Review my gameplay?

#1FirahairPosted 1/29/2013 2:33:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIyP7R1Q-7Q

Seeking critiqs and advice for my gameplay. Im the x23 player.
---
LP LP > LK HP
#2YagaminouePosted 1/29/2013 2:46:22 AM
From the few minutes I watched...

Stop ending your X-23 block strings with launcher. I don't know why your opponent didn't punish you for that.

Get Doom's bnb down in the midscreen. I also noticed a lot of failed pick-ups off of S Foot Dives because you messed up a tridash or something.
#3Killarock404Posted 1/29/2013 2:50:38 AM
Watch your teleports with Vergil. I saw a few naked teleports.
#4Venator_LupusPosted 1/29/2013 2:52:42 AM
I see you like using d.H alot and I can appreciate it's a fast falling move but you're neutral jumping into it. that makes it a pretty slow attack, it's not even an overhead hitting move. you'd be much better utilising QCB H. since that will keep you alot safer than a launcher ender and keep up a more fliud amount of pressure

Good reads, saw alot of worthwhile punishes and decisions
Good role in the game, expecting an X-23 to have the opponent in the corner frequently and you did.

Just need to work on a couple things.
---
I rant therefore I am.
#5Firahair(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:54:25 AM
Killarock404 posted...
Watch your teleports with Vergil. I saw a few naked teleports.

Some of those naked teleports were pretty safe but noted.

Yagaminoue posted...
From the few minutes I watched...

Stop ending your X-23 block strings with launcher. I don't know why your opponent didn't punish you for that.

Get Doom's bnb down in the midscreen. I also noticed a lot of failed pick-ups off of S Foot Dives because you messed up a tridash or something.

Its a bad habit i know lol. As for doom usually i dont drop his combo often, looking at the vid again ya i shud slap myself for that.
---
LP LP > LK HP
#6Patrick7286Posted 1/29/2013 3:00:23 AM
At 2:32 you could have done cr.H to stringer to release round trip instead of high time incase that wasn't an accident. At 3:37 you probably could have won the game there if you XF'd the qcf M into a launch. Shortly after that you could have jumped forward and air threw his sentinel. Sent is pretty free to air throws and he was jumping every single time. It seems like you caught onto this in later matches though. You have a good x23 team. Stick with it because it has a lot of potential. Learn her instant cross up. You can cancel her feints with talon dive. So when you're close to your opponent do qcb M to qcf L(which will be autocorrected). You want to do this fairly quickly but not as fast as possible. With different timings you can control whether it crosses up or not to create a 50/50. Just remember you can't cross people while during blockstrings so this is good to use right after your opponent finishes blocking a beam or just raw against opponents that are very defensive and wont mash the instant you get close.