fighting/counter pick zero teams...a little help?

#1ANARCHYRULZPosted 1/29/2013 11:18:09 PM
ok so my two teams i played the most are

cap
hulk
task/strange

haggar
task
strange

i did sorta ok tonight in a long set aginst a zero player but dam i literally felt i was unsafe anywhere on the screen with this bloody character able to get a confirm off of essentially anything lol

my question is what characters/ play styles give zero trouble? if any?
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#2NewuserPosted 1/29/2013 11:56:39 PM
Nova
Dante
Shuma
Haggar
Task
Joe
Morrigan
Hawkeye

There's no clear counterpicks to Zero, so you'll still not have an easy time with these character. But basically characters with the ability to shut down Zero's air mobility and defeat his runaway gives him problems. Actually all of your characters do pretty well against Zero so there's not much reason for you to fear him.
---
I'm going to ****ing rip your throat out if you wake me up again. And if you touch the poster, I'll slap you across the face with your own esophogus
#3RagingRicansPosted 1/30/2013 12:53:03 AM
Newuser posted...
Nova
Dante
Shuma
Haggar
Task
Joe
Morrigan
Hawkeye

There's no clear counterpicks to Zero, so you'll still not have an easy time with these character. But basically characters with the ability to shut down Zero's air mobility and defeat his runaway gives him problems. Actually all of your characters do pretty well against Zero so there's not much reason for you to fear him.

Haggar? That's my favorite match up as a Zero player!
---
PSN: RagingRicans. "Rican's who rage are spicy chalupas". - Fictional Hispanic man.
#4ZTS_vs_DeckPosted 1/30/2013 2:37:55 AM
Morrigan/Doom
---
"If I could use one word to describe you it is Tactless."
#5TheSteelPhoenixPosted 1/30/2013 4:35:47 AM
Strider assist I have found can work well.

Also I don't know why, but the captain america matchup feels really comfortable. Might just be me, or maybe not.
---
It's hard to troll people these days. I am not sure what changed.
#6Chat NoirPosted 1/30/2013 5:10:12 AM
Zoning. Try to stay out of the range of his special dashes, avoid being cornered and challenge him in the air, where he's actually punishable.

Use Cap air shield slash with Task Arrows to keep him out and chip him. Whenever is about to get you cornered, do a Charging Star or an assist + cartwheel to get yourself out of the corner, then repeat.

You can also put Task on point and use diagonal and vertical Arrows along with Charging Star assist, and use jH/Air throw OS when he gets close.
Keep in mind, that you can hit him out of raikousen if he doesn't cover himself with an assist.
#7ANARCHYRULZ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:21:02 AM
honestly i wasnt really sure what was unsafe or not

and his priority was killing me lol, guess i gotta learn the match up more
---
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?
#8Chat NoirPosted 1/30/2013 9:28:53 AM
Yeah the Zero matchup always seems like you can't press any button. But not pressing buttons against Zero is already taking one step into hell. When he's about fullscreen away, he can't really get in without calling assist. That's when you call your own zoning assist and punish him.
#9Old_SodPosted 1/30/2013 9:30:17 AM
TheSteelPhoenix posted...

Also I don't know why, but the captain america matchup feels really comfortable. Might just be me, or maybe not.

It's just you. Other cap players on SRK speak to Zero being one of Cap's hardest match ups. I haven't played enough Zeros with my fresh new Cap to confirm it personally, but that is what I've read.
---
Playing: TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL), Dota 2 (PC)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#10Chat NoirPosted 1/30/2013 9:40:08 AM
Old_Sod posted...
TheSteelPhoenix posted...

It's just you. Other cap players on SRK speak to Zero being one of Cap's hardest match ups. I haven't played enough Zeros with my fresh new Cap to confirm it personally, but that is what I've read.

It's because most Cap players use him on point with no defensive assist. Cap defensive game is atrocious, and its even harder against Zero since you can't just throw derping Stars against him.