Why don't more people play morrigan?

#1djprofessork1Posted 2/6/2013 6:51:20 AM
i dont get it. I just played against a good morrigan online, and i got bodied free, couldn't get past the bullet hell.

but yet I never see any morrigans. Or if I do, they don't play the bullet hell style or don' t even have Dr. doom.

And in the tournament scene too, there's barely any morrigans. Even though she seems easy to win with. Jrosa and Nerd Josh picked up morrigan, and boom the next day they body everyone at next level Free except for chris G. So i don't get why more people aren't picking her.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#2king0091Posted 2/6/2013 6:58:55 AM
Doing multiple fireballs like that is alot harder than it looks, also many people don't like her playstyle or find her movement awkward.
#3Y-I-K-E-SPosted 2/6/2013 6:59:30 AM
Because I suck at doing her flight fireball combos
---
PSN Y-I-K-E-S
#4Lord_Shadow_19Posted 2/6/2013 7:01:06 AM
Nerdjosh still sucks.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#5Telly2588Posted 2/6/2013 7:02:14 AM
Not sure if serious but ill bite...

Bullet Hell is NOT as easy as it looks. Most players cannot keep it up for long, and even if they can there is a lot more to Morrigan than BH. Movement and proper spacing are paramount in keeping her alive long enough to do anything relevant. There's a reason why most people who play MorriDoom get bopped, or at least are not as successful with it as Chris.
---
PSN: BksOnlyHoP3
Yeezy taught me.
#6Y-I-K-E-SPosted 2/6/2013 7:05:44 AM
I meant the combo not the actual bullet hell thats the easy part, her dash in flight mode after the fireball feels weird to me
---
PSN Y-I-K-E-S
#7ZekiraPosted 2/6/2013 7:13:03 AM

well props to you if you find Bullet Hell easy; even for a Felicia and Hiryu player like me, Bullet Hell is insanely hard to pull off consistently. It's the main reason why the only successful Morrigan right now is ChrisG.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#8Y-I-K-E-SPosted 2/6/2013 7:26:31 AM
Chris G converts bullet hell into combos thats what makes him so good, he uses BH like an extension of his normals.
---
PSN Y-I-K-E-S
#9TakarimonPosted 2/6/2013 7:29:02 AM
Very hard to do it consistently.

People don't like to play lame Marvel.

Not everyone plays to win

One of these.
---
You have as little life as Phoenix and Seth.
#10GigaraverPosted 2/6/2013 7:30:55 AM(edited)
More than the constant quarter-circle motions required (or half-circles as some prefer) is altering between attack buttons for the proper fireball. It's sort of like rubbing your belly, patting your head, then doing vice versa on the dot.

If it was just the same attack button all the time, it would be much easier. But you have to alternate between M and H for lateral fireball spam. Otherwise you get diagonals...unless you want the diagonal, in which there's more alternating. Then if you wanna occasionally add a Soul Drain fireball...

It comes down to how much one's willing to practice in order to make it second nature. It HAS to be second nature. Otherwise you either screw up the execution and/or hesitate, and both lead to death.
---
Gamertag - The Hyperdon --- {Now Playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3}
Nintendo 3DS FC - [3394 - 3563 - 6616]