Since this game is still lacking a vampire...

#31christiankid7Posted 1/30/2013 5:11:08 PM
I'd rather get Blade or Dmitri than Dracula or Morbius, IMO.
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#32Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:19:39 PM(edited)
At FireflyV_One:

Nope, Dracula's not a young and supercool warrior with kickass skills. He's a cheesy ripoff who would look silly in this game. You say he hasn't looked like that since 2007 (so long ago!!), but even if he did look like the two pictures you posted, he would still be Dracula, a character completely unrelated to Marvel whose presence would be distracting from the game's art style.

Maybe Morbius doesn't have a wider range of powers than Dracula, but he's still not a total ripoff who would feel out of place in this game, like Dracula would. Yes, Dracula IS a blatant rip-off, sir. Just because they made him took over Britain with aliens doesn't mean he's still DRACULA, the Bram Stoker character. He looks like Dracula, acts like Dracula, has a backstory that is basically the same story as Dracula and.... oh wait, he's NAMED Dracula! And again, just because they crowbar him into the Marvel universe doesn't mean he fits in. The idea of him leading aliens to conquer Britain sounds more stupid than entertaining to me.

And nope, none of those characters are out of place in this game. Dracula would, because he doesn't look or act like a fighting game caracter, and because he's not even a Marvel character.

And yep, Dracula is the on who doesn't fit in, sir. All those characters you described fit in perfectly well as fighting game characters. And excuse me, sir, just because Marvel has variety it doesn't mean they don't have a very well-defined trademark art style. "Diversity" is one thing, and "not fitting in" is another, sir. Learn the difference.

To end this post, I will try to explain it to you in other, more simple words: Dracula would feel like a guest character. He will NEVER feel like a Marvel character. Why would you bring an overcliched popular domain character into this game when you could bring a unique character who actually adds some personality to the game?

In his corny 1950s duds, Dracula would not fit in, and even if they used his modern costumes, he would STILL not fit in. Because he's DRACULA. Hello?
#33FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/30/2013 5:42:51 PM
Jinkininki posted...
At FireflyV_One:

Nope, Dracula's not a young and supercool warrior with kickass skills. He's a cheesy ripoff who would look silly in this game. You say he hasn't looked like that since 2007 (so long ago!!), but even if he did look like the two pictures you posted, he would still be Dracula, a character completely unrelated to Marvel whose presence would be distracting from the game's art style.

You've never read a Dracula comic so how do you know? He developed past Bram Stoker a while ago and now has an extremely diverse moveset. He's a Marvel character, how is he unrelated to Marvel? He doesn't look any more ridiculous than most of the characters in this game.

Maybe Morbius doesn't have a wider range of powers than Dracula, but he's still not a total ripoff who would feel out of place in this game, like Dracula would. Yes, Dracula IS a blatant rip-off, sir. Just because they made him took over Britain with aliens doesn't mean he's still DRACULA, the Bram Stoker character. He looks like Dracula, acts like Dracula, has a backstory that is basically the same story as Dracula and.... oh wait, he's NAMED Dracula! And again, just because they crowbar him into the Marvel universe doesn't mean he fits in. The idea of him leading aliens to conquer Britain sounds more stupid than entertaining to me.

You keep coming back to the same point despite the fact that it's wrong. I feel like you're only reading half of what I'm typing. Dracula is about as much of a ripoff as Thor or Hercules. Have you ever picked up a comic book in your life? He fits into the Marvel universe, the fact that you're arguing that when so much more ridiculous stuff exists there is laughable.

And nope, none of those characters are out of place in this game. Dracula would, because he doesn't look or act like a fighting game caracter, and because he's not even a Marvel character.

They all fit in because the roster is so diverse. Sir, Marvel's Dracula is a Marvel character. He looks and acts like a fighting game character as much as Dr. Strange, who was adapted rather well.

And yep, Dracula is the on who doesn't fit in, sir. All those characters you described fit in perfectly well as fighting game characters. And excuse me, sir, just because Marvel has variety it doesn't mean they don't have a very well-defined trademark art style. "Diversity" is one thing, and "not fitting in" is another, sir. Learn the difference.

Sir, when the roster is this diverse somebody like Dracula is not going to be out of place.

To end this post, I will try to explain it to you in other, more simple words: Dracula would feel like a guest character. He will NEVER feel like a Marvel character. Why would you bring an overcliched popular domain character into this game when you could bring a unique character who actually adds some personality to the game?

In his corny 1950s duds, Dracula would not fit in, and even if they used his modern costumes, he would STILL not fit in. Because he's DRACULA. Hello?

Because Marvel's Dracula actually has a personality outside of what Bram Stoker wrote? Marvel's Dracula was written by Marvel, so he is a Marvel character just as much as Thor is.
---
PSN: Alaster_Angelo
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jn7vfYqd1qi7eg5o1_1280.jpg
#34DarksteelPosted 1/30/2013 5:45:59 PM
Alright I'm done here. It's pretty clear this guy be trolling up a storm and laughing his ass off over there
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#35FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/30/2013 5:49:53 PM
Darksteel posted...
Alright I'm done here. It's pretty clear this guy be trolling up a storm and laughing his ass off over there

I just thought he was dense.
---
PSN: Alaster_Angelo
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jn7vfYqd1qi7eg5o1_1280.jpg
#36MegamanRockX2Posted 1/30/2013 5:50:15 PM
How about Demitri
---
CombaticusXY: Obama just won, Vajra and then an OTG confirm off of Ohio
#37Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:52:58 PM
You've never read a Dracula comic so how do you know? He developed past Bram Stoker a while ago and now has an extremely diverse moveset. He's a Marvel character, how is he unrelated to Marvel? He doesn't look any more ridiculous than most of the characters in this game.

It's called "internet research." I've read several pages of dracula comic as we spoke. And yes, all I can see is the same character as Bram Stoker's character, only that thrown into a context he doesn't fit into.

And he's not a Marvel character. And it's not about being ridiculous, it's about not fitting the game's art style.

You keep coming back to the same point despite the fact that it's wrong. I feel like you're only reading half of what I'm typing. Dracula is about as much of a ripoff as Thor or Hercules. Have you ever picked up a comic book in your life? He fits into the Marvel universe, the fact that you're arguing that when so much more ridiculous stuff exists there is laughable.

Sir, I think the fact that you're arguing that Dracula is not a rip-off is even more laughable. I mean, seriously, have you even read what you're saying?
And no, he doesn't fit into the Marvel universe AT ALL.

They all fit in because the roster is so diverse. Sir, Marvel's Dracula is a Marvel character. He looks and acts like a fighting game character as much as Dr. Strange, who was adapted rather well.

Nope, he's not a Marvel character. And Dr. Strange fits in MUCH better than Dracula. He pulls off the "spellcaster" role, while Dracula looks like he should stay in 1950s horror films. Oh, and Strange is not a rip-off completely unrelated to anything Marvel is all about.

Sir, when the roster is this diverse somebody like Dracula is not going to be out of place.

I respectfully disagree, sir. He would be humongously out of place in this game, as much as Frank West and Phoenix Wright.

Because Marvel's Dracula actually has a personality outside of what Bram Stoker wrote? Marvel's Dracula was written by Marvel, so he is a Marvel character just as much as Thor is.

I don't think Dracula will EVER be able to transcend the "ripoff" barrier like Thor did, simply because Dracula is like 10 times more iconic than Thor is... and because he looks IDENTICAL to Bram Stoker's character.
#38askinywhiteguyPosted 1/30/2013 5:52:59 PM
MegamanRockX2 posted...
How about Demitri

Creating 50+ alternate character models specifically for Midnight Bliss would be a huge pain in the ass.

In fact, that's more than likely the reason they didn't use him in the first place.
---
-I will always, ALWAYS, main Felicia. DEAL WITH IT!-
"The pleasure of a dream, is that it's a fantasy. If it happens, it was never a dream." - FMA
#39Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:54:17 PM
Darksteel posted...

Ah, yes. It's the good old "he doesn't agree with me, therefore I'll cheaply accuse him of trolling." Get an imagination.
#40Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:55:08 PM
MegamanRockX2 posted...
How about Demitri

Demitri would be awesome, if only just for seeing how they would pull off Midnight Bliss.