To all people who only pick high tier

#11lol_whatPosted 2/2/2013 2:23:11 AM(edited)
I picked vergil and vanillia phoenix/dante because I like them

deal/ w it
#12Y-I-K-E-SPosted 2/2/2013 3:09:13 AM
Sometimes I want the damage to match the effort of the combo
---
PSN Y-I-K-E-S
#13Killarock404Posted 2/2/2013 3:27:36 AM(edited)
Well Vergil is pretty much the reason i bought UMvC3 so i just made a team that maximizes his potential. The only character i play regularly that i just picked up because the overall better compatibility with my team would be Magneto. I originally played storm and wanted to learn magneto, but didn't have the patience for it.

As for a character they could add. Yasha from Asura's Wrath, almost any powerstone character, and maybe hayato from plasma sword.
#14MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/2/2013 3:15:19 AM
Except I play the characters I like...

Zero is my second favorite character in this game behind Viewtiful Joe. And Taskmaster is the character I have the most fun playing.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#15ssupermario92Posted 2/2/2013 3:24:03 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Except I play the characters I like...

and my favorite characters happen to be Steve Rogers, Hsien-ko, and Tron. I pick what i like and stick w/ it.

Some peeps may just like a character that happens to be top tier (I liked Honda in SF4 then found out he was A or B tier in that game, didn't deter me away from him after the nerfs in the updates)
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 43 PM if you think so as well Latest person who agrees: RazorSharp02
#16SolidAbyssPosted 2/2/2013 3:28:52 AM
My favorite 2 characters in this game is Frank and Dante. Just to happen they are BFF and high tier. I'd still play them even if they get nerfed badly.

Spiderman Is my favorite marvel hero so I'm enjoying him for now.

Viewtiful Joe got dropped from my team due to synergy problem sadly.
---
PSN: SolidAbyss
3ds friend code: 1204-0001-5868
#17rossguy123Posted 2/2/2013 5:58:14 AM
I'll put it like this. I ignore tiers, because I pick my characters before an official tier list appears. In vanilla, I was using Zero, Tron, Doom, She Hulk and Taskmaster, until Shuma Gorath came out. I became loyal to Shuma, since I was a fan of him, and I liked his playstyle. In ultimate I wanted to add strider and Raccoon to the team, and I like how good they turned out together. Then I searched the Tier list and... yeah.

It's always the case with every fighting game I play. Gen in SF4, Hakumen in Vanilla Blazblue etc.

Tier list makes the characters look bad, but if you ignore it and just use whoever you was kicking butt with, you'll do fine.
---
Shuma, Raccoon/MODOK, Strider//// Shuma, Firebrand, Sentinel
#18DuuuDe14Posted 2/2/2013 7:55:49 AM
Sig
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#19RoccoRedPosted 2/2/2013 9:16:59 AM
Only got this game for Amaterasu. I use her in every team I made. I just happened to use some high/top tiers because I can sync well with them and they are fun. :P
---
Xbox: KeroTenu
PSN: Omagiri_Dragon
#20loffterPosted 2/2/2013 9:22:52 AM
My mains are pretty much all bottom tier anyways, though I do have a top tier team or two. I've been loyal to thor since nilla Marvel, I just like his playstyle though I could give 2 craps about the character. I swore I would be loyal to phoenix wright but...uh, well. you know. I also swore I would play Virgil because I love that sword technique he uses (Hibiki <3, gimme CvS3!) but I havnt gotten around to it yet.

I dunno, I am fairly satisfied with Nemmy.
---
Also, I can kill you with my brain. ~ River
*Black2 3311-3541-1257