Any advice for a new player?

#1MHGALEPosted 2/4/2013 2:37:38 PM
This is my first Capcom fighter, I never really played SF felt a little to slow for me. I played MK9 and was good around a 60% win, and SC5 was my other main game. I'm wondering where I should go to get my information and any tips? I have been watching the spooky streams and I'm starting to pick up on it. If there is an equivalent to 8wayrun or testyourmight, link it :)

---
SMT IV 2013! BELIEVE!
#2Y-I-K-E-SPosted 2/4/2013 2:39:24 PM
You'll need plenty of Wesker
---
PSN Y-I-K-E-S
#3soniczero9Posted 2/4/2013 2:41:34 PM(edited)
shoryuken.com is the big one for 2D fighters. Although if I'm being honest there's a lot of information there and if you're a beginner you're probably best off starting right here on this board.

Believe it or not, if you're understanding enough and let people here know you're a beginner, most everyone on here will be more than willing to help you out. Just post questions you have here on the board. Also keep in mind this game is infuriating so get ready to get really mad. A lot.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG9-SCVc-E0 - Animaniacs 1, Censors 0
#4KajinNinjaPosted 2/4/2013 2:45:46 PM
If you just like watching, PeacfulJay or Gunmetal streams. If you like players, personalaties and commentay watch some Leveluplive/IEBattlegrounds.

Join the crappy player thread too if youre new, ill be there for your general questions and we do lobbies when anyone is free to play.

If youre just starting and like some characters play them out and see the synergy... If not play Wesker/Doom/Sentinel to learn all the mechanics of them game. Or thats what I feel.
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <ViewtifulJoe/Assist/Anchor> (Poison X Christie)