How does Akuma's assist work?

#1sbn4Posted 2/2/2013 1:40:52 PM(edited)
I have been using a team of Chris, Trish, and Akuma a bit lately. And I'm using Akuma for combo extension as well as a GTFO me assist. But I've notice that there are times when Akuma gets blown up. When is the best time to call Akuma when you have someone rushing down Chris?

Forgot to mention I am using roflcopter assist (tatsu).
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2thedarksunPosted 2/2/2013 1:41:56 PM
Akuma is the type of assist that aids in your pressure, so try to get a hit first with Chris and then call Akuma to lock them down.

Alternatively, you could call Akuma and back him up with projectiles so that he's covered. However, if you do do this, becareful of beam supers.
#3lol_whatPosted 2/2/2013 1:44:52 PM
you need a little bit of space for akuma to turn into the deathcopter, he doesn't do it instantly.

two things to keep in mind though

- chris and trish both really want an anti air assist, might wanna consider swaping out akuma

- akuma assist doesn't do jack against vergil because he has hanzo steel
#4sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 1:55:53 PM(edited)
- chris and trish both really want an anti air assist, might wanna consider swaping out akuma

Problem is..... I don't like any of the characters that offer a good anti air assist. I have considered Doom, Strider, and Dante. I feel Doom would be particularly devestating for this team. But.... I hate Doom so much in this game. He's boring as hell. I don't like Strider's low health and his reliance on xfactor (I'm obviously not good enough with him to comeback without xfactor). Dante was the one I wanted to use the most. Not only is JS so good for both, but Chris can get 950K damage with one bar with JS assist. But, Dante is a bit hard for me to play.

I figured a good gtfo me assist and Trish's peakaboo (antiair) would be a good fit for Chris. And I personally feel Akuma is a better anchor than the above three characters I mentioned. But I really should use Dante or Doom. :/
---
#5lol_whatPosted 2/2/2013 2:04:02 PM
Trish's peakaboo (antiair)

peekaboo isn't anti air at all (unless you just got the names mixed up, your using the one that captures people right?). It's a shield/mixup/reset tool. It doesn't deal with people superjumping away and shooting at you

Hopscotch is poopy but it at least hits superjumpers (it's also a surprisingly good if gimmicky get-offf-me assist)
#6FabuIousPosted 2/2/2013 2:06:03 PM
use wong's technique. pushguard and then call him.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toilethumor
psn : toilethumorr
#7sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:19:54 PM
peekaboo isn't anti air at all (unless you just got the names mixed up, your using the one that captures people right?). It's a shield/mixup/reset tool. It doesn't deal with people superjumping away and shooting at you

Yeah, peakaboo is the glyph that holds people. Another reason why I thought it would be good is because it could help Chris' zoning. I believe mulitple peakaboos can be on screen at once (2-3 I believe). If someone lands in one, Chris can get 800k damage it you connect with the full combo. I was thinking of using Hopscoth over peakboo. It does hit super jumpers and works as a get off me. It also lead to a combo, but I sometimes feel like peakaboo is better because it is less visible.

And how important is an anti air for Chris? I mean, I see some people who use Chris and don't have anti-airs (LLND, GC Yoshi, WindZero). They do okay. It seems like they get beat out to aggressive rushdown (Magneto, Wolverine, etc) than super jump projectile.
---
#8DarksteelPosted 2/2/2013 2:54:03 PM
Someone here went into the lab and posted an extensive list of what it beats, loses to, and trades with see if you can find that
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#9Old_SodPosted 2/2/2013 2:56:10 PM
Darksteel posted...
Someone here went into the lab and posted an extensive list of what it beats, loses to, and trades with see if you can find that

Kartiscles or w/e did it. Search for "tatsu."
---
Playing: TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL), Dota 2 (PC)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#10lol_whatPosted 2/2/2013 7:28:08 PM(edited)
I believe mulitple peakaboos can be on screen at once

you'd be wrong, unless the assist is diferent from the point move for no reason (wouldn't be the only time)

And how important is an anti air for Chris? I

rly rly important. Not only is superjump projectile something chris has zero way to deal with but it really helps him not get destroyed by serious rushdown from magneto or wolverine or something. The only anti airs chris has are airthrows, psychic launcher (doesn't work against most stuff) and hoping they land into your flamethrower or grenades.

With an anti air you can get them off your ass. The fact that missiles/jam session lock you down (so chris can chip you forever and build tons of meter, his strongest suit by far) is an extra plus. You can pretty easily get combos off them by super jumping and doing a couple normals into mangum (and obviously you get easy combos off vajra, even from fullscreen because of the mangum loop)