I found a chris guard break on the ground.

#1lol_whatPosted 2/2/2013 7:17:18 PM(edited)
If you throw just as they block the explosion from an M grenade (and if I had to guess the other two) you somehow combo the explosion into a throw. I had the dummy on all guard and to always tech throws so it seems legit (wouldn't be the first time training mode in a capcom game does something screwy, though). It's really tight, probably a 1/2 frame link.

In the corner stun rod + jam session -> throw grenade is a pretty solid setup for this. They have a second or so where they aren't blocking but the only things chris doesn't have an answer for is an invincible move (and you gotta make sure the grenade exploding doesn't go through your invincibility and hit you) or an invincible crossover counter. Mashing normals doesn't work because of the grenade at your feet, chris can get in fast enough (even with advancing guard) to airthrow you if you try and escape (and jumping just before the grab attempt just makes you block the grenade) and he can stay slightly out of range then wavedash in for the throw attempt.

It all seems pretty gimmicky (although I didn't test it on incoming characters/airthrows, might have some potential there) but it mite b cool. If nothing else it's a good way to setup a mixup
#2lol_what(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:56:25 PM
pls respond
#3Unknown ForcePosted 2/2/2013 9:59:09 PM
no.
---
Companies only announce games when they're scared.
I don't just care, I ObamaCare.
#4ProzacIsBackPosted 2/2/2013 9:59:14 PM
You forgot the part where they throw you first

discuss
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#5lol_what(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:01:20 PM

I covered that, though?

Your sitting there blocking until a split second, and you can space it right so your out of throw range until the thing explodes.
#6ProzacIsBackPosted 2/2/2013 10:09:26 PM
lol_what posted...

I covered that, though?

Your sitting there blocking until a split second, and you can space it right so your out of throw range until the thing explodes.

Hitting the button on the one frame that their grenade blockstun begins for an inescapable guardbreak if they don't jump = difficult.

Moving forward and throwing them on the first frame you're close enough to throw them = difficult.

Moving forward and throwing them on the first frame you're close enough to throw them which also happens to be the first frame of blockstun from his grenade for an inescapable guardbreak if they don't jump = impossibru.
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#7lol_what(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:18:57 PM
I didn't say it was useful, just that it exists