holy **** this game' s AI is so terrible.

#11LordRattergunPosted 2/4/2013 4:45:07 AM
the sc3 ai is very pretty balenced (a couple intentionally rigged bosses and it's crippling inability to block specific moves notwithstanding) it's just not a drooling moron like the sc1/2 ai was so people got mad they had to block sometimes.

No.

It button reads like crazy and often does impossible moves like instantly rising off the ground to block.

It made unlocking certain characters (Shop girls in particular) complete hell. And Dancing Statue on Hard? You're not even going anywhere near that statue with the crazy AI sisters guarding it. Even the Iron Sword CPU killer trick is useless.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#12Phara0hManPosted 2/4/2013 4:57:31 AM
Vs. A.I. Tier List -

God Tier:

Doom
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Storm
Morrigan

Still ****s on the AI but not as free as God Tier:

Anyone with a notable projectile, invincible hyper or armor moves.

Hope you've got a good assist or hyper, otherwise good luck landing a hit Tier:

Anyone reliant on grounded mixups.
---
NP: Path of Exile, UMvC3, SFxT
UMvC3: Hawkeye/Dante/Sentinel, SFxT: Guy, King, Jin, Abel, Elena
#13lol_whatPosted 2/4/2013 4:59:41 AM
It button reads like crazy and often does impossible moves like instantly rising off the ground to block.

I never had any major issues with it, dunno.

It made unlocking certain characters (Shop girls in particular) complete hell.
you can just play the game and unlock characters.

And Dancing Statue on Hard? You're not even going anywhere near that statue with the crazy AI sisters
This I'll give you, that's one of the few rigged things I was talking about.
#14Venator_LupusPosted 2/4/2013 5:09:08 AM
Always makes me laugh when they just walk up to you and thorw you ..only to do nothing afterwards.
---
I rant therefore I am.
#15KarsticlesPosted 2/4/2013 5:12:06 AM
To plow through arcade mode, pick Sentinel or Doom. Sentinel's c.M, and Doom's s.S, are unblockable to the AI.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#16Azumarill12777Posted 2/4/2013 5:33:45 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
lol_what posted...
Soul. Calibur. 3.

That is all.

the sc3 ai is very pretty balenced (a couple intentionally rigged bosses and it's crippling inability to block specific moves notwithstanding) it's just not a drooling moron like the sc1/2 ai was so people got mad they had to block sometimes.

but yeah the AI in this game is somehow both sides of the terrible fighting game AI spectrum at the same time. It blatantly button reads and dodges everything you try to throw at it, but projectiles (and footdives) make it helpless

Not only that, but it will just stand there randomly so you can get a hit. So stupid.

As Siegfried, all I had to do was spam B into 2A over and over. The A.I will GUARANTEED not block the low hit if done fast enough.
---
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc236/Naples427/AzuFioves.gif
UMvC3: Zero May Cry. SCV: Maxi NFL: Jaguars(2nd pick in DAT Draft)Lakers(LEGIT 6 LYFE!!!)
#17zombie13579Posted 2/4/2013 5:40:36 AM
Pick doom win every match

Foot dive is an unblockable mixup
---
PSN: zombie13579 and NsB-Z0MB1E
Playing: UMvC3, LBP series, League of Legends, L4D2
#18MK9_Prodigy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:18:15 AM
Azumarill12777 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
lol_what posted...
Soul. Calibur. 3.

That is all.

but yeah the AI in this game is somehow both sides of the terrible fighting game AI spectrum at the same time. It blatantly button reads and dodges everything you try to throw at it, but projectiles (and footdives) make it helpless

Not only that, but it will just stand there randomly so you can get a hit. So stupid.

As Siegfried, all I had to do was spam B into 2A over and over. The A.I will GUARANTEED not block the low hit if done fast enough.

No, I meant UMVC3's AI lol. I never played SC3. (Played all the other ones though, hated SC3)
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#19Killarock404Posted 2/4/2013 6:26:48 AM
RagingRicans posted...
How? The A.I can block every fraudulent Zero mix up you have while punishing you. The computer is a bad ass.

The CPU cant block a footdive for anything.
#20smasher61Posted 2/4/2013 6:39:37 AM(edited)
i can't literally be the only person on this board who hasn't had to deal with this "super blocking" skill the ai supposedly has
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"