I always get headaches after tournaments and casual sessions..

#11SolidAbyssPosted 2/5/2013 12:07:36 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
SolidAbyss posted...
I used to have that, usually mean you are too close to the monitor and the different tv input hurts your head. It takes a while for me to get used to it. Usually, i just stand back and watch and talk with friends instead of keep playing. Make sure to stay full and hydrated, always help out when you get a headach.

Yeah, I definitely need to drink more fluids when playing. Gonna bring water with me next time. When/How did you stop getting headaches?

It's something i just grown adapt too. I still feel lightheaded when I go in around the beginning when my scene start. But as the hours go by, i hardly notice it anymore.

Usually me and my friend would play for a few hours/joke around to warm up. Then we go out and eat/drink and we get serious when it's night time. Good to get break time inbetween instead of just sitting there all day.

I keep a giant waterbottle just in case, water really helps.
---
PSN: SolidAbyss
3ds friend code: 1204-0001-5868
#12SolidAbyssPosted 2/5/2013 12:08:41 AM
Tournaments are the worst though. Cramp up in a tiny room and you have to sit up close, I always go out to get a breather for 10 minute after each of my matches.
---
PSN: SolidAbyss
3ds friend code: 1204-0001-5868
#13TheSteelPhoenixPosted 2/5/2013 12:12:50 AM(edited)
I've become one of those people who becomes an expert at a subject because of my own long journey with it. In this case, migraines.

Here are some possibilities.

1. Dehydration. Very likely, especially in a different setting. There is more to getting dehydrated then just sweating. High stress situations puts us in over drive and it doesn't end tell the stress ends. (Stress is more than just 'oh im upset', stress as in physical stress). Make sure you are getting enough electrolytes. What kills you isn't lack of water, its the lack of salt/suger.

2. Ambient lighting. A lot of people get headaches staring at a screen if there is too little lighting, too much lighting, florescent lighting, what have you. Often yes, glasses can help. What kind depends on what you need, to make it darker or sharper, etc.

3. Food allergies. I discovered recently that I was allergic to just about everything in the universe. Citric fruits, tree nuts, wheat (and glutin), eggs, soy, most vegetables, and some other things. The reason I didn't know though was because the symptoms weren't anaphylactic shock like I assumed all allergies were. It basically explained why I had migraines constantly, sleeping problems, horrible excema, and a depressed immune system. Once I stopped eating those foods, literally all the problems disappeared within a week. I used to get head aches looking at screens, or if i was hungry, or a thousand other things. Worth seeing a doctor about it.

4. Too little or too much sleep. I remember a big thing that affects a lot of people is if they get too little (not as common as people like to believe) , more likely too MUCH sleep. It turns out both can mess up your bodies ability to deal with problems, which means something goes even a tiny bit wrong and suddenly everything in the head starts inflaming and bam, headaches.

That's what I can remember off the top of my head. Take care of yourself mate!
---
lol
#14TheMoralessStarPosted 2/5/2013 12:39:37 AM
Last tournament I went to wasn't too stressful, but I ain't about that driving though. So I joined Team NAH.
---
PSN: shakobe
Putting mark busters in their place since 2009.
#15txbullyPosted 2/5/2013 2:46:26 AM
Kingandqueens posted...
Dat stress

get your blood pressure checked i bet it's high. same thing happened to me. seriously dude, this is not a silly salt joke.
---
GT: stonefaceCal
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.
#16Lord_Shadow_19Posted 2/5/2013 2:47:50 AM
Besides nerves tingling all over my body from the occasional intensive action, I get fits of dizzyness after extended sessions with this game. If I haven't played in a while, my hands can sometimes cramp up as well.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#17ZekiraPosted 2/5/2013 3:01:03 AM
Wow I actually have the same thing at times too. lol.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#18KnyghtFallPosted 2/5/2013 4:50:00 AM
The other guy nailed it. 0

- Ambient lighting (flourescent is especially problematic for some)

- Dehydration. Water is best, not Gatorade or anything with high amounts of sodium. -

- Caffeine isn't a good idea while gaming. It's a nasty habit, but it can be broken. You'll be better in the long run. The effect is amplified with lots of cream and sugar.

- Gunnar Optics aren't a bad idea. Staring at an LCD screen or any screen for an extended period of time can cause headaches, eye twitching and other fun things. Those glasses are designed to help mitigate the effects. Even things like dry eyes. They have a bit of amplification, and they are tinted which takes time to get used to. Read up on them if you're interested. I have read only good things about them. I will get a pair as soon as get the chance. I work with computers all day then I like to game afterwards. My eyes do not. haha.

- Rest. Close your eyes for a while. Not only will you reduce your headaches, but you'll more easily retain what you've learned that day. It helps all the way around.

- Be comfortable while you play. I had to stop sitting on the floor. I don't like my legs going to sleep. (I played MvC2 for years on the floor. My execution dropped if I sat in a chair)

Ambient Lighting, Caffeine, Lack of Rest, and Eye Strain were the biggest culprits for me.
---
Dante is a nice check that you can cash at any liquor store. Haggar is a money order. ~loffter
#19Mr BogardPosted 2/5/2013 4:54:37 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
SolidAbyss posted...
I used to have that, usually mean you are too close to the monitor and the different tv input hurts your head. It takes a while for me to get used to it. Usually, i just stand back and watch and talk with friends instead of keep playing. Make sure to stay full and hydrated, always help out when you get a headach.

Yeah, I definitely need to drink more fluids when playing. Gonna bring water with me next time. When/How did you stop getting headaches?

Not just fluids, WATER.
---
"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there's something wrong with the universe!"
-Dr. Beverly Crusher- **Star Trek: The Next generation**
#20ProzacIsBackPosted 2/5/2013 5:11:48 AM
Water sucks,

Gaaaaatoraaaaade
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.