What is your favorite game genre other then fighting?

#1SolidAbyssPosted 2/6/2013 3:35:44 PM
Just curious what people on this board plays other then fighting games

RPG nerd over here, usually play pokemon when I'm not in the lab.
---
PSN: SolidAbyss
3ds friend code: 1204-0001-5868
#2AegisIkanaPosted 2/6/2013 3:39:13 PM
Final Fantasy.
---
PSN: TheVeldt;; Hsien Ko/Morrigan/Felicia; Morrigan/Sent/Dorm
Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.
#3Lord_Shadow_19Posted 2/6/2013 3:44:11 PM
RPGs

I don't play them as much as I used to and I've moved on to western style rpgs such as Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls and other similar games, but I used to be a huge Final Fantasy fan and a fan of pretty much anything Squaresoft...ahem "Square-Enix" (to be fair I loved games from both companies before the merger anyway so it actually is the more appropriate term anyway).

It's kind of sad, most of you are way too young to have enjoyed Japanese rpgs in their heyday, but the quality of games have increased greatly, but they really lose that...special something that really made them loved and memorable.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#4SolidAbyss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:58:34 PM
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
RPGs

I don't play them as much as I used to and I've moved on to western style rpgs such as Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls and other similar games, but I used to be a huge Final Fantasy fan and a fan of pretty much anything Squaresoft...ahem "Square-Enix" (to be fair I loved games from both companies before the merger anyway so it actually is the more appropriate term anyway).

It's kind of sad, most of you are way too young to have enjoyed Japanese rpgs in their heyday, but the quality of games have increased greatly, but they really lose that...special something that really made them loved and memorable.

I might not be as old as most people here, but I still grew up with old school JRPG as a kid because we had a collection of them. Talking the snes days, a little of NES as well.

JRPG nowadays are doing crap. I enjoyed final fantasy till after FFX. Square enix happened and i start hating the company. But there was a time when I played ALL the final fantasy games I can get my hands on, tried out quite a few dragon quest, and even played the obsecure games like Thread of Fate and Vagrant Story.

I think what JRPG is doing wrong is the story. Stories on JRPG is just not as charming anymore as a bunch of heroes team up, overcome obstacle, grow up, and save the day. Actual theming and motivation. JRPG nowadays are more graphically impressing, weeaboo overload like Disgaea (i do like the gameplay) and hyperdiemensional neptunia, or just have no good story whatsoever.

If you do like jrpg, I reccomend looking into the handhelds, those are your best bet on good quality JRPG. Shin Megami Tensei being my favorite series right now. Console JRPG is something I avoid now.

i'm exhausted so my grammer is a bit iffy right now.
---
PSN: SolidAbyss
3ds friend code: 1204-0001-5868
#5Old_SodPosted 2/6/2013 4:02:38 PM
RPGs and FPSs tied probably
Then RTSs/Strategy
Then Action-Adventure
Then Sports
---
Playing: TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL), Dota 2 (PC)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#6JinkininkiPosted 2/6/2013 4:05:59 PM
RPGs.

That's basically all I play: fighting games and RPGs.

Okay, and the occasional shooter/adventure game.
#7CamelJames28Posted 2/6/2013 4:13:50 PM
Probably Action platformers like Ratchet and clank and Jak and Daxter
---
http://i.imgur.com/WX6rS.gif http://i.imgur.com/TUTdw.gif
#8DuuuDe14Posted 2/6/2013 4:14:04 PM
It was shooters, but im beginning to move to rpgs and adventure games. Only shooter im ever gonna play seriously again is Judgement.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#9lol_whatPosted 2/6/2013 4:16:01 PM
action games
#10loffterPosted 2/6/2013 4:21:07 PM
sadly survival horror is dead, so RPG.
---
Also, I can kill you with my brain. ~ River
*Black2 3311-3541-1257