Since this game is still lacking a vampire...

#41FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/30/2013 7:01:58 PM
Jinkininki posted...
It's called "internet research." I've read several pages of dracula comic as we spoke. And yes, all I can see is the same character as Bram Stoker's character, only that thrown into a context he doesn't fit into.

Thrown into a context Stoker's Dracula didn't fit into but, like Thor, Marvel fans have come to accept Marvel's Dracula as a part of the Marvel Universe over time. Something you obviously need to do as well.

He is a Marvel character. And he would fit into the game's art style like so many other, more diverse characters have.

Sir, I think the fact that you're arguing that Dracula is not a rip-off is even more laughable. I mean, seriously, have you even read what you're saying?
And no, he doesn't fit into the Marvel universe AT ALL.

I think I'm just going to ignore everything from this point considering you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Nope, he's not a Marvel character. And Dr. Strange fits in MUCH better than Dracula. He pulls off the "spellcaster" role, while Dracula looks like he should stay in 1950s horror films. Oh, and Strange is not a rip-off completely unrelated to anything Marvel is all about.

Dracula is also a spellcaster type character. You seem to be obsessed with Dracula's 90's wear when he has much more updated looks. Thor is a "rip-off" but he fits into Marvel just fine as I've said countless times before.

I respectfully disagree, sir. He would be humongously out of place in this game, as much as Frank West and Phoenix Wright.

I respect your opinion, sir, but Frank and Wright are widely accepted into the game despite the fact that Frank is rather mundane and Wright can't even fight. Dracula is going to fit right in.

I don't think Dracula will EVER be able to transcend the "ripoff" barrier like Thor did, simply because Dracula is like 10 times more iconic than Thor is... and because he looks IDENTICAL to Bram Stoker's character.

By your standards I'm surprised you admit Thor transcended the rip-off barrier. Marvel's Dracula has become his own character, like Alucard from Hellsing or Dracula from Castlevania. And he doesn't look like anything remotely like Bram Stoker's Dracula anymore.
---
PSN: Alaster_Angelo
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jn7vfYqd1qi7eg5o1_1280.jpg
#42Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:11:59 PM(edited)
Thrown into a context Stoker's Dracula didn't fit into but, like Thor, Marvel fans have come to accept Marvel's Dracula as a part of the Marvel Universe over time. Something you obviously need to do as well.

He is a Marvel character. And he would fit into the game's art style like so many other, more diverse characters have.

I don't think that's something I "need" to do. Because I simply don't think he fits into the Marvel universe. That's all. He was lifted from 1950s horror flicks back when they were cool, but he ended up just looking ridiculous. Is all.

He's not a Marvel character. And he wouldn't fit into the game at all.

I think I'm just going to ignore everything from this point considering you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Right.

Dracula is also a spellcaster type character. You seem to be obsessed with Dracula's 90's wear when he has much more updated looks. Thor is a "rip-off" but he fits into Marvel just fine as I've said countless times before.

Yeah, but Dracula wouldn't fit into this game. He would forever feel out of place, like a guest character. Because he's SO much more iconic than Thor. And like I've also said, I always felt Thor felt awkward in the Marvel universe.

I respect your opinion, sir, but Frank and Wright are widely accepted into the game despite the fact that Frank is rather mundane and Wright can't even fight. Dracula is going to fit right in.

"Being widely accepted" has got nothing to do with it. Wright and West do NOT fit into the game's art style, hence why they feel like "comedic" characters. If you're saying that because they're "accepted" tat automatically means that they fit into the game's art style, then you're in for a logical fallacy, sir, and need to research what "art style" means.

Dracula would be humongously out of place here.

By your standards I'm surprised you admit Thor transcended the rip-off barrier. Marvel's Dracula has become his own character, like Alucard from Hellsing or Dracula from Castlevania. And he doesn't look like anything remotely like Bram Stoker's Dracula anymore.

Because Thor is an old character from centuries ago. Dracula is a pulp icon. So much more present, so much more cliched. The Marvel design being identical to the original Dracula doesn't help. Face it, he's 100% ripoff. Heck, Thor's still a gray area to me.

And looking anymore's got nothing to do with it. He's still Dracula, a guest character who doesn't fit in the art style of the game. We don't need any more of that, oh no, sir.
#43FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/30/2013 7:41:39 PM
Jinkininki posted...
I don't think that's something I "need" to do. Because I simply don't think he fits into the Marvel universe. That's all. He was lifted from 1950s horror flicks back when they were cool, but he ended up just looking ridiculous. Is all.

He's not a Marvel character. And he wouldn't fit into the game at all.

Then that's your opinion, an opinion formed without context or solid basis, but still an opinion. He is a Marvel character, however. And I believe he would be a good fit for this game.

Yeah, but Dracula wouldn't fit into this game. He would forever feel out of place, like a guest character. Because he's SO much more iconic than Thor. And like I've also said, I always felt Thor felt awkward in the Marvel universe.

I'm amazed you think Thor and Dracula feel awkward in a universe like Marvel. Marvel's Dracula at this point is different from Dracula, but is still Dracula. He fits in the Marvel universe because he grew his own lore and expanded similar to other Dracula incarnations. Anybody who thinks he'd be out of place in this game is a fault of the player not knowing about the character.

"Being widely accepted" has got nothing to do with it. Wright and West do NOT fit into the game's art style, hence why they feel like "comedic" characters. If you're saying that because they're "accepted" that automatically means that they fit into the game's art style, then you're in for a logical fallacy, sir, and need to research what "art style" means.

Dracula would be humongously out of place here.

I really don't understand why you would think Dracula would feel out of place in the art even if he were to wear his old attire.

Because Thor is an old character from centuries ago. Dracula is a pulp icon. So much more present, so much more cliched. The Marvel design being identical to the original Dracula doesn't help. Face it, he's 100% ripoff. Heck, Thor's still a gray area to me.

And looking anymore's got nothing to do with it. He's still Dracula, a guest character who doesn't fit in the art style of the game. We don't need any more of that, oh no, sir.

The Marvel design isn't identical to the original Dracula. He's established his own character with his own powers and isn't a direct ripoff, he's an adaptation, like Thor or Hercules as I've said time and time again.

Sir, what I say just goes in one ear and out the other, doesn't it?
---
#44Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 7:49:47 PM
Then that's your opinion, an opinion formed without context or solid basis, but still an opinion. He is a Marvel character, however. And I believe he would be a good fit for this game.

My opinion is formed with very solid basis. He's not a Marvel character.

I'm amazed you think Thor and Dracula feel awkward in a universe like Marvel. Marvel's Dracula at this point is different from Dracula, but is still Dracula. He fits in the Marvel universe because he grew his own lore and expanded similar to other Dracula incarnations. Anybody who thinks he'd be out of place in this game is a fault of the player not knowing about the character.

I don't agree, sir. It's a visual and conceptual design thing. How would you feel if they threw Jedi knights into The Lord of the Rings?

I really don't understand why you would think Dracula would feel out of place in the art even if he were to wear his old attire.

Because you don't seem to have a very firm grasp on what "art style" means, sir.

The Marvel design isn't identical to the original Dracula. He's established his own character with his own powers and isn't a direct ripoff, he's an adaptation, like Thor or Hercules as I've said time and time again.

Sir, what I say just goes in one ear and out the other, doesn't it?

Nope, he's a ripoff. And it does not, sir.
#45christiankid7Posted 1/30/2013 8:28:17 PM
askinywhiteguy posted...
MegamanRockX2 posted...
How about Demitri

Creating 50+ alternate character models specifically for Midnight Bliss would be a huge pain in the ass.

In fact, that's more than likely the reason they didn't use him in the first place.

True. in fact that was the reason.
there are so many references they could have made, though...

Captain America>American Dream
Spider-man>Spider-Girl
Thor>Thor Girl
Hulk>Banner?
Hawkeye>Kate Bishop
Ghost Rider>Alejandra (Female Ghost Rider)
She-Hulk>Jennifer Walters
Wolverine>Wild Thing
Deadpool> Lady Deadpool
Nova>Samaya or Suki
Taskmaster>Finesse/Echo/Deadpool MAX Female Tasky
Doom>Cynthia Von Doom
Super-Skrull>Invisible Woman/Female Skrull
Phoenix>Marvel Girl
Magneto>Magneta
Dormammu>Umar
Iron Man>Rescue
Dr. Strange>Dr Strange 2099
Sentinel>Prime Sentinel
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#46FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/30/2013 8:30:32 PM
Jinkininki posted...
My opinion is formed with very solid basis. He's not a Marvel character.

Yes, "I've looked at a few Dracula comic pictures on the internet" is a very solid basis, how foolish of me! He's a Marvel character.

I don't agree, sir. It's a visual and conceptual design thing. How would you feel if they threw Jedi knights into The Lord of the Rings?

The thing is, LotR has a more linear character pool with Orcs and Wizards and stuff so of course Jedis would feel out of place. But in a universe like Marvel, where ancient pharaohs try to conquer Earth, Lovecraftian horrors lurk around every corner, aliens invade every day, and gods walk among people something like vampires and Dracula are commonplace.

Because you don't seem to have a very firm grasp on what "art style" means, sir.

Or maybe because you refuse to explain it well.

Nope, he's a ripoff. And it does not, sir.

He's not. And I'm pretty sure it does.
---
#47Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:52:34 AM
Yes, "I've looked at a few Dracula comic pictures on the internet" is a very solid basis, how foolish of me! He's a Marvel character.

Yep, that's a solid basis to back up my opinion, sir. Imagine if someone told me that Godot from Ace Atorney would fit in very well in this game. It would only take me 2 minutes in Google and Wikipedia to tell you that absolutely NOT, he would NOT fit in with the art style of this game. Just like with Dracula.

And he's not a Marvel character.

The thing is, LotR has a more linear character pool with Orcs and Wizards and stuff so of course Jedis would feel out of place. But in a universe like Marvel, where ancient pharaohs try to conquer Earth, Lovecraftian horrors lurk around every corner, aliens invade every day, and gods walk among people something like vampires and Dracula are commonplace.

It's not just being a vampire. It's being Dracula, a ripoff of quite posibly the biggest pulp icon in the world. He doesn't feel like a Marvel character, and he most certainly does NOT look the look, because he looks like a cheesy 1950s vampire. He's so out of place it is laugable.

Or maybe because you refuse to explain it well.

I don't recall ever explaining it in this thread, and I didn't come here to give you an art class. You do some research.

He's not. And I'm pretty sure it does.

He's THE most blatant ripoff I've seen to come out of Marvel. The fact that you seem so dead serious about denying this obvious fact is certainly not helping your credibility, sir.
#48NicodaemosPosted 1/31/2013 7:23:52 AM
So say there was a Konami vs Capcom game in the works, would you say that Dracula shouldn't appear in the Konami roster?

After all, Dracula isn't a Konami character.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#49Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:28:42 AM
Nicodaemos posted...
So say there was a Konami vs Capcom game in the works, would you say that Dracula shouldn't appear in the Konami roster?

You know, I'd actually prefer it if he didn't. We could be just fine with just having the Belmonts. That Dracula would look just as cheesy and out of place, and would be a waste of a character slot.
#50BlueMage02Posted 1/31/2013 10:12:41 AM
Jinkininki posted...
Nicodaemos posted...

You know, I'd actually prefer it if he didn't. We could be just fine with just having the Belmonts. That Dracula would look just as cheesy and out of place, and would be a waste of a character slot.

.........What? You can't be serious now... You just can't. <_<
---
PSN:BlueXMage XBL:jfellipe
UMVC3: Ghost Rider/Morrigan/Phoenix