Idea: Dante Gets a Style Meter

#1StrykeBlaydePosted 2/5/2013 10:58:43 PM
Style meter starts at Come On(for reasons I'll explain), and for the variety/flash you show during combos causes it to rise to Bingo, Are You Ready?, and Showtime!*. When you go up each rank, Dante's base damage and meter-build go up. Not insane amounts, mind you, but just noticeable enough to actually be a factor in damage/meter build.

HOWEVER, the trade-off is that if you keep spamming the same attacks and/or doing the majority of the same combos-in-sequence(doing one extension into another, then repeating that same chain), you go down to Don't Worry. Your damage and meter build go down by a third while in Don't Worry.

Basically, it's incentive to be creative with Dante during matches and not just relying on the same old flowchart, in order to pump out more damage/meter build.

Yes/No? Needs Tweaks? What? Also, Vergil and Trish don't have enough moves to warrant this change to them as well. I mean, it's not like people want Vergil to be nerfed or anything.

*Yes, I'm using the DMC2 terms, I'm doing it for variety. If this is actually going to be an issue, just replace it with whatever works for you
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#2cloud805erPosted 2/5/2013 11:00:05 PM
I would break the meter. I approve
#3ZekiraPosted 2/5/2013 11:11:53 PM
lol that would just mean people will make 2 Dante BnBs and alternate between them

Not like there's a problem with that though. lol.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#4ZekiraPosted 2/5/2013 11:12:16 PM
The problem with style meter for fighting games is that it doesn't give you the same freedom to use moves like in DMC3.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#5StrykeBlayde(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:23:13 PM
Zekira posted...
lol that would just mean people will make 2 Dante BnBs and alternate between them

Not like there's a problem with that though. lol.

Still more variety than what we normally get.

Zekira posted...
The problem with style meter for fighting games is that it doesn't give you the same freedom to use moves like in DMC3.

That's why I kinda think it should be combo-only. If you're restricted to being different the ENTIRE TIME, you'll never get out of Don't Worry.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Captain of TheoryFAQs
#6RichterdgfPosted 2/6/2013 3:19:24 AM
Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.
---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade
#7Azumarill12777Posted 2/6/2013 3:20:56 AM
KEEPIN' IT STYLISH!!!!!!

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/Team-Heroes/Pokemon/000052-4_zps53be56a3.jpg
---
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc236/Naples427/AzuFioves.gif
UMvC3: Zero May Cry. SCV: Maxi NFL: Jaguars(2nd pick in DAT Draft)Lakers(LEGIT 6 LYFE!!!)
#8DuuuDe14Posted 2/6/2013 4:52:55 AM
How many times have i suggested this?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#9Bigezzay08Posted 2/6/2013 9:09:28 AM
I'd rather prefer a Royal Guard Meter.

Gimme Dreadnaught!!!
---
GT: I AM ONSLAUGHT
#10lol_whatPosted 2/6/2013 12:53:49 PM
this would only work if they didn't make dantes hitstun and damage scaling so hilariously awful on top of nerfing his main combo tools, meaning almost all of his possible combos aren't worth it at all