Who do you think will win EVO this year?

#51FabuIousPosted 2/5/2013 9:16:43 AM
there is not a single decent player that thinks mags beats morrigan.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toilethumor
psn : toilethumorr
#52MK9_ProdigyPosted 2/5/2013 9:21:54 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
CrispyPimp posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
CrispyPimp posted...
I love how Chris gets second at one tournament and now people think he isn't the best.

I've always said Champ was the best. In my honest opinion, he plays this game better then anyone else.

However, Chris G is probably just a better "natural" player and counters his team pretty well. Idk.

If Champ was playing the game better than everyone else, he would be winning instead of Chris. And Chris's team doesnt counter Champs at all. Both Mags and Dormammu have a better chance against it than the majority of the roster.

I will say that champ has the best defense of any player right now, though.

>Chris' team doesn't counter Champs.

Nah you're right, it's not like Morrigan is anti-phoenix or anything. She beats Dorm. She beats Mags. And she beats the hell out of Doom.

Morrigan pretty much beats everyone.

Morrigan does not beat Mags.

Mags can hang with her pretty good. Fanatiq, F Champ Magnetos have done a lot against Chris G's Morrigan and killed her. IF Ray Ray who chokes hard against Chris G ... actually beats Chris G ... its usually with his Magneto.

Magneto does not lose to Morrigan with assist. It's close. And if it's one on one ... Magneto beats Morrigan.

Morrigan does beat Doom though and Hawkeye beats both Doom and Dorm if he chooses to use Hawkeye.

Morrigan has anti Phoenix tech but its not guarantee. He needs either a random soul drain to hit or he needs to land a combo into it.

It was Champ's Phoenix that killed Chris G's entire team including Morrigan not once ... but twice their last set.

So yea ... its a very good anti Phoenix tech but its not gonna be a guarantee thing.

Morrigan beats Magneto.

Champ's team got decimated in that set, including his magneto and dorm. He got very lucky with Phoenix twice and Chris G then decided to not deal with it and landed a soul drain combo.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3, PSASBR Zero/Taskmaster/Vergil PSA:Dante, Sir Daniel
#53badjab326Posted 2/5/2013 9:21:58 AM
Me, because I am the best in the world at every game in the lineup.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile
#54Archangel2385Posted 2/5/2013 9:22:43 AM
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
CrispyPimp posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
CrispyPimp posted...
I love how Chris gets second at one tournament and now people think he isn't the best.

I've always said Champ was the best. In my honest opinion, he plays this game better then anyone else.

However, Chris G is probably just a better "natural" player and counters his team pretty well. Idk.

If Champ was playing the game better than everyone else, he would be winning instead of Chris. And Chris's team doesnt counter Champs at all. Both Mags and Dormammu have a better chance against it than the majority of the roster.

I will say that champ has the best defense of any player right now, though.

>Chris' team doesn't counter Champs.

Nah you're right, it's not like Morrigan is anti-phoenix or anything. She beats Dorm. She beats Mags. And she beats the hell out of Doom.

Morrigan pretty much beats everyone.

Morrigan does not beat Mags.

Mags can hang with her pretty good. Fanatiq, F Champ Magnetos have done a lot against Chris G's Morrigan and killed her. IF Ray Ray who chokes hard against Chris G ... actually beats Chris G ... its usually with his Magneto.

Magneto does not lose to Morrigan with assist. It's close. And if it's one on one ... Magneto beats Morrigan.

Morrigan does beat Doom though and Hawkeye beats both Doom and Dorm if he chooses to use Hawkeye.

Morrigan has anti Phoenix tech but its not guarantee. He needs either a random soul drain to hit or he needs to land a combo into it.

It was Champ's Phoenix that killed Chris G's entire team including Morrigan not once ... but twice their last set.

So yea ... its a very good anti Phoenix tech but its not gonna be a guarantee thing.

I think . . . I need to re-watch some Chris G / F. Champ matches, but I'm pretty sure Morrigan has consistently crapped all over Mags (which is why F. Champ will DHC into Dorm at the earliest possible opportunity).

Isn't that what made their FT15 so hype, because Hawkeye was a counter for Dorm, but lost to Mags, so most matches came down to who could get their "counter" in safely to deal with the other's "counter"?
---
Words mean nothing if logic doesn't back it up.
#55OMEGA RUGALPosted 2/5/2013 11:48:21 AM
Archangel2385 posted...

I think . . . I need to re-watch some Chris G / F. Champ matches, but I'm pretty sure Morrigan has consistently crapped all over Mags (which is why F. Champ will DHC into Dorm at the earliest possible opportunity).

Isn't that what made their FT15 so hype, because Hawkeye was a counter for Dorm, but lost to Mags, so most matches came down to who could get their "counter" in safely to deal with the other's "counter"?

That's becase Mags doesn't flat out beat her but Dormamu coming in with his "RUN" hyper as a DHC allows Dorm to gain his space and proceed to destroy Morrigan.

Dorm doesn't "beat" Morrigan either ... its a momentum based matchup as are many of Dorm's match ups.

Placing Dorm second allows Dorm to come in with that momentum as long as Magneto does not die against Morrigan and can't DHC into Dorm.

With Magneto ... Champ was going pretty even in the zoning game vs Morrigan which is how he kept getting 2 bars and DHCing into Dorm.

Problem was that once he did that ... Chris G was tagging in Hawkeye who just area with projectiles too fast for Dorm. It's a bad match up for Dorm.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#56OMEGA RUGALPosted 2/5/2013 11:50:33 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...

Morrigan beats Magneto.

Champ's team got decimated in that set, including his magneto and dorm. He got very lucky with Phoenix twice and Chris G then decided to not deal with it and landed a soul drain combo.

Who was building meter for Phoenix? Doom? ... hmmm ... nah ... Phoenix herself? .... hmmm nah ... call me crazy ... I think it was ... oh yea ... MAGNETO!!!

Not Magneto's fault Champ refuse to spend meter to kill Morrigan and save it for Phoenix.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#57Strider HienPosted 2/5/2013 11:56:29 AM
This is a tough choice for me...seeing that I support both Chris G and PRRog(PR FTW!)

That said....I think that Wolvy may SNIKT! some succubus slut that weekend,if all goes Rog's way.

Let's see....
---
Defender of Justice.Destroyer of Evil.Eternal Goody 2 shoes and friendly rival to everyone I encounter.PSN:DJSTRIDER