Just started the game, should I regret it?

#11DarkJediMike(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:42:45 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys, I'm not giving up :)

But as I'm watching tournament vids from evo 2012 I've got some questions for you:

1- Is there any infinites in the game? I saw a Zero demolishing another player with a diagonal dive in the corner, and the other didn't seem to be able to get out of it.

2- Following the first, is there any possible way to get out of a combo? Like Burst in Blazblue?

3- Finally, I plan on taking Iron Fist and maybe Zero as a team. Which third would you recommend to complete it?

Thanks again!
#12Neowulf13Posted 1/30/2013 5:03:56 PM
DarkJediMike posted...
Thanks for all the tips guys, I'm not giving up :)

But as I'm watching tournament vids from evo 2012 I've got some questions for you:

1- Is there any infinites in the game? I saw a Zero demolishing another player with a diagonal dive in the corner, and the other didn't seem to be able to get out of it.

2- Following the first, is there any possible way to get out of a combo? Like Burst in Blazblue?

3- Finally, I plan on taking Iron Fist and maybe Zero as a team. Which third would you recommend to complete it?

Thanks again!

1. Those were Lightning Loops, and it's not an infinite (at least i don't think people consider LL's an infinite).
There are infinites that can be done from TACs, but you will rarely - if ever - see them online, so you don't have to worry about them too much.

2. No (unless your opponent drops their combo)

3. Iron Fist and Zero in the same team doesn't really work. Both need a team built around them. Make one team with Iron Fist, and another separate team with Zero if you really want to use them.
---
UMvC3: Team "Red Zone" : Joe/Hawkeye/Doom
^_^
#13MMX377Posted 1/30/2013 7:10:38 PM

Some special moves don't, others do. TAC infinite is what you can't get out of it. Even X-Factor can do with certain special moves. For example, Wolverine. To use X-Factor, Wolverine does Berserker Barrage M often until the opponent is down. Depends on how hard or easy anyone uses.

See above. No escape. Only in this game mechanic/game play. If your player drop combo, here's your chance! Don't take such risk if you are forcing to fight back. Otherwise, you may underestimate him/her. Just play smart and keep your cool down during the match.

I... I don't know... but I think you better check Marvel and Capcom character and play them if they are good fit/recommend for you.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#14djprofessork1Posted 1/30/2013 7:16:25 PM
You dont need long combos. Pick easy characters like Wolverine, Captain america, Hulk, Sentinel, Nova, etc, they all have very easy combos that do good damage.

Dont focus on combos. Just learn basic ones and go from there, because learning how to land hits & learning good defense is way more important than learning a long combo.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#15EVIL CAP AMERICAPosted 1/30/2013 7:37:32 PM
This depends

Is the long combo hate because you dont think you can DO them and are hoping theres a shortcut to avoid learning a basic aspect of the game?
---
The [OSMBV] Harbinger of Newbie Death and MODOK Avenger of GameFAQs
Reigning Sorcerer Supreme of the GameFAQs dimension
#16Omega_PyroPosted 1/31/2013 2:45:57 AM
Darksteel posted...
Just learn how to play like a pelican and win

Poo > Pelican

On Topic, as someone who''s gone from bad to okay...

Learn the REALLY basic combos.

Practice a lot.

Look through characters. Really, try everyone. Even people you don't like. I never used to like Doom in the old games so I overlooked him. That has changed as he's now on every team I make.

Work on a team. Who goes with who? Do I need to be covered here? Does this assist cover me? What am I missing?

Learn the GOOD combos.

Still practice.

Practice.

Lose a lot.

Practice.

Lose a little less.

Practice.

Now you've reached the last step. Realize you have no idea what you're doing. Rework everything. PRACTICE. Start going positive for wins.
---
"My plans are always practical! It's the laws of physics that get in the way of my success." - Red Mage
#17CBZ652Posted 1/31/2013 6:23:11 PM
Don't get too scared by combos. Most of the cast can do respectable damage with a simple L, M, H, S, super jump, M, M, H, S. It's 8 button presses and about 75% of the roster can do it. Once you have that down, you can start adding in some other, flashier stuff, like OTGs, hyper combos, X Factor cancels, etc.

With a single bar of special meter, you can easily get a hit confirmed, ranged combo with Deadpool and Arthur by summoning Art assist (Dagger Toss), Trigger Happy L, Trigger Happy L, Happy Happy Trigger. That's 103 hits for VERY little effort. Big numbers in combos don't really mean all that much.
---
A candle loses nothing by lighting another
#18txbullyPosted 1/31/2013 6:29:08 PM
well, you could spa......I MEAN ZONE, I mean zone. everybody heard me, i said zone.
---
GT: stonefaceCal
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.