Since this game is still lacking a vampire...

#51Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:28:58 AM
BlueMage02 posted...
Jinkininki posted...
Nicodaemos posted...
So say there was a Konami vs Capcom game in the works, would you say that Dracula shouldn't appear in the Konami roster?

After all, Dracula isn't a Konami character.

You know, I'd actually prefer it if he didn't. We could be just fine with just having the Belmonts. That Dracula would look just as cheesy and out of place, and would be a waste of a character slot.

.........What? You can't be serious now... You just can't. <_<

Yes, I can, sir. And I am.
#52IarumasManPosted 1/31/2013 11:09:03 AM
By TC's definitions of "a character with the same name as another character of the same type is a rip-off despite other developments to make their own", these characters shouldn't be in the game either:

Arthur: Rip off of King Arthur.
Chris: Rip-off of any guy named Chris who served in the Air Force who eventually got into local law enforcement.
DMC trio: Rip-off of the Divine Comedy.

Honestly, if your only basis for saying a character doesn't belong because he's based on another character despite developing as a character all their own then I think you have more time in your hands than should be necessary.
#53Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:22:43 PM
IarumasMan posted...
By TC's definitions of "a character with the same name as another character of the same type is a rip-off despite other developments to make their own", these characters shouldn't be in the game either:

Arthur: Rip off of King Arthur.
Chris: Rip-off of any guy named Chris who served in the Air Force who eventually got into local law enforcement.
DMC trio: Rip-off of the Divine Comedy.

Honestly, if your only basis for saying a character doesn't belong because he's based on another character despite developing as a character all their own then I think you have more time in your hands than should be necessary.

Marvel's Dracula is NOT based on Dracula. He IS Dracula. Yeah, they might have him do stuff that he didn't do in the book, but that doesn't change a thing. He looks like Dracula. He acts like Dracula. He IS Dracula, from an artistic point of view. And that's why he wouldn't fit into the game.

Plus, the Devil May Cry characters have little to NOTHING to do with the Divine Comedy, besides naming. Chris, while generic, is not a ripoff. As for Arthur, I've always thought that he's incredibly lame as a character, but however generic he is, he is not THE King Arthur. Where is his Excalibur? Where is his back story? He's merely inspired by Arthurian myths, not a downright ripoff, like Dracula is.
#54Buck_SwagglerPosted 1/31/2013 12:46:37 PM
Dracula could be like Marvel's Jedah, but cooler.
---
julbull73 - Ahh message boards: Here's my opinion and why. Insert logical reasoning
Response:Your opinion is wrong.
#55hyperskate65Posted 1/31/2013 12:48:10 PM
If we get a vampire anytime soon, it would be Morbius.

Most popular Marvel Vamp? Probably.
He also just had a new series start in the Marvel Now! line.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#56NicodaemosPosted 1/31/2013 1:51:35 PM
That Dracula would look just as cheesy and out of place, and would be a waste of a character slot.

Cheesy? Standing next to this man?

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/simonbelmont2.gif
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#57Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:28:55 PM
Nicodaemos posted...
That Dracula would look just as cheesy and out of place, and would be a waste of a character slot.

Cheesy? Standing next to this man?

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/simonbelmont2.gif

Well, they're both are cheesy, but in different, non-fitting ways. I've always felt that the Castlevania heroes looked AEONS cooler than Dracula. Plus, that's not Simon's most iconic outfit.
#58DarksteelPosted 1/31/2013 2:51:37 PM
Summary of this topic:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu30paPtoz1r2u3uj.gif
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#59FireflyV_ONEPosted 1/31/2013 3:01:49 PM
Jinkininki posted...
Yep, that's a solid basis to back up my opinion, sir. Imagine if someone told me that Godot from Ace Atorney would fit in very well in this game. It would only take me 2 minutes in Google and Wikipedia to tell you that absolutely NOT, he would NOT fit in with the art style of this game. Just like with Dracula.

I wonder why I even bother arguing with somebody who doesn't even know what he's talking about.

And he's a Marvel character.

It's not just being a vampire. It's being Dracula, a ripoff of quite posibly the biggest pulp icon in the world. He doesn't feel like a Marvel character, and he most certainly does NOT look the look, because he looks like a cheesy 1950s vampire. He's so out of place it is laugable.

You haven't even read a Dracula comic, what the hell do you know?

I don't recall ever explaining it in this thread, and I didn't come here to give you an art class. You do some research.

I will once you've actually read a comic with Dracula in it.

He's THE most blatant ripoff I've seen to come out of Marvel. The fact that you seem so dead serious about denying this obvious fact is certainly not helping your credibility, sir.

My credibility? You've admitted you don't know what you're talking about.
---
PSN: Alaster_Angelo
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6jn7vfYqd1qi7eg5o1_1280.jpg
#60Jinkininki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:17:22 PM
At Firefly:

I wonder why I even bother arguing with somebody who doesn't even know what he's talking about.

My, my. At a loss for words for a reasonable answer to my arguments?

And he's not a Marvel character.

You haven't even read a Dracula comic, what the hell do you know?

I know exactly what I said in my post.

I will once you've actually read a comic with Dracula in it.

Uh-huh...

My credibility? You've admitted you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't think I ever did that, sir.

Oh, and Dracula sucks blood.