To all people who only pick high tier

#1ssmirokuPosted 2/2/2013 12:12:21 AM
Could capcom add any character that would make you a character loyalist? Even if it meant wading in the bottom tier? You could still have any other two characters in the team.
---
poke diamond FC Kira: 1976 7397 8282
PSN- ssmoomix
#2PinkPikachuPosted 2/2/2013 12:17:51 AM
what if i happen to like vergil because hes so cool
---
PSN: Tron_Carter
#3ssmiroku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:18:56 AM
then you say virgil. But now he is bottom tier in this make believe world
---
PSN- ssmoomix
#4NoJobBobPosted 2/2/2013 12:19:23 AM
if you play bottom tier you're either a casual or doing it wrong
#5ssmiroku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:23:59 AM
And your answer would be "no"
---
PSN- ssmoomix
#6kikookPosted 2/2/2013 12:30:59 AM
ssmiroku posted...
Could capcom add any character that would make you a character loyalist? Even if it meant wading in the bottom tier? You could still have any other two characters in the team.

First off, all teams in Marvel is cheap, some are just cheaper. Secondly, yes, I'd replace Wesker if they added Gambit, Cyclops, and Nero. I wouldn't change Vergil no matter who's added, even if he became garbage tier. That said, I'm already a character loyalist in Marvel anyway.
#7NoJobBobPosted 2/2/2013 12:31:56 AM
kikook posted...
ssmiroku posted...

First off, all teams in Marvel is cheap, some are just cheaper. Secondly, yes, I'd replace Wesker if they added Gambit, Cyclops, and Nero. I wouldn't change Vergil no matter who's added, even if he became garbage tier. That said, I'm already a character loyalist in Marvel anyway.

not they really arent
#8thedarksunPosted 2/2/2013 12:33:58 AM
It's not about being a tier whore or not, it's about whether or not you enjoy the play style of the character OR require specific characters to help boost that character's performance through DHCs/TACs/THCs/Assists/etc

Honestly, the main reason why some people wouldn't pick their favourite characters is because the play styles of said characters don't resonate with them.

For example, I'm a long time Megaman X fan, it was actually the very first video game that I have ever played, and so when I found out Zero was in this game [My second favourite character, right next to X] I really wanted to play him. Unfortunately, even at this point I have issues trying to figure out how to maneuver with him, but I'm working on figuring out how to use him.

With that said, I don't mind playing low tier characters as long as they are fun for me to play OR I'm comfortable with how they play, unfortunately, none of the low tiers really resonate with me in this game [be it play style or aesthetics] so I simply choose not to use them.
#9NoJobBobPosted 2/2/2013 12:35:18 AM
low tier in general are boring in this game for the same reason they were in mvc2. they lack options
#10Alom_o_molaPosted 2/2/2013 12:39:39 AM
it doesn't matter if theyre a tier whore or not.
they're using that character, there's nothing you can do about it.
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3