New to fighting games, should I buy this?

#1XeedragonPosted 2/2/2013 8:40:06 AM
I'm thinking of buying this for the Vita.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#2Strider HienPosted 2/2/2013 8:51:26 AM
The Vita Version is great.Practice Mode on the go....
Aside from that,it's ragequitter city.The game actually made drop the Vita for a while.

Console is the way to go to appreciate the game.
---
Defender of Justice.Destroyer of Evil.Eternal Goody 2 shoes and friendly rival to everyone I encounter.PSN:DJSTRIDER
#3SquekyduckquackPosted 2/2/2013 9:00:27 AM
Yes, if you're willing to take the time to learn the games mechanics and understand it fully. I wouldn't personally recommend the Vita version but if its all you have then its fine, it doesn't play any different the online is just BLEHHHH on the Vita
---
GT: xBroviet Russia
UMVC3 Teams: A: Nova / Frank West / Vergil B:Nova / Spencer / Doctor Strange C: Phoenix Wright / Dante / Vergil
#4Xeedragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:31:09 AM
Need more opinions, bump.
---
Fan testimonials: Virtue777: Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Xeedragon/boards
Kewldude475: You...hav(e)...unfathomable skill.
#5Rasen543Posted 2/3/2013 7:32:10 AM
What both of them said.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#6sadiq2010Posted 2/3/2013 7:44:13 AM
Xeedragon

just wait for the third version of marvel vs capcom 3 before summer 2013, when it will be announced and then buy the game.

with total more of cthe characters roster, don't buy the game just now, just wait like i said before.
#7GyudonKillerPosted 2/3/2013 8:00:15 AM
This is one of those games that's easy to pick up and learn, but hard to master. Personally same thing goes for Peraona 4 Arena. The mechanic is simple enough and fun to play, but be aware because this is also one of the most frustrating games at times.
---
XBL:GyudonKiller
UMvC3:Skrull/Spencer/Strange, SSFIVAE:Chun/Cody, SG:Cerebella, P4A:Chie
#8Noonan_257Posted 2/3/2013 10:06:07 AM
If you're new to fighting games, I'd recommend games like Soul Calibur and Tekken first. Those are much easier to get into than most 2D fighters.

UMvC3 is not a great representation of the fighting game genre, in my opinion. It's definitely a fun game, but it's entirely too chaotic compared to most other fighters. I find it to be the fastest-paced and punishing fighting game I've ever played. One wrong move and your entire team can get blown up.
---
PSN: RedDoomYak
The onus of proof is on the accuser, not the one questioning the claims.
#9NoizyChildPosted 2/3/2013 10:08:34 AM
Xeedragon

just wait for the third version of marvel vs capcom 3 before summer 2013, when it will be announced and then buy the game.

with total more of cthe characters roster, don't buy the game just now, just wait like i said before.

TC, whatever you do, please ignore this troll.
---
Who knew a "rage quitting scrub" like me could make so much noize?
https://twitter.com/Jason24cf/status/283040727536111616
#10GyudonKillerPosted 2/3/2013 10:10:43 AM
Noonan_257 posted...
If you're new to fighting games, I'd recommend games like Soul Calibur and Tekken first. Those are much easier to get into than most 2D fighters.

UMvC3 is not a great representation of the fighting game genre, in my opinion. It's definitely a fun game, but it's entirely too chaotic compared to most other fighters. I find it to be the fastest-paced and punishing fighting game I've ever played. One wrong move and your entire team can get blown up.

I want to add on what you just said. Because this is a very high-paced, chaotic she shenanigan of a game, if you're planning to try out more fighters from now on, other games like SFIV might seem "slow" or even "boring" to you. So maybe you should start with SSFIVAE, TC.
---
XBL:GyudonKiller
UMvC3:Skrull/Spencer/Strange, SSFIVAE:Chun/Cody, SG:Cerebella, P4A:Chie