Since this game is still lacking a vampire...

#21LordRattergunPosted 1/30/2013 3:48:01 PM
Morbius or Dracula would be awesome. It'd be nice to have a villain in this game that I actually like.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#22FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/30/2013 3:59:59 PM
Jinkininki posted...
I don't think it's hilarious considering half of the Marvel cast, sir. Dracula looks old, boring, cliched, and totally unrelated to anything this game stands for. I mean, he would look okay in a gothic novel or in a 1950s black and white film, but not on an ultra modern, anime-ish game like this one.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100716131108/marveldatabase/images/c/ce/X-Men_Vol_3_1_Textless_Djurdjevic_Variant.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080724220840/marveldatabase/images/c/c2/Vlad_Dracula_%28Earth-616%29_001.jpg

Even if his origins are not exact to the Dracula novel, he's still freakin' DRACULA: the supercliche iconic character not associated with anything this game's art style, Marvel or Capcom represent. Including him over other Marvel vampires would be preposterous considering that the other vampoires at least represent what "Marvel" usually stands for.

Just like Thor is still Thor and Hercules is still Hercules and etc. etc. they still work as characters outside of their original stories. Considering Dracula is by far the most popular vampire in Marvel it's more preposterous to put the others over him.

And yeah, any other Marvel vampire would be better than him moveset-wise, like Jubilee, Morbius or Emplate.

Jubilee, Morbius, and Emplate? You mean two generic vampires and one guy who isn't even really a vampire to begin with?

And even if that was his new default costume, which I doubt, I'm not sure Marvel would include him in that outfit instead of his classic and more well-known duds. And even if they did, he should still stay the hell away from the game, because he will still be DRACULA. His mere presence would be distracting and would undermine the game's art style.

That is his default costume (why is that so hard to believe?). Marvel's really shifty about which costume they put characters in, so classic or current Drac would vary depending on their mood. Yeah, he's Dracula. A Marvel character. Just like Thor. You keep bringing up art style. Why? This game's art style has been able to adapt several other more ridiculous characters into the roster. I really don't see a problem with Dracula.
---
PSN: Alaster_Angelo
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jn7vfYqd1qi7eg5o1_1280.jpg
#23lol_whatPosted 1/30/2013 4:06:17 PM
dio brando

yeah I know capcom doesn't actually own him it would still be awesome
#24Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:15:38 PM(edited)
Those two pictures do look pretty cool, but he still shouldn't be in the game. Marvel has lots of original and stylish characters who don't look like they are straight out of a Boris Karloff film. Do we really need to bring in a cheap knockoff of a cultural icon into this game? Like Marvel doesn't have THOUSANDS of elligible caracters without having to resort to including a character who would look ridiculous in this game.

Thor and Hercules aren't NEARLY as cliched as Dracula would be. Hercules for one is an original Marvel design, although I still would disapprove of him in this game.

Jubilee and Morbius are NOT generic vampires. And it's very funny you call them "generic" while rooting for freakin' DRACULA as a character for this game. As for Emplate, he's more "vampire-like" than an actual vampire.

And I don't think any other character in the game would look as out of place as Dracula would in here. Well, there is Phoenix Wright and Frank West, but we don't need more of THAT.

And he's NOT a Marvel character. All he comes off across is as a cheap, unimaginaitve ripoff. Seriously, Dracula is THE most unimaginative, predictable, cliched, basic, unexciting and stupid character choice when it comes to Marvel vampires. Marvel is NOT a company that produces cheesy horror material. Dracula himself doesn't really fit into the Marvel universe if you ask me.

As for the costumes, well, I did a Google search for Dracula images, and those two images you posted appeared only ONCE in my whole search, while the other one thousand results showed Dracula in his cliched vampire get-up, be it in comics, statues, merchandise or animated series. THAT's why I find it hard to believe that those are his new "default" duds.

And even if they were, he's still DRACULA and should stay the hell away from this game.
#25lol_whatPosted 1/30/2013 4:36:07 PM
I dunno how you can get mad about marvel just stealing dracula when they also just straight up stole thor and hercules
#26FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/30/2013 4:38:19 PM
Jinkininki posted...
Those two pictures do look pretty cool, but he still shouldn't be in the game. Marvel has lots of original and stylish characters who don't look like they are straight out of a Boris Karloff film. Do we really need to bring in a cheap knockoff of a cultural icon into this game? Like Marvel doesn't have THOUSANDS of elligible caracters without having to resort to including a character who would look ridiculous in this game.

Thor and Hercules aren't NEARLY as cliched as Dracula would be. Hercules for one is an original Marvel design, although I still would disapprove of him in this game.

Jubilee and Morbius are NOT generic vampires. And it's very funny you call them "generic" while rooting for freakin' DRACULA as a character for this game. As for Emplate, he's more "vampire-like" than an actual vampire.

And I don't think any other character in the game would look as out of place as Dracula would in here. Well, there is Phoenix Wright and Frank West, but we don't need more of THAT.

And he's NOT a Marvel character. All he comes off across is as a cheap, unimaginaitve ripoff. Seriously, Dracula is THE most unimaginative, predictable, cliched, basic, unexciting and stupid character choice when it comes to Marvel vampires. Marvel is NOT a company that produces cheesy horror material. Dracula himself doesn't really fit into the Marvel universe if you ask me.

As for the costumes, well, I did a Google search for Dracula images, and those two images you posted appeared only ONCE in my whole search, while the other one thousand results showed Dracula in his cliched vampire get-up, be it in comics, statues, merchandise or animated series. THAT's why I find it hard to believe that those are his new "default" duds.

And even if they were, he's still DRACULA and should stay the hell away from this game.

We're talking about vampires only though.

Really? The winged helmets, tough warrior guy, ye olde English isn't cliche to you?

Marvel's Dracula has many things that separate him from his generic vampire offspring. What do Morbius or Jubilee have to offer that separate them from the pack? Fireworks?

Super-Skrull, Shuma-Gorath, Dr. Strange, Firebrand, Nemesis, Viewtiful Joe, Rocket Raccoon, MODOK, Amaterasu. You act like Dracula would be the most out of place in a roster full of guys that would be out of place anywhere else. Not that this matters considering MvC's roster thrives on diversity.

Neither is Thor, Hercules, etc. you know where this point is going. Cheesy horror material? Drac grew out of that in the 80's when he started fighting cosmic warriors and guys with unbreakable adamantium bones. I feel as though you've never really read a comic with Dracula in it. Doesn't fit into the Marvel universe? LOL okay you can't be serious. Nothing doesn't fit into the Marvel universe anymore.

That's been his outfit for a few years now (since around 2010-2011 if I'm not mistaken).
---
#27DarksteelPosted 1/30/2013 4:42:37 PM(edited)
edit: my post is directed at the TC

I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of people disagree with you.

And it's very clear you don't know anything about the character and are basing your opinion off of google image searches and sources from other media outside of Marvel. How the hell do you even know who an obscure villain like Emplate is but are so clueless on Dracula? Random wikipedia find?
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#28Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:48:44 PM
Like I said before, Thor does feel a bit silly to me, but at least he's a young and cool superwarrior with kickass skills. That makes him fit in pretty well into this game. Dracula looks like he belongs in a cheesy 1950s horror flick. Not to mention that's he's so much more iconic and recent and UNRELATED to superheroes than Thor.

Yes, Jubilee has fireworks and Morbius, for once, sucks blood using his palms, rather than fangs. That's pretty unique, sir. And even if they didn't have that they're still ORIGINAL characters with distinctive styles, not ripoffs of the most basic vampire in the history of fiction.

Oh, and none of the characters that you listed are out of place in this game. They fit in this game perfectly well. Dracula wouldn't because he does not look like a fighting game character and because he's a ripoff unrelated to anything that classic Marvel stands for.

And I AM serious, sir. Just because Marvel were silly enough to crowbar him into the Marvel universe doesn't mean he really fits in. Just like Thor. Don't tell me that when you think "Marvel" you think: "Of course! Gothic fiction, vampires and Dracula, the Bram Stoker character!" Please.

lol_what posted...
I dunno how you can get mad about marvel just stealing dracula when they also just straight up stole thor and hercules

Just use your imagination.
#29Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:50:51 PM
Darksteel posted...
edit: my post is directed at the TC

I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of people disagree with you.

What you're saying, sir? You're implying that simply because a couple dudes (who are obviously pretty clueless about what "art style" means) disagree with me, I am wrong about what I am saying? What a narrow line of thought, sir.
#30FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/30/2013 5:04:09 PM(edited)
Jinkininki posted...
Like I said before, Thor does feel a bit silly to me, but at least he's a young and cool superwarrior with kickass skills. That makes him fit in pretty well into this game. Dracula looks like he belongs in a cheesy 1950s horror flick. Not to mention that's he's so much more iconic and recent and UNRELATED to superheroes than Thor.

Dracula is a young and cool super warrior vampire with kickass skills too. Dracula hasn't looked like he belongs in a cheezy 1950's horror flick since 2007. Thor, as well as several of Marvel's characters, are iconic myths that Marvel took under their wing and have adapted to their liking.

Yes, Jubilee has fireworks and Morbius, for once, sucks blood using his palms, rather than fangs. That's pretty unique, sir. And even if they didn't have that they're still ORIGINAL characters with distinctive styles, not ripoffs of the most basic vampire in the history of fiction.

Sucking blood from your palms? Oh boy! That sure beats the plethora of powers Dracula brings to the table. Marvel has adapted Dracula to become much much more than Stoker's book. Sir, if Dracula was a blatant rip-off he wouldn't be conquering Britain with his armada of space vampires while simultaneously running a vampire nation and trying to keep up relations with the world.

Oh, and none of the characters that you listed are out of place in this game. They fit in this game perfectly well. Dracula wouldn't because he does not look like a fighting game character and because he's a ripoff unrelated to anything that classic Marvel stands for.

None of them are out of place because they're all out of place, sir. Dracula looks like a fighting game character about as much as Dr. Strange on his worst day.

And I AM serious, sir. Just because Marvel were silly enough to crowbar him into the Marvel universe doesn't mean he really fits in. Just like Thor. Don't tell me that when you think "Marvel" you think: "Of course! Gothic fiction, vampires and Dracula, the Bram Stoker character!" Please.

Omnipotent beings, cosmic conquerers, horrors that feed off of your nightmares, tentacle monsters, a guy who can recreate a universe with his shoelaces, a giant in a purple leotard who eats planets, pantheons of gods simultaneously existing, magic users out the wazoo, and Dracula is the one you tell me doesn't fit in? Sir, when you think "Marvel" you should be thinking "Anything's possible."
---