What is your favorite game genre other then fighting?

#31crondizzlePosted 2/6/2013 9:58:04 PM
mostly old games on Emulators and stuff. I don't really like new games. they're all too easy, and they feel more like movies than games.

i only buy the new consoles for fighting games really. and the classics on PSN/xbla.
#32KajinNinjaPosted 2/6/2013 10:23:45 PM
Ive been getting into sandbox type games lately, but I mostly prefer puzzle stuff.
---
Perfection hinders progress...
PSN: TheRealKaji <ViewtifulJoe/Assist/Anchor> (Poison X Christie)
#33Alom_o_molaPosted 2/6/2013 10:37:56 PM
puzzles, visual novels
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#34NeonCrusaderPosted 2/6/2013 10:43:48 PM
Over the top action games. "Extreme action" is what it's technically called I guess; games like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta.
---
P4A: Yukiko/Mitsuru
BBCP: Valkenhayn/Azrael
#35ZekiraPosted 2/7/2013 3:12:40 AM
Fighting is actually pretty low on my favorite game genre, I really just love UMvC3.

My favorite genre is actually rhythm games. My most favorite video game is actually Taiko no Tatsujin. Then I'm a DDR and Pop'n Music player too.
---
UMvC3: Felicia (A) / Amaterasu (B) / Strider (Y). Philippines' Felicia and Amaterasu representative. Offline PS2/PS3 pad player with weird configuration.
#36inkyFPPosted 2/7/2013 11:11:06 AM
RPGs are my favorite genre. Playing dark souls way too much right now. All over again.
#37TwistedSensesPosted 2/7/2013 11:14:29 AM
Anything psychologically enthralling. Not necessarily a genre, since it spreads out between a few.

Puzzles/strategy games are fun.

Whatever Dark Souls is.
---
Deadpool/Hawkeye/Strider Hiryu all day | Yoshimitsu/Raven | Goh'ing to hell since like...a few months ago.
#38scaler24Posted 2/7/2013 11:32:08 AM
1) RPGs: Final Fantasy, Xenogears and Chrono Trigger come to mind.
2) Visual Novels: I f***ing love Ace Attorney, Layton and Zero Escape
3) Action-Adventure Games
4) Fighting games: UMvC3, Brawl and Dissidia (probably P4:A in the near future) are the only Fighting games I'm actually crazy about.
5) Party games: Especially Mario Party
6) FPS: Not much of a fan. The only one I love is Metroid Prime series, and I don't think that one counts.
7) Sports: I don't like them much and only play them when my friends insist on playing FIFA.

The lack of Visual Novels in this topic saddens me :(
---
Also known as Herr_Edgeworth
PSN: Scaler24 UMvC3 Teams: http://www.tinyurl.com/zewram and http://tinyurl.com/dofrde
#39Strider HienPosted 2/7/2013 11:46:08 AM
RPGs

I don't play them as much as I used to and I've moved on to western style rpgs such as Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls and other similar games, but I used to be a huge Final Fantasy fan and a fan of pretty much anything Squaresoft...ahem "Square-Enix" (to be fair I loved games from both companies before the merger anyway so it actually is the more appropriate term anyway).

It's kind of sad, most of you are way too young to have enjoyed Japanese rpgs in their heyday, but the quality of games have increased greatly, but they really lose that...special something that really made them loved and memorable.

I'm in that boat with you,Shadow.

During the golden years of gaming(Them 16 bit days...:*) ) Squaresoft was a force to be reckoned with.Even the lesser titles like Final Fantasy:Mystic Quest had quite the following(Listening to this just warms my heart...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vI6cxWQ_OY)

I often think that what made them special was when them(the developers) were trying to push the hardware to it's limits.Games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6(3 in the US) are the games dudes my age dreamed of so many years ago.Super Mario RPG was also something special( A friend of mine hooked to that thing like crazy),but I never could appreciate it as whole.

Maybe it's just me growing up....But those days were the best.

To answer TC's question:Shoot em' up,brawlers,Action.I'm an arcade rat....
---
Defender of Justice.Destroyer of Evil.Eternal Goody 2 shoes and friendly rival to everyone I encounter.PSN:DJSTRIDER
#40tristin809Posted 2/7/2013 12:39:57 PM
Halo and RPG.
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)