with Phoenix on the team ... spend the meter against characters that can give Phoenix trouble if they have meter or Xfactor like Spencer. When he took on Combofiend's Memo team ... he had chances to kill Spencer with Meter but choose not to ... I would have spent it and just faced Xfactor level 3 Dr Strange with my three characters.

Other than that ... it's hard to tell the best Dorm and best Phoenix player what to do.

Phoenix is absolutely not the best option against Chris G's team.
---
When my name was Kentai, my family would travel...down to western RI, where my name was Kentai.