How do you fight BAD players?

#1loffterPosted 2/4/2013 12:13:32 PM
This is actually something important, and something that apparently the high level players have mastered. How do you get through the waves of people who have no idea what they are doing, so they do something so terribly stupid that you couldn't even have begun to expect it? In a set of 10, MAYBE. but in a 2 out of 3, how do you predict someone who doesnt when even THEY dont know what they are doing?
---
Also, I can kill you with my brain. ~ River
*Black2 3311-3541-1257
#2Venator_LupusPosted 2/4/2013 12:18:13 PM
In general making better decisions should always lead to victory.

A jobber activating xfactor mid combo to try and kill a character leaves them without and alot of the time they drop the combo anyways.
That's a serious advantage you have.

Taking advantage of a persons lack of experience would allow for more frequent TAC's and resets since they wouldn't expect it.peopel who mash can be baited and set up for another combo.

Yet there is always that chance they hit just the right thing they need, which is why people get randomed out at tournaments.

This is assuming of course they aren't using wolverine, can't really tell with those guys.
---
I rant therefore I am.
#3loffter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:21:39 PM
Venator_Lupus posted...
In general making better decisions should always lead to victory.

A jobber activating xfactor mid combo to try and kill a character leaves them without and alot of the time they drop the combo anyways.
That's a serious advantage you have.

Taking advantage of a persons lack of experience would allow for more frequent TAC's and resets since they wouldn't expect it.peopel who mash can be baited and set up for another combo.

Yet there is always that chance they hit just the right thing they need, which is why people get randomed out at tournaments.

This is assuming of course they aren't using wolverine, can't really tell with those guys.

I was playing a virgil online earlier and he was basically spamming helm breaker and then doing MMH combos. He would call Strange bolts then teleport behind me. Literally, every time he would go behind me. occasionally he would teleport and do rapid slashes, sometimes 2-4 times in a row. It took me a 4-5 matches to get used to that, and then I figured out why he wasnt actually doing virgil combos.

5 meter strange with x-factor. What do v_v
---
Also, I can kill you with my brain. ~ River
*Black2 3311-3541-1257
#4Y-I-K-E-SPosted 2/4/2013 12:25:00 PM
It don't make sense, if you consider them "BAD" how are they giving you trouble? Maybe these players deserve more credit then you are giving them. Knowing what the cast can and can't do in this game, will help you a lot and stop you being free to most gimmicks.
---
PSN Y-I-K-E-S
#5Phara0hManPosted 2/4/2013 12:25:44 PM
Play cheap. Spam without shame if it works. Do all those dirty little things you wish you could get away with real matches.

In short, don't outthink yourself. If your fundamentals are good, fall back on them and keep it basic.
---
NP: Path of Exile, UMvC3, SFxT
UMvC3: Hawkeye/Dante/Sentinel, SFxT: Guy, King, Jin, Abel, Elena
#6Chat NoirPosted 2/4/2013 12:29:55 PM
Pick a top tier team.

Also,
Y-I-K-E-S posted...
It doesn't make sense, if you consider them "BAD" how are they giving you trouble?
#7KarsticlesPosted 2/4/2013 12:34:27 PM
Bad players tend to be predictable yet unpredictable. Unpredictable because they do weird things that you would never think a person would do with the character they use. Predictable because that's actually how they play, and they tend to do those things a lot.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#8reyray0709Posted 2/4/2013 12:37:40 PM
Man, it sucks when you're playing a nut and you want to play in an educated manner.

Dumb down your strategy and don't over think things. Nuts don't give a damn about your new mixup.
---
Umvc3 Teams: Zero, Vergil, Wesker - Nova, RR, Strider - Hawkeye, Morrigan, Doom - 3rd strike: Yun & Yang
PSN and GT: reyray0709.
#9crondizzlePosted 2/4/2013 12:43:27 PM
1. zone them out
2. always expect they will press buttons when they get a chance, ie if you lock them down.
3. always expect random super/THC's
4. look for air grabs because a lot of noobs always jump and whiff buttons, or hold upback

over all it's easier to deal with in this game than Flowchart ken's in sf4, those are much more annoying.
#10Patrick7286Posted 2/4/2013 12:44:49 PM
Patience. Just sit back and let people spend all their meter on random supers/XF and all that. Wait for mistakes because they will occur if your opponent really is bad. Wait for the raw spencer air grapple, the obvious wesker gun H teleport, or a helm breaker to block in the air.

If by bad you mean people who know what to do with their characters but aren't thinking then it's a bit similar. Basically just do what works untill it stops working. I played omg its andre in a casual set about a month ago. I hit him with the exact same crossup setup 4 times in a row. On my 5th attempt I decided to go for the same side version and he blocked it. I felt pretty dumb because I tried to outguess someone who wasn't even guessing. Don't overestimate people.